Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Hahaha only 2 minutes into last nights show and Bert is already telling a pants making GBS threads story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

jyrka posted:

I have never heard anyone speak about PC viruses as much as Joe Rogan.

Could you imagine the amount of shady rear end links those two click per minute?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Bunk Rogers posted:

Could you imagine the amount of shady rear end links those two click per minute?

Especially Brian with the way he searches.

But seriously I've used PCs my entire life and have never gotten a virus browsing the internet. The way he talks, you get one every single time you connect to the internet. But there are no viruses for Macs!

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

jyrka posted:

I have never heard anyone speak about PC viruses as much as Joe Rogan.

Or Quake post 1998.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The latest episode with Bert is absolutely my new favorite episode. I couldn't hold back my laughter in the lunch room at work today when the whole Limey thing happened.

I lost it when Bert just screams out "WE SHOULD REPLY TO HIM!" in his super excited voice. loving hilarious.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Mcqueen posted:

Or Quake post 1998.

Hey I still play quake3 (quake live now) :colbert:

I don't talk about it though.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Combo posted:

Especially Brian with the way he searches.

But seriously I've used PCs my entire life and have never gotten a virus browsing the internet. The way he talks, you get one every single time you connect to the internet. But there are no viruses for Macs!
I have to admit, I considered myself pretty savvy and I got tricked once. Was on a roommate's laptop and a prompt to update Adobe (or so I thought) popped up. I got her a pretty nasty piece of malware that was really popular last year or so.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Advice posted:

I have to admit, I considered myself pretty savvy and I got tricked once. Was on a roommate's laptop and a prompt to update Adobe (or so I thought) popped up. I got her a pretty nasty piece of malware that was really popular last year or so.

Yeah but even still...that's once, and it happens sometimes. It doesn't mean it can't happen on a mac, and it also doesn't mean that it happens every time you to go a website on a PC.

If you have a firewall set up, NoScript/Adblock, and an antivirus then I'd say for the most part you're going to be fine. Stuff can absolutely still happen, obviously, but its not really that hard.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Holy poo poo Doug Stanhope AND Joey Diaz on tomorrow?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

toggle posted:

Holy poo poo Doug Stanhope AND Joey Diaz on tomorrow?

Yeah, this is one to not miss.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Slotducks posted:

He runs triathlons and marathons too. He's got cardio for days.

Which is why he's good at rabbit punching the poo poo out of someone 1000 times in a row.

Rabbit punching doesn't mean what you think it means.

widunder
May 2, 2002
That Italian dude was pretty cool.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

nemoulette posted:

Ya for someone who just lost his wife he seemed pretty upbeat. I'd love to hear him on more often. Now if only Duncan would be the sidekick instead of Redban it would be the greatest show ever.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

nemoulette posted:

Sounded like he was talking to GSP.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
He sounded kind of like the bear from the Cleveland show

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
joe could definitely use more legit science/whatever guests like Daniele Bolelli. That was easily one of the more interesting episodes and they didn't go deep into the loony bin like they did with Tsoukalos or like they always do with Duncan

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mcqueen posted:

Ya for someone who just lost his wife he seemed pretty upbeat. I'd love to hear him on more often. Now if only Duncan would be the sidekick instead of Redban it would be the greatest show ever.

Duncan has an actual career so that wouldn't be possible

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Droopy Goines posted:

Rabbit punching doesn't mean what you think it means.

You're right!

I thought it was a series of light, fast punches!

I was wrong!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Stanhope appears to be wearing an airline pilots jacket.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stanhope shrooming live via ustream.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Evidently Coco got pissed at the change jar thing and walked after an hour, and Doug got really gothed out and depressing? Roganboard been hatin' on it some. :( I only caught the first 30 mins and it was kind of weird.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
its funny because he mentioned his missing change and joey said he didn't take the change jar. GUILTY

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
To be fair, he did supposedly take a good amount of mushrooms and was just acting pretty accordingly.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I really liked how Doug sorta called out Joe's constant stoner talk as being exactly that. It was just refreshing to get someone to take the other angle then just jump on board with him.

Also Stanhope saying his full mailing address and Rogan's wives name was pretty hilarious.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I really liked how Doug sorta called out Joe's constant stoner talk as being exactly that. It was just refreshing to get someone to take the other angle then just jump on board with him.

Also Stanhope saying his full mailing address and Rogan's wives name was pretty hilarious.

Did joe already talk about Patrice O'Neal on another podcast? I'm 2.5 hrs into the Doug Stanhope podcast and they haven't mention Patrice once, even though they've already covered some other Opie and Anthony poo poo.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Somewhere in the first 30 min of the Daniele Bolelli one.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Biggie Shorty posted:

Did joe already talk about Patrice O'Neal on another podcast? I'm 2.5 hrs into the Doug Stanhope podcast and they haven't mention Patrice once, even though they've already covered some other Opie and Anthony poo poo.

He did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i58Tef4mPo

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
Thanks. I was so eager to hear Doug Stanhope that I skipped right over that one.

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

I have a feeling nobody really likes Bert as much as they act like they do.

Got a bitch giggle on him too.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kabz posted:

I have a feeling nobody really likes Bert as much as they act like they do.

Got a bitch giggle on him too.

I couldn't disagree more.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

-Atom- posted:

I couldn't disagree more.
Yeah, I can tell Rogan genuinely likes him a lot. From watching the video podcasts, it's pretty easy to tell who Rogan really likes and doesn't like so much, just by the way he looks at them. Watch the looks he gives people like Hal Sparks or Neal Brennan, compared to Bert, Tom Segura, Freddy Lockhart, etc. He also tends to be really contrarian with people who don't smoke weed with him before the podcast.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Biggie Shorty posted:

Thanks. I was so eager to hear Doug Stanhope that I skipped right over that one.

I love hearing Stanhope, but I always get all :smith: afterwards

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the ep with the Bolelli dude any good? I missed it and skipped right over to Stanhope.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It's fine but it's mostly just Joe talking and Bolelli going "uh-huh yeah yup yup yup."

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

jyrka posted:

It's fine but it's mostly just Joe talking and Bolelli going "uh-huh yeah yup yup yup."

This could be half of Joes guests.

Hubcap Hal
Jun 20, 2003

The best part of the most recent show is when Joe gets up to piss, and Doug asks Redban if Joe still hates/dislikes women. Redban going uhhhh,eeehhh doesn't realy help Joe's case at all.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah. As much as I want to respect and understand his keeping his wife a secret, that does creep me out so much that he never, ever mentions her or talks about her ever.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I thought it was because Mrs. Rogan didn't want to be mentioned. She probably doesn't want thousands of people knowing the details of her life.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I thought it was because Mrs. Rogan didn't want to be mentioned. She probably doesn't want thousands of people knowing the details of her life.

Which is fair enough I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
:v:: A woman wants to be in power? She wants to make decisions? Come on, that's not right.

Rogans woman-hating is probably my biggest peeve with the show.