Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast, formerly Comedy Death Ray: The Podcast, is:

quote:

a high-spirited get-together between host Scott Aukerman (“Mr. Show”, Producer of “Between Two Ferns”) and his funny friends! You can expect conversation, music, improv, games, and most importantly plugs.

Here's your host:
The World Famous Scott-a-bot, Hot Saucerman, Scott Tabletop, Scott Clockerman, Scott Aukerlips, Scott Favabean, Skip Soccermom, et al -- Scott Aukerman!

Scott is famous for his work on "Mr. Show" and "Between Two Ferns" and he was also on "The Sarah Silverman Program" and "Children's Hospital" and "a lot of other poo poo" but he's mostly famous for writing because, well, look. He also co-runs the ever-expanding Earwolf.com which is home to a half-zillion other podcasts, some good, some not so much.

Here's where you click:
Earwolf
iTunes
RSS

Where to start with CBB?
That's kind of up to the thread to decide I guess, but to me - CBB is not a show that you need to know a lot of background on before getting into it. I started around episode 50 and listened to the ones with my favorite guests (Patton Oswalt, Paul F. Tompkins for starters) and once I decided I liked it I just sort of clicked at random until I was all caught up. I think that if you go in knowing that the show is basically a forum for comedians to play with character ideas and do absurdist improv, you know pretty much all you need.

Here are some things to click anyways though:

Brett Gelman's short story - iBrain (this got Brett BANNED from the show forever and ever)

Bob Ducca, Scott's ex-Step-Father, and his Food Allergies.

Fan favorite El Chupacabra takes some calls.

John C. Reilly and "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm have an ACT OFF.

What else?
poo poo, I don't know man! There are new episodes every Monday so let's start posting funny sentences from them!

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I just wish I could skip to the end of this thread.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Holy poo poo Scott Auckerman looks weird in that picture :stare:

This is my favorite show because it made me realize how loving funny Jon Hamm is. Also, how is there no Cake Boss clip in the OP :colbert:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Anal Volcano posted:

This is my favorite show because it made me realize how loving funny Jon Hamm is. Also, how is there no Cake Boss clip in the OP :colbert:

Couldn't find a strictly CBB clip, and the new Earwolf site doesn't make it easy to find a specific clip

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Does anyone know where James Adomian went? He hasn't been on in ages and he's a top tier guest for this show. I pretty much love all his appearances. I also miss Jon Daly.

I haven't quite listened to the entire run but for anyone who is new to it, the backlog is worth checking out. I LOVE the Halloween episode from 2010. Suicide House is one of my favorite one-off CDR bits.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Adomian moved to New York. Hoping that maybe SNL is in the works.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
e: jesus I'm terrible at posting tonight

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Love me some Mott Skaukerman (I miss little gary, I liked him unlike a lot of people, of course I also wish Harris Wittels had an hour long Foam Corner show).

My favorite segment is jukebox jury I just love to hear people making fun of bad comedy songs. Does anyone else wish that they had a separate show just for the plugs?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Love me some Mott Skaukerman (I miss little gary, I liked him unlike a lot of people, of course I also wish Harris Wittels had an hour long Foam Corner show).

My favorite segment is jukebox jury I just love to hear people making fun of bad comedy songs. Does anyone else wish that they had a separate show just for the plugs?
I miss that Scott Tabletop guy. Scottabott is a dick.

The best Jukebox Jury was the one with Alan Rickman. Actually that's maybe the best CBB ever, so just go with that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Which episode has Alan Rickman in? I'm guessing he's fake Alan Rickman.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Which episode has Alan Rickman in? I'm guessing he's fake Alan Rickman.

Episode 98 with Adam Scott and James Adomian.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Strange Matter posted:

I miss that Scott Tabletop guy. Scottabott is a dick.

The best Jukebox Jury was the one with Alan Rickman. Actually that's maybe the best CBB ever, so just go with that.

Good. One.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Good. One.

Re: thread title.

Looking forward to page 3.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I love any episode with Harris Wittels or Adam Scott, but when those two together I nearly crashed my car laughing. Their lumberyard routine started quite banal, but went someplace very, very surreal.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dorepoll posted:

I love any episode with Harris Wittels or Adam Scott, but when those two together I nearly crashed my car laughing. Their lumberyard routine started quite banal, but went someplace very, very surreal.

I love Harris. I hated him at first, but he grew on me really, really quickly. Even when he sucks, he's just fun to listen to.

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro
James Adomian's Paul Giamatti impression is just ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFc4isTDaAk

"'The Paul Giamatti Story' feat Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Paul Giamatti" should net him some kind of comedy award

cluck1000
May 23, 2011

fo'rilla

Anal Volcano posted:

YES! Totally changed Jon Hamm's role in my life.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

nominal posted:

ah ha ha ha holy poo poo that was hilarious. What a perfect way to start the day.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

nominal posted:

"'The Paul Giamatti Story' feat Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Paul Giamatti" should net him some kind of comedy award
Paul Giamatti talking into Reggie Watt's looping machine has the highest concentration of comedy ever packed into 60 seconds.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Strange Matter posted:

Paul Giamatti talking into Reggie Watt's looping machine has the highest concentration of comedy ever packed into 60 seconds.

code:
Hey it's me it's paul giamatti!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
                 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'M IN HELLLLLLLL

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro
Wow, I never heard that. It must be this one? I was laughing so hard right now that I think I just injured my back. Holy crap that, is some funny poo poo.

nominal fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 23, 2011

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
That Ibrain thing was loving hilarious, Did they really hate it enough to ban him or was it like retiring his name from the show? I've only checked this podcast occasionally to listen to Patton Oswalt but I guess I should hunker down and run through some more.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Joust posted:

That Ibrain thing was loving hilarious, Did they really hate it enough to ban him or was it like retiring his name from the show? I've only checked this podcast occasionally to listen to Patton Oswalt but I guess I should hunker down and run through some more.

He's an inappropriate jerk and I'm glad he was banned and never ever came back.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Joust posted:

The most magical line in iBrain is the one comparing Adam's testicles to two crest toothpaste factories.

I listened to Bob Ducca's list of ailments again today and what kills me almost as much as the list itself is Scott and the guests dying in the background as he goes through it. They really did not see it coming and it destroyed them.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

People are seriously upset about it? Seems a bit humourless for a bunch of comedians, doesn't it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

jyrka posted:

People are seriously upset about it? Seems a bit humourless for a bunch of comedians, doesn't it.

Someone doesn't get sarcasm.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Slotducks posted:

Someone doesn't get sarcasm.

The lowest form of wit, isn't it. I'm not worried about it.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Ah, k. I looked through. I just took it at face value since the clip didn't give me anything else to go on. Can't wait to hear more.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Strange Matter posted:

The most magical line in iBrain is the one comparing Adam's testicles to two crest toothpaste factories.

That line is good, but for me it's Lil' Gary chiming in afterwards with, "In the future, will all broccoli be dehydrated?" as it's just weirdly latching on to some dull detail from the first couple minutes, and for some reason that just kills me.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wasn't really trying to be sarcastic. It's just fun to play along with the show.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wasn't really trying to be sarcastic. It's just fun to play along with the show.

It's called "Yes, And."

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Let's face it, "Yes, and" is just the bastard stepchild of "No, but".

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
loving love this show. I could do without most of the songs, but maybe that's just me. Anything involving Paul F. Tompkins is awesome, especially Cake Boss, Ice-T and Andrew Lloyd Webber. I also particularly love it when Huell Howser comes by, too bad about Adomian moving away.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

loving love this show. I could do without most of the songs, but maybe that's just me. Anything involving Paul F. Tompkins is awesome, especially Cake Boss, Ice-T and Andrew Lloyd Webber. I also particularly love it when Huell Howser comes by, too bad about Adomian moving away.

That's Dame Sir Andrew LLoyd-Webber.

I will always love this show for introducing me to Reggie Watts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8WR8gOAOgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBoPuKHI6wA

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 25, 2011

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The best part is just how close the real huell howser is to Adomian's parody. Even the most basic, familiar concept can be a total revelation to Huell.

Here is Huell discovering the concept of a border between countries. And yes, he does distract the border guard enough to allow some dude from Mexico to jet across in full view of the camera, which is funny no matter what your political views may be. PLEASE let's avoid any immigration debate in this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBb2p8GHlnE&t=10s

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 24, 2011

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

I completely agree. I really like the Sklarbro way of just playing 20 or 30 seconds of a song during breaks, but I can see why that doesn't exactly work for comedy songs. I guess that isn't much of an opinion to have but what the hell

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Honestly it's hard to find an improv show as consistently good as this. Even the worst episodes are worth listening to at least once, for the plugs alone.

If you're a fan of Andy Daly and Paul F. Tompkins' performances, don't forget to listen to the Bumbershoot episodes. They're worth it.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 25, 2011

Lesley Appleby
Jul 23, 2005

Wow, that got loud and creepy all of a sudden, didn't it?
They're kinda buried on the "blog" section at the Earwolf site, but Scott's How the Bread is Made articles are worth reading.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Lesley Appleby posted:

They're kinda buried on the "blog" section at the Earwolf site, but Scott's How the Bread is Made articles are worth reading.

These are really funny, thanks for alerting me to their existence. I've always been really fascinated by the 'behind the scenes' stuff in movies and TV and apparently comedy podcasts too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Lesley Appleby posted:

I'm actually surprised people didn't like the Alan Rickman episode. It definitely wasn't James Adomian's strongest performance, but I remember it made me laugh quite a bit.

BTW, you always have the best avatars, caveman.