Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Lesley Appleby posted:

Was it the Dillon whoever dude from the episode with Zach Galifianakis and PFT as Andrew Lloyd Weber? I just re-listened to it recently and had the same reaction.

yeah probably, was he bad at music? if he was bad at music it was him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Flying-Chip posted:

The only song I've liked on CBB was "The Monster gently caress". I could not breathe from laughing so hard.

It was a graveyard gently caress!

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
Todd Barry is my Tig Notaro. I don't think he's funny, but other comedians worship the guy, so it's probably me.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Nadine Hauklund posted:

Todd Barry is my Tig Notaro. I don't think he's funny, but other comedians worship the guy, so it's probably me.

The fact that you're willing to recognize that it's probably you disqualifies him from being your Tig Notaro, pick someone else and hate them irrationally and absolutely or get off pot.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.

caveman thug poo poo posted:

The fact that you're willing to recognize that it's probably you disqualifies him from being your Tig Notaro, pick someone else and hate them irrationally and absolutely or get off pot.

Page three Tig Notargument complete. :hfive:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
you sneaky snake

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Todd Barry is one of my favorite comedians, but I'll readily admit that by and large his stand-up outshines his performances on the conversational podcasts I've heard him on lately. If you go into listening to them with an existing appreciation, though, there's plenty to recognize as funny.

His sense of humor is drier than a lot of people might like, though.

e: It is page 3, isn't it... good one

Ellaybee fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 1, 2011

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Flying-Chip posted:

The only song I've liked on CBB was "The Monster gently caress". I could not breathe from laughing so hard.

While "Monster gently caress" was absolute magic, if you did not enjoy the Hollywood Facts theme song you have no soul.

ClaytonClaw
Dec 9, 2004

I agree about Todd Barry. He and Zach Galifianakis are two comedians I love, but it feels like they think their presence is all that is required on a podcast and that they put no effort into being entertaining.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love Todd Barry's material, but his snorting into the microphone when he laughs has got to stop.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Which episode was "Monster gently caress" in? I remember that it was pretty amazing.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Which episode was "Monster gently caress" in? I remember that it was pretty amazing.

In my opinion the best episode Cyber Thug took over, the last Halloween episode.

ClaytonClaw
Dec 9, 2004

plastered quack posted:

In my opinion the best episode Cyber Thug took over, the last Halloween episode.

That reminds me; I was listening to an old episode (ep 82) a couple of days ago with cyber thug as a guest and he mentioned he was getting his own show on earwolf.

Did anything come out of that? I can't find it on earwolf.com and it didn't sound like a joke.

Also I just checked and that was his last appearance on the show.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

ClaytonClaw posted:

That reminds me; I was listening to an old episode (ep 82) a couple of days ago with cyber thug as a guest and he mentioned he was getting his own show on earwolf.

Did anything come out of that? I can't find it on earwolf.com and it didn't sound like a joke.

Also I just checked and that was his last appearance on the show.

They did 2 episodes (3?), the next one got delayed, and then all Cyberthug podcast mentions disappeared from the Earwolf site. Some random comedy site interviewed Miles Archer, and he suggested that they had a slightly less than amicable disagreement over what rights the Earwolf network would have over him and the podcast.

edit: Found the interview! http://www.opplol.com/milesarcher.html

quote:

Miles Archer: "The show stopped because Earwolf felt they needed us to sign a contract that, we felt, was very limiting as far as what we could profit from the show and any potential future endeavors. Basically, they wanted to keep the overwhelming majority of the advertising revenue that would be generated and have control over any projects that could have spun off from the podcast.

The language in the contract they offered us was a bit contradictory, we felt, and when our lawyers gave them a counter proposal that would have made us equal partners in our ad revenue (after agreeing to let them recoup their initial cost/overhead first) they became uninterested & told us they wouldn't be able to go forward.

The funny thing is, we would've done the show without a contract just based on the personal relationships that everybody involved has had with each other. We would have even continued to do episodes while we continued to negotiate the terms, but that isn't how it worked out. Once it became about making a serious business move, the whole energy of the relationship, for me, became kinda 'Us against Them' and we felt like we got involved with you guys in good faith and now you're offering a contract that we'd be crazy to sign and telling us to 'take it or leave it.'

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 1, 2011

ClaytonClaw
Dec 9, 2004

Oh wow, that's interesting, too bad they took the episodes down.

Although I never found Cyber Thug that funny. But I think Mighty Joe John (the black blonde) is one of the funniest characters on a tv show ever.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Majorian posted:

While "Monster gently caress" was absolute magic, if you did not enjoy the Hollywood Facts theme song you have no soul.

THEN GO WALK IN FRONT OF CHINESE THEATER HOLLYWOOD FACTS TAKE OUT YOUR DICKKKKKK, CHECK OUT THE FACTS ITS THE HOLLYWOOD FACTS (BRO)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

soggybagel posted:

THEN GO WALK IN FRONT OF CHINESE THEATER HOLLYWOOD FACTS TAKE OUT YOUR DICKKKKKK, CHECK OUT THE FACTS ITS THE HOLLYWOOD FACTS (BRO)

I'll occasionally use "take out yo diiiick!" as a declaration of victory when my girlfriend's around. She's on the verge of strangling me.

ClaytonClaw posted:

Although I never found Cyber Thug that funny.

I could never stand to listen to more than a couple minutes of him myself; what's his appeal?

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
Hate all you want but I loved the 2 episodes of Cyber Thug Radio. Especially when they had Jerry O'Conell on reading Ghost Face killer tweets. That and the Raccoon song and the Bullies PSA. I was really bummed that show got dropped.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I also loved the Cyberthug podcasts/CDR takeover shows, so I'm still hoping the character shows up somewhere else. Autistic illuminati trying to recruit Kanye West will never get old.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
If someone could make a compilation of all the jukebox juries and put it on youtube, I would be eternally grateful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Since I'm insomniac today, Nick Kroll, Sarah Silverman, and music from Dan Mangan today! I love all three of those things!

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I don't want to make a whole new thread about them, but Mike Detective and Bob Ducca's Affirmation Nation are both pretty great.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

New Analyze Phish today? Be still, my @twittels podcast loving heart!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

burmart posted:

I don't want to make a whole new thread about them, but Mike Detective and Bob Ducca's Affirmation Nation are both pretty great.

Maybe someone should make an Earwolf thread to cover all their podcasts other than CBB. I'd read it.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
I'm not digging the new trend of having live musical guests.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is it new? I thought it was more occasional. And they don't annoy me at all. Don't add much to the show, but neither do the records.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The first week with Yo La Tengo, did Scott say it was a September-only deal? And presumably, this was recorded before the end of September? Because I agree, I miss the weirdo comedy songs.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SKULE123 posted:

The first week with Yo La Tengo, did Scott say it was a September-only deal? And presumably, this was recorded before the end of September? Because I agree, I miss the weirdo comedy songs.

Definitely. That's how I discovered Garfunkel & Oates: Scott played "Pregnant Women are Smug" during a break, I promptly lost my poo poo and downloaded everything of theirs I could find.

I also discovered Jonathan Coulton through SModcast's opening music (I couldn't hear the lyrics, but the tune was so drat catchy I needed to find out who it was), but hey lookie here, they don't seem to do opening music anymore besides their mc chris track either.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

..and that weird racist song by Burt Bacharach and that "Mulatto" song and that weird "I'm A Happy Boy" song and so many more.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The latest show is loving hilarious. Nick Kroll is someone who I saw live a couple times and didn't totally get, but now several years on I love everything the dude does.

LEAH REMINI!!

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!

soggybagel posted:

The latest show is loving hilarious. Nick Kroll is someone who I saw live a couple times and didn't totally get, but now several years on I love everything the dude does.

LEAH REMINI!!

Nick Kroll is fantastic!! From time to time I listen to last year's Christmas episode with PFT and Nick Kroll because holy poo poo those two together are so much fun!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah Kroll carried that, was great. I can't wait to watch the Lea Remini story starring Sarah Silverman, with Lea Remini as Joan Rivers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bobby B is probably his best character.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

GoutPatrol posted:

you're wrong of course (it's El Chupacabra or Fabrice Fabrice)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

You're all wrong. It's the baby.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

danifestmestny posted:

I'm not digging the new trend of having live musical guests.

100% agree. It's too much of a tonal shift. I fast forward past them, every time. And I LIKE Matthew Sweet. I just think it works against the show, which, at its best, builds absurdity on top of ridiculousness until it literally breaks my mind. Hearing some gently caress whine about peace in the middle is doing my experience no favors.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I usually don't like the musical guests Scottabot has on his shows. But I really enjoyed Dan Mangan. Great voice.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Slotducks posted:

I usually don't like the musical guests Scottabot has on his shows. But I really enjoyed Dan Mangan. Great voice.

I liked everything but his 2nd song. I was listening on headphones and that high pitched poo poo he did was all hosed up and terrible sounding, and it just kept going..

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

GoutPatrol posted:

caveman thug poo poo posted:

you're wrong of course (it's El Chupacabra or Fabrice Fabrice)

RandolphCarter posted:

You're all wrong. It's the baby.

This may be the wrong thread for it, but the correct answer is Randy Moss' Dog.

I hope Analyze Phish becomes a more frequent series. I've never really listened to Phish before this, so it's really fun to listen to Scott say exactly what I'm thinking about most of the songs. "C'mon Phish, you can't just keep writing songs about what's directly in front of you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Maduo posted:

I hope Analyze Phish becomes a more frequent series. I've never really listened to Phish before this, so it's really fun to listen to Scott say exactly what I'm thinking about most of the songs. "C'mon Phish, you can't just keep writing songs about what's directly in front of you."

Analyze Phish might be my favorite non-CBB earwolf podcast. The sheer desperation in Harris's voice at the end of each episode is delicious, and I think the series will end not with Mott Skaukerman liking Phish, but Harris abandoning his favorite band. The more Scott presses him to justify his love for their music, the harder it is for him to come up with a good reason.