Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Knucklebear posted:

Just to clarify, I didn't get my USB yet. They said that the usb's are taking a little longer than expected.

Ah. What all was in the Merch Pack though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bango skank posted:

Yeah, hopefully the patreon monies will motivate them to finally just start releasing on a regular day of the week, every week.

e: Also, I say "them" but lets not kid ourselves and pretend it's ever not Jonathon who's responsible for delays in new eps.

I remember in an episode (not too terribly long ago, but way before the patreon page) Jonathan said, "We're gonna start uploading more regularly, every Monday" and not once, not once did that end up happening.
And now with a 16-day gap between eps, it's not looking like the patreon donations have done much to improve his work ethic. Oh well

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm really about to complain that the failed actor slackers I listen to weekly aren't being totally responsible economic actors.

Haha, yeah! Except only one of the dudes is actually the slacker...

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

i also saw the boys in NYC, the late show. it was amazing.

that ask amy question, holy poo poo

This may be lame but for the wife to say, "Oh... I don't want to fly. I have anxiety issues." It really seems like an effort to nix the Vegas idea because she was planning a surprise party. I mean, it was the dudes 50th after all. If she wasn't planning anything at all then get a divorce lawyer.

Also, great ep. Elijah Wood = celeb UYD fan. Pretty cool.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

CortezFantastic posted:

Early show was released first, late show still hasn't. In that Ask Amy it's racist grandma

Ohhh. I was like.. am I hearing something wrong...

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Matey posted:

Good live episode. I'm starting a change.org petition to make uyd release the lost ep with racist, homophobic Jonathan

If you need your fix of racist, homophobic Jonathan you can just listen to the early eps

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

a pipe smoking dog posted:

He got so hosed up he let an obvious pedo kidnap a little black kid. There's no way he could look dr hanson in the eye after that, so now he's stone cold sober.

"You like fries?" *smacks the kid*
I think that incident is why Seth dreams of adopting a black grandson.

But Seth mentions in one of the live eps calling Jonathan while piss-drunk riding a merry go round, "I can't do this anymoreee" and that's when he sobered up. As far as I know it was booze he had a problem with, not sure if other substances were involved. Jonathan also mentions, "I knew you during that time of your life and I thought you were gonna die."

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow. I vaguely remember him talking about coke but I don't remember any of the other stuff. Time to relisten! And good for Seth overcoming all that and becoming the awesome dancecast host he is today.

edit: 473 is up yallll

Caper fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 1, 2015

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

KidDynamite posted:

Patreon got hacked but says everything was hashed. I'm really loving tired of having to scorched earth my poo poo after a hack. No fault of the boys but this probably loses my monthly donation.

I mean.. is doing that recommended? Canceling your cards or whatever

Edit: Patreon just says change your passwords. Ugh, my fricking USB better be on its way...

Caper fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 1, 2015

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jonathan chose J. Cole - No Role Modelz as the intro. God he has great taste in music

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Boatswain posted:

Rob Lowe being what we want him to be.

Chris Traeger?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ok, this is driving me absolutely insane. I've downloaded a number of eps (5 or 6 at a time) from the archive site but they simply refuse to sync properly to my iphone. Motherfuck itunes.

If anyone knows what the deal is or if there's anything I can do, I'd appreciate it. Google has been useless unless I want advice from 2011. And if we can we should probably take it to PMs so we don't clog up the thread.

To contribute:
This dude has posted compilations with great clips that are each labeled by episode. ~15:15 is one of my favorite stories of all time, the 29-year old gay 12-year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUxxpbRcQs

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

lmao zebong posted:

Maybe you can try renaming the 'Artist' part of the downloaded episodes and see if that would work?

Haha, I tried exactly that during my lunch break. Did nothing. iTunes is getting into my freaking head.

lmao zebong posted:

Supposedly I am going to get a USB stick with the first 200 episodes for donating to their Patreon, but their message on August 27th said 'mid-September', and another message on September 25th said the flash drives are still 'coming together', so at this pace I'll actually get it sometime in 2016. Plus, the podcast on iTunes currently only goes back to 275 so there is a significant gap if you want to listen to the entire backlog easily. Love the dudes and I appreciate the hundreds of hours of entertainment I have gotten for free but doesn't really make the delays any less annoying.

We are in the same boat my friend. I donate to the Patreon, I've even ordered a t-shirt since the new merch store went up. I got the shirt but no USB. I thought maybe I ordered it too early so they overlooked me as a USB recipient because that other poster ordered stuff and got theirs along with whatever they ordered. I don't really know at this point I just hope I get it.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bvoid posted:

I only have experience with the iPhone Podcasts app, so if you have that, just go to My Podcasts, click the little + sign at the top left, then Add Podcast, and paste that link in there.

I love you.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

a starwar betamax posted:

Good thing SA has this dedicated podcast subforum that can dole out on point tech tips like that.

I agree! :D

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

im a girl btw posted:

Jonathan speaking with great confidence on topics he obviously knows nothing about is one of the things that keeps bringing me back.

Did you know that one out of every ten African American children is born with Down Syndrome?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

shadow puppet of a posted:

I am really impressed with how perfectly UYD-like UYD has been in handling the influx of money.

I actually left a voicemail about my USB drive. Seth called back yesterday and gave me an email I could send merch questions to and wanted me to touch base with him on the status of my merch. He seems to care but I really wanted to let him know I think Jonathan is kind of an a-wipe. I refrained from doing so

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

Wait people actually assumed that USB drives would arrive?

Yeah. I mean I guess I'm a dork for expecting it but I thought since they're making all this dough now things might be different.

Crescendo posted:

Considering how neurotic Seth is about punctuality and everything associated with being a competent citizen, it's actually amazing he can even tolerate Jonathan.

He's such a goddamned fuckup. It must be infuriating at times.

They've been friends for so long. I have a friend from high school whose lifestyle is radically different from mine in a way almost similar to Jonathan and Seth. Any time we have like a tiff it usually blows over and we just forget about it.

And then I force feed him this dick.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

mcvey posted:

Please don't be cunts about inconsequential poo poo tia

Yeah man just be cool and let poo poo slide hth

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

CortezFantastic posted:

I'm not saying be a dick to him but he should know people are disappointed. Like how I am disappointed how I asked for a coffee mug and he said he'd get on it. WHEN JONATHAN WHEN
That's how I feel. I'm still proud to support the show but the way things have been going since the Patreon started have been really disappointing. It really seems like I'm not the only one who feels this way, and if Jonathan's going to take listeners' money but not put more effort into things then that just seems messed up to me.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's not just the merch issues, really. I don't mean to complain a lot but there's something I've been noticing in the last few months.

In between the LA live show and the Boston one there was a 2 week break, completely understandable since it was 2 big shows on opposite sides of the country. They dropped a 'long-form stories' episode to fill the gap between those shows that some people liked, some didn't. But the point was they made an effort to provide some sort of content so there wouldn't be a huge gap, especially right after the Patreon started. But after the Boston show, there was another 2 week gap, another one between that 'in-studio' episode and the 2 NYC episodes, and yet another one after that.

It just seems like, since the crowdfunding started, there's actually been less consistency than before. I'm not pulling my hair out or anything over episodes of a podcast, and I apologize if it seems like I am. The issue I have here is it just seems like the Patreon has enabled Jonathan to use other people's dough to be even flakier than usual, which is really effed up.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Well whatever dude. You can take your lame jabs if you must. I'm just pointing out something I've noticed.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

little munchkin posted:

I think you should contact Jonathan and tell him that you are not into games or drama.

He'd probably be like, "Listen, dude. I do not take things from other people. I am a Rastafarian. That is very against my religion"

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dark Weasel posted:

I would donate every dollar I have for uncut hi-def footage of every interaction there ever was of teen Jah trying to pull that poo poo with authority figures

*Native American elders come upon a wandering young Jonathan* "You guys wanna smoke weed?"

477 is up btw :cheers:

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Oh yeah I just let that go lol. But now it seems like people are reacting to the lack/scarceness of new eps!!

CortezFantastic posted:

i would imagine a lot of people who expect some sort of competency are newer listeners

i only started listening in 2011 and there has been four times merch has gone up and was never spoken of again, real sad i missed that sailor shirt tho

Yeah merch is a game of roulette with UYD but god damnit I want some new freaking eps!

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Edit: Yeah, it's really not a big deal dude.

Caper fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 19, 2015

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

Fair enough.

Skype episode was good. Seth was on-point. I wouldn't mind another one.

Seth is always good. That's why I love UYD so much even though I think Jonathan is a pretty sketchy guy.
About the Patreon thing, I posted a few pages back that I was disappointed in the decline in consistency since the donations started and everyone just told me to take a chill pill. I think that's all anyone is gonna say. The most we could do is to stop pledging, which I'm not gonna do just yet

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think this would be awesome for Seth's Clips. All in the Family's Edith Bunker gets sexually assaulted in her own home and when asked by police to describe the assailant she has a panic attack and runs away. The audience apparently finds this amusing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGXbToX_nuU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

I donated to Patreon on day 1 and I got my flash drive in the mail earlier this week. Envelope was fine, the flash drive was in a small protective plastic case. My address was hand-written and there was nothing else inside the envelope.

I guess just hold out for a little longer and see if it shows up.

Did you do $20 or $10? I've been Donating since day 1, but I've been doing $10. I know that's one of the tiers that gets the USB, but I'm not sure if the amount I'm giving has affected whether or not I'll ever actually get one.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

is UYD branded.

That's literally the only reason I want it. I already have access to all the eps thanks to the RSS feed someone posted. Argh!

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

Yeah I did :10bux:. The flash drive is cool and is UYD branded.

Wahoo

Also chiming in to say 480 is a freaking hilarious ep, and it's not just the sheep story

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I loved his OnStar jokes.
"I'm upside down!" "So? What do you want me to do about it?"
"The car is on fire!" "I dunno. Get out of it."

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Seth's Star Wars Rant will not be complete without a Goobatron namedrop.

and the Bumbledores

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
The dude is an airhead.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Seth has a friend who teaches English to students in Korea and he uses UYD to help them learn the language and then they practice by writing letters to Seth.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

peter banana posted:

I'm in LA for work and have stretched my time out a bit here for myself and have been driving around listening to UYD. Living, laughing, loving, learning, Los Angeles right now.

"Let these mellifluous tones follow you on your travels" - something Seth literally said to me when he called me back while I just happened to be enjoying UYD on a road trip

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
There's this dude named 'Tyrone Trh' on Youtube that has made some pretty dope UYD compilations. He's up to #35 now

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's not their fault. It was the god drat Carbon Monoxide

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Listening to this new ep, I don't think Jonathan can hear 'Michael Madsen' without mentioning Tom Sizemore. I remember him saying he would suck Michael Madsen's dick before he shook Tom Sizemore's hands, with gloves.

Also, my USB took several months but when I called Seth on the 10 year anniversary and asked for one of the show notecards, I got it in like 2 days lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

mcvey posted:

That was Seth with the Sizemore/Madsen stuff.

No it wasn't? Seth mentioned Mike Madsen had a son and Jonathan asked if it was from when he dated Heidi Fleiss and then he was like oh no that was Tom Sizemore.