Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Went looking for UYD talking about Andrew Dice Clay (don't know why) and in episode 811 there's the Coca-Cola executive talking about how she gives her family a different sugary drink for each meal of the day.

On the topic of sodas, has Seth weighed in on the new Pepsi Zero Sugar formula yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

935: The Omnivore Trials: Rise of the Ezequiels

GraPar posted:

The Omnivore Trials phrogger story is one of the craziest things that's even been discussed on the show. Amazing.

Oh my God the Omnivore Trials

The clarification that the show didn't highlight any of that text and Seth had to screenshot and transcribe it was mindblowing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Boatswain posted:

Timestamp TIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdORPboi9Rg&t=3070s

Should be queued up; it's 51:10 in the video, 54:20 in the audio episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

pooch516 posted:

I remember it being pretty funny at the time, but not sure how it aged.

It's a Chris Lilley show, so...not well.

EDIT:
To the right you'll see a self portrait
She took of herself in the bathroom
Shortly before she killed herself

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 30, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Everybody had a slightly panicked look on their face, and I was like, 'Oh, it's just Monday. In L.A.'"
"Yeah. It's just L.A. Lo Mein Mondays; at Panda, by Seth's crib! How many people? '8 Billion, by midnight.'

Yeah. Goodnight!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mweber posted:

Hit kids gonna getchu

"Hitkids can fit in small places! Hitkids get you from under the bed!"

that and the song really should honestly be enough to get a 6-episode series pickup at Adult Swim.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mcvey posted:

It is the Year of the Clit, after all

That bit had me cracking up. "I don't think you're supposed to say the second part."

EDIT: The decision to revisit Jonathan's teenage poetry has been so drat good. At first I was just confused as to why they were revisiting such old material but the additional time/distance since the last time it came up is producing some great reactions and introspection.

"The White Man calls her flute pla-"
"NOBODY HAS EVER WRITTEN THAT! NOBODY SHOULD'VE EVER WRITTEN THAT!"

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 12, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can’t remember which one it is but the one where he says “gently caress you, give me that” to make sure Seth isn’t loving with him.

Episode 34 - Untitled: Sorry I am giving you all this poo poo / But it just helps to write out whats going on in the mind of a lunatic

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Talk poo poo.
Stay Sober.
Live Forever.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I have to sign a sympathy card for a coworker, I'm searching for what to say and what is my first thought? "Oh, I should check CardsWishes Dot Com."

quote:

Accept my deep condolences! I’m praying that happiness comes back to you in waves.
The loss of [insert name] is felt by everyone. It will also be felt by every angel in heaven. My sincere condolences!
May you never lose hope during this crisis period. Sincere condolences from the team.
Condolences on losing the love of your life. May [his/her] soul rest in peace and you find the eternal peace.

"Find the eternal peace" during this "crisis period." Absolutely perfect. No notes. Thanks CardsWishes Dot Com.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 8, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I also don't sit in the front row of movie theaters. I mean, I'm crazy?...But c'mon."

also the run of "Make your parents take you to see a late 80's/early 90's erotic thriller while you, a 10 year old, excitedly yell at the screen 'Yeah! Cheat on your wife! This is great!'" was phenomenal.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

oshuaj posted:

That ChatPGT segment in 968 is so good

ChatGPT essentially thinks that UYD is an SNL "Debbie Downer" sketch

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Confusedslight posted:

Mind if someone can timestamp it?

Intro discussion starts at around 12:30 on the audio version, they start reading the generated script right at about 15:00.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love and use "wanky wanky" as acknowledgement of a mild innuendo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Odddzy posted:

"80% of people with down syndrome are black children."

- Johnathan Larroquette Jr.

I think every time this comes up I post Jonathan's recounting of that conversation many episodes later: "I told you '1 in 10 black children are born with Down's Syndrome,' and you said, 'Jonathan, those are terrible odds.' And I said, 'I know. It's really sad.'"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Boatswain posted:

Also the first thing I thought of, shameful lmao.

Add me to the list of people who immediately thought about buying meth on Craigslist when I heard the news

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ordered Dominos tonight and when I looked at the Pizza Tracker and saw:

I immediately mentally appended it: "...with his big dick. Everyone loves him."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JethroMcB posted:

Here's a "what was the episode" question: does anybody remember the segment where they clown on somebody for saying "Ballin'," and then for the rest of the episode they occasionally punctuate their riffs with a high-pitched, nasal "BAAAAAALLLLLIN'!"?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Don't have the ep but I wanna say it was prompted by something like a police job listing seeking candidates with knowledge of street lingo that gave "ballin'" as an example.

It's episode 234, talking about a DEA agent who was looking to hire 9 "Ebonics translators". (I found this looking for a different quote - "Help me, I'm Na'vi.")

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Feels like switching to dedicated theme music and losing the show notes go hand-in-hand. Streamlines the production process and helps them more or less stick to a consistent release schedule, but loses some of the character.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"We were just playing."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's because of that clip that I immediately think "I'm always in a rush/Did you know it's...President Buuuuuush?..." when the topic of LFO comes up.

"'Like the Color Purple'...the movie, or the book?"
"I think he just likes the color, purple."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Help me, I'm Na'vi" is from episode 234 when they're talking about the upcoming extended cut of Avatar hitting theaters. Avatar forum post discussion is in 203. "Jake and Neytiri: Who will be an authority in this relationship?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You can use Archive.org's Wayback Machine to pull up old captures of Weck's Wiki, and I had also gone digging for old segments about Avatar (specifically the "Help me, I'm Na'vi" line) just a few months ago.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Looking at travel bundles to NYC for that weekend. Never been, always wanted to go, this might be the perfect reason.

This miserable heat makes me keep thinking about Jonathan's story of when he was flying and encountered a very loud Southern woman at the terminal who was severely agitated and kept pulling her shirt up to her neck and shouting "I'M HAWT" (While her Hank Hill husband kept calmly and patiently telling her "Baby, they will kick you off this plane...")

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Britney Spears 2002 Film ‘Crossroads’ Returning to Theaters for Global Fan Event

I hope this means Seth is about to see some real mailbox money. Like, two meals at SweetGreen money. PAPER CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Autoplay'd into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgVFy41reM, "Just got back from a family barbecue. I need to gently caress my dad." [...] "I've been working with this amazing director, his name's Guycunt."

Isn't that the same video that autoplayed when Marcia was telling the guy at the Apple Store(?) "Oh my son has a podcast"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There definitely used to be a "Bonus Listening" feed available through Patreon, but if I'm remembering correctly there were maybe 3 live shows and 1 Jonathan DJ set added there before they stopped updating it. My guess is that it was forgotten and deleted after this big Patreon update/reorganization a month or two back.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If you go to the Archive on the UYD website they've now got all the live episodes, Marcia episodes and early series "bonus" episodes in their own playlists.

Also does anybody know of a good application for downloading every media link on a web page, or am I gonna have to sit here and right-click/save as 799 times

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I got both a torn envelope instead of a license plate pin and a jacked-up OG UYD tee

RATS! posted:

Downthemall was good a while ago

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Listening to the Seth's Rally Cap Wife story and the way that he addresses "Oh, by the way, I do not speak when I'm in Leaf and I do not speak to the employees when I see them in public" remains so drat funny and perplexing.

"...which one am I here for?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Per the archive of Weck's Wiki:

Episode 007
16:22 – Toby Keith – “Get Drunk and Be Somebody” (first one to be dictated). Jah: “loving Toby Keith. He’s the worst right? He’s got to be the worst.” (17:36)

Episode 020
23:40 – Toby Keith – “Honkytonk U”

Episode 026
33:42 – Toby Keith – “I Love This Bar”

Episode 028
35:57 – (Jah chooses Koby Teeth over Tim McGraw, but Seth does both) Toby Keith – “You Ain’t Much Fun” and Tim McGraw – “I Like It, I Love It”

Episode 059
37:28 – Toby Keith – “High Maintenance Woman”

Episode 085
46:55 – Toby Keith – “Love Me If You Can”

Episode 124
16:15 – Toby Keith – “She’s A Hottie”

Episode 197
8:15 – Toby Keith – “Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue – The Angry American”

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

977:
S: Did you just say that it's been theorized that Jesus smoked weed?
J: hashish

I fell off regular listening in the mid 970s, coming back to "'IT HAS BEEN THEORIZED THAT JESUS SMOKED WEED,' THAT'S WHAT HE JUST SAID" was absolutely perfect

And then that's followed immediately by DJ Clear the Floor at the top of the next episode. Great one-two punch.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Kung Fu Panda 4 promotion got me seeking out the clip of Seth recounting overhearing two dudes breaking down the end of the first one in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUjJDLkRIQ

"He's bigger...more body mass. That's why he won, he just believed it."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Early UYD request:

They're talking about this commercial and how the original band came to sing for the commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjctVBg6K8

Jonathan does a passionate impression

Per the Weck's Wiki archive this is Episode 96, about four minutes in. They start discussing it shortly before Jonathan attempts the blind M&M color identification challenge.

Also in Episode 96:

quote:

UYD Stories

23:30 – Jah drives by a luxury used car dealership by his house around 9 p.m., sees a person out there bundled up and drawing a basket of presents on a wall mural. When he comes back at 3 a.m. she’s still drawing. Leaves next morning at 10 a.m. and she’s still there, etc. For 4-5 nights this is going on. Ends up with Santa Claus in a Model T, and then “Drive Your Dream” written in the background. It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

131:

"Never look a rasta in the eye"

"I thought Rastafani was something Jonathan made up"