Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayBulworth
Apr 1, 2010
Man, the Joey Diaz storytime segments are incredible. Has anyone listened to his podcast? Is it anything like how he is on the Joe Rogan Experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
Yea Beauty and the Beast is okay. I think its recorded really quiet or something. Cause Joey will start yelling and my eardrums blow out.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

I just listened to ep #147 with Duncan Trussel and for once I agreed with Redban, Joe and Duncan like to pretend they are super deep but you can tell that they haven't even been to a philosophy 101 class. Get on some Plato and Aristoteles, bitches.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Flying-Chip posted:

I just listened to ep #147 with Duncan Trussel and for once I agreed with Redban, Joe and Duncan like to pretend they are super deep but you can tell that they haven't even been to a philosophy 101 class. Get on some Plato and Aristoteles, bitches.

I agree and I loved when in the next episode Redban asked questions like "What if when you sneeze, you're meant to touch a pyramid?"

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
"what are trans-fats anyway?"
"fats with dicks"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Ferocious podcast with @duncantrussell at 3:30 pacific today!! WOOT!!

gently caress yeaaaaaaah

Joe and Duncan recently went to Europe for some UFC/Stand up gig so this should be good

I'm not one to bitch about plugs and poo poo on podcasts, but for the last couple weeks Joe shilling for Alpha Brain sounds so desperate

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 11, 2011

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah motherfucker

We're going DEEP, son

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

-Atom- posted:

I'm not one to bitch about plugs and poo poo on podcasts, but for the last couple weeks Joe shilling for Alpha Brain sounds so desperate

I actually prefer his shilling to the ones on other podcasts. Adam Carolla might be my favorite person to listen to of all time, but I actually can't listen to his podcast because his promos are so loving horrible. He'll be talking to some interesting guest and right in the middle of their discussion he'll casually lead in to "Oh, you were in a movie last year? You know what else is good news? Gotomypc.com is having a half-off sale! So go download their app right now! You can access your work pc from home and-". I seriously didn't think I had a problem with this kind of stuff, but it makes me cringe. Rogan gets his out of the way at the beginning and end where you can skip them easily, and the only time he discusses them at all is if someone else brings them up, and if he doesn't truly believe in brain pills and rubber vaginas, he's the best actor I've ever heard, because he talks about them with the exact same intensity and passion he uses when he talks shop with a UFC pro or about the newest season of Fear Factor.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Tom Segura is the coolest dude on the planet and YOUR MOMS HOUSE is hilarious.

widunder
May 2, 2002
I've been taking those pills for a few days without results now so hey, as he said, you can't argue with their money back policy.

MC_
Sep 11, 2003

Advice posted:

I actually prefer his shilling to the ones on other podcasts. Adam Carolla might be my favorite person to listen to of all time, but I actually can't listen to his podcast because his promos are so loving horrible. He'll be talking to some interesting guest and right in the middle of their discussion he'll casually lead in to "Oh, you were in a movie last year? You know what else is good news? Gotomypc.com is having a half-off sale! So go download their app right now! You can access your work pc from home and-". I seriously didn't think I had a problem with this kind of stuff, but it makes me cringe. Rogan gets his out of the way at the beginning and end where you can skip them easily, and the only time he discusses them at all is if someone else brings them up, and if he doesn't truly believe in brain pills and rubber vaginas, he's the best actor I've ever heard, because he talks about them with the exact same intensity and passion he uses when he talks shop with a UFC pro or about the newest season of Fear Factor.
I tend to agree with you about Carolla's ads being pretty annoying, but in the latest podcast Rogan goes for 15 minutes of fleshlight/alpha brain poo poo before the show even starts.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

MC_ posted:

I tend to agree with you about Carolla's ads being pretty annoying, but in the latest podcast Rogan goes for 15 minutes of fleshlight/alpha brain poo poo before the show even starts.

At least it's entertaining

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

CortezFantastic posted:

At least it's entertaining

The way I see it is, Carolla's is like those kids who do class presentations with their heads down reading every word with no intonation or real character behind it while Joe is just winging it and doesn't mind too much when hitting weird tangents.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't really mind stuff with Joe cause I've never once felt like he was being dishonest about anything. That's kind of what I like the most about his podcast. He has a lot of stupid, uninformed opinions about stuff but the fact that he knows this and points it out and isn't all ego, ego, ego is actually endearing.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
Joe can be a dumb bro, but he is the coolest and nicest bro ever. He's basically Good Guy Greg.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I knew little about Rogan until like a month ago but I've been following the podcast and it's fun.

The bit where Diaz trolls the poo poo out of Joe about 'that lovely Susquehanna weed' is the funniest god drat thing.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I've been backed up on Joe Rogan episodes because I had to catch up on Adam Carolla and Marc Maron ones. So the following I haven't listened to:

#156 Duncan
#154 Sam
#152 Redban
#150 Bryan
#147 Duncan

Can someone tell me which of these are the best? I'd like to listen to those first.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

They're usually all the same, aren't they.

Dash Nine
Jun 20, 2003

Rawk.

codyclarke posted:

I've been backed up on Joe Rogan episodes because I had to catch up on Adam Carolla and Marc Maron ones. So the following I haven't listened to:

#156 Duncan
#154 Sam
#152 Redban
#150 Bryan
#147 Duncan

Can someone tell me which of these are the best? I'd like to listen to those first.

Both of the Duncans and Bryan Callen was good. Haven't finished the last Sam Tripoli..

snoozeallday
Sep 9, 2010

tell him all your problems . . . he's fucking awesome with listening
I try to listen to almost every single one, but thats a lot of podcastin.

Can't get enough, though. I'm not huge into MMA but NO ONE describes a fighter and his style/techniques like Joe Rogan.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

codyclarke posted:

#156 Duncan
#154 Sam
#152 Redban
#150 Bryan
#147 Duncan

bryan callen

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

Flying-Chip posted:

Well, they are usually pretty stoned

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Joe really needs to get Dan Harmon on the podcast. He was just on The Indoor Kids (link) and he sounded like basically a perfect fit. There was a lot of time spent on one of Joe's favorite topics even (the singularity)!

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and I remember Rogan talked about it a couple of times. One time in particular he went in depth about the plot and his concerns with it. Does anyone know which podcast this was?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

in one hour super stoner @dougbenson joins us on the podcast for THC inspired shenanigans. Join us!

Really excited for this it has been way too long since Doug was on with Rogan

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Anyone listened to the 'Ice House Chronicles' that they've just started doing? Joey is on form throughout. Hilarious.

http://vimeo.com/32133353
Guests - Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz, Felisha Michales, Christina Pazsitzky, Sam Tripoli, Brody Stevens, Veronica Ricci, Brian Redban

widunder
May 2, 2002
Everytime Rogan chuckles when the Nick Diaz soundbite plays in the intro is loving adorable

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The best part of that is the awkward pause and then the last "... All day!!!", like he was even considering not saying the last part cause it kind of doesn't make much sense.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
he just punched a guy 10000 times in 10 minutes, so i can forgive the weird line. diaz never die

bonus edit: I didn't know he was on a cycling team, sponsored by a vineyard. Rare pic of smiling nick, too http://www.deltavelo.com/nick_diaz/

almost looks classy

Demie fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 19, 2011

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Demie posted:

he just punched a guy 10000 times in 10 minutes, so i can forgive the weird line. diaz never die

bonus edit: I didn't know he was on a cycling team, sponsored by a vineyard. Rare pic of smiling nick, too http://www.deltavelo.com/nick_diaz/

almost looks classy

He runs triathlons and marathons too. He's got cardio for days.

Which is why he's good at rabbit punching the poo poo out of someone 1000 times in a row.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
these icehouse ones are pretty good but 4 hours holy gently caress

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

denizen posted:

these icehouse ones are pretty good but 4 hours holy gently caress

Jayden James sitting there saying maybe 5 sentences was pretty awkward

Loved Joey Diaz complementing Bill Burr though

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
rogans joey diaz impression is funny as hell

aaha this jayden chick not knowing who bill burr is. thats the funniest poo poo i've ever heard. "bill what do you do for a living?"

edit: if people dont want to watch the whole thing its at 1hr37m

http://vimeo.com/32646684

denizen fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 27, 2011

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

denizen posted:

rogans joey diaz impression is funny as hell

aaha this jayden chick not knowing who bill burr is. thats the funniest poo poo i've ever heard. "bill what do you do for a living?"

edit: if people dont want to watch the whole thing its at 1hr37m

http://vimeo.com/32646684

The way that he says "Joe Rogan" or "Brian Redman" in his Joey Diaz voice is completely spot on and always makes me laugh my bag off

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Powerful @bertkreischer returns to the podcast today at 4pm pacific! #PRAISEODIN

My day just went from good to great.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

The way that he says "Joe Rogan" or "Brian Redman" in his Joey Diaz voice is completely spot on and always makes me laugh my bag off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy1zeA9RMWs :)

Also hooray for Bert Kreischer

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Bert has been on for maybe 15 minutes and he's told three incredible stories already.

What a life this guy has had.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
So if they've done the live podcast and i missed it but havent posted it to joerogan.net yet, there's no way for me to track it down?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

denizen posted:

So if they've done the live podcast and i missed it but havent posted it to joerogan.net yet, there's no way for me to track it down?
You should be able to watch the ustream as soon as they're done. Regardless, the mp3 is usually posted within a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I have never heard anyone speak about PC viruses as much as Joe Rogan.