Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Do you have a USB microphone, a Macbook, and the audacity to think that people want to hear what you have to say? Here's your chance.

This thread is for two kinds of people:

1). Those of you who make podcasts of your own, and would like to tell the RGD community about them.

2). Those of you who are interested in finding podcasts created by fellow goons.

There are already some great resources for this, including the Gooncasts Wiki, and the "Who else podcasts?" thread in Creative Convention. This is a supplement to those sites.

Here, you can tell us about your show, notify us when new episodes are available, and have discussions about podcasting and getting the word out. Any kind of show can live here: Comedy, informational, gaming, etc.

When you're telling us about the show you make, please provide the following information:

The show's name
The show's website URL
iTunes URL or RSS URL
The show's genre
Release schedule (weekly? monthly?)
A brief description of what your show's all about

Here are some general rules:
1). Don't Be an rear end in a top hat: Criticism is often desperately needed, but there's a wrong way to go about it. Don't be antagonistic. Instead, be as constructive as possible.
2). Please have content for your posts: This is a place where you can say "Hey, the new episode is up!," but please use those posts to facilitate discussion. Say what topics you're covering, or how you think the episode stacks up to others that you've made.

There may be more guidelines later, as need arises.

:siren:THE GRAND DIRECTORY:siren:
How to use The Grand Directory: Goon shows are organized alphabetically by category. Click on the show's name to be whisked to the appropriate post for more details. If you take issue with the genre that your show is listed in, let me know. If you need to change anything about your listing, let me know.

Comedy
The Al, Rock, and Kris Show!: Site | iTunes | RSS
Alcohollywood: Site | iTunes | RSS
Brittany and Meredith, Live!: Site | iTunes | RSS
Dead Idea Valhalla: Site | iTunes | RSS
Lou Reads the Internet for YOU!: Site | iTunes | RSS
Love Perth / Hate Perth: Site | iTunes | RSS
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Site | iTunes | RSS
Talk About the Weather: Site | iTunes | RSS
Think Stuff: Site | iTunes | RSS
Those drat Ross Kids: Site | iTunes | RSS
Tipping Forties Podcast: Site

Culture and Tech
Dead Mics Podcast: Site | RSS
Saltklypa (Norwegian Language): Site | iTunes | RSS

Fine Arts (Film and Literature)
Can't Stop the Podcast: Site | iTunes
The Infernal Brains Podcast: Site | iTunes | RSS
The Library Police: Site | iTunes | RSS
That's Pure Entertainment: Site | RSS

General Entertainment
Anime World Order: Site | iTunes | RSS
Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers: Site
Smart Wrestling Fan: Site | iTunes | RSS

Lifestyle
The Annie Fox Show: Site | iTunes | RSS
Beating it With Vainglory: iTunes | RSS

Video Games
Rad Crew (Norwegian Language): Site | iTunes | RSS
Stand Under the Don't Tree and Riddle Me This: Site | iTunes | RSS
Watch Out for Fireballs!: Site | iTunes | RSS

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Here are my shows.

Those drat Ross Kids
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Comedy
Released: Weekly, Tuesdays
Goon: Song For the Deaf
Description: Two brothers talk about weird news stories and the frustrating alienation of being in your 20's in modern day America.

Stand Under the Don't Tree and Riddle Me This
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Video Games
Released: Weekly, Fridays
Goon: Song for the Deaf
Description: A weekly video game discussion podcast about video game news and, of course, what we've been playing. Notable since none of us have industry connections.

Watch Out for Fireballs!
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Retro Games
Released: Every other Thursday
Goon: The Capm, Song for the Deaf
Description: A joint venture between two goons, this is a twice-monthly retro games club podcast. Each show, we pick one game, play through it, and offer our thoughts on it. There's a strong listener participation component to the show, with the best commenter winning a copy of the next show's game.

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 25, 2011

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
I have a podcast!
That's Pure Entertainment
RSS: http://www.thatspureentertainment.com/feed/podcast/
Off beat cinema reviews and general rear end-hattery.
Release schedule: Ideally bi-weekly.
Fellow podcaster Tim and myself watch a lot of odd films. Films that never really found an audience but maybe deserved to. We pitch these films to our friend Danny who has tremendously poor taste and judgment in movies as a way to bring these films some attention as well as raise him out of the quagmire of things like The Postman and Catwoman. Is this something you want to hear? We're banking on 'maybe'!

Special note: We lost the first two episodes we recorded and instead threw together a slapdash 15 minute episode as the new first episode. Things get [better/worse] from there.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers
http://www.curtainjerkers.com/
Feed
iTunes
Wrestling talk
Weekly, Saturday night/Sunday morning

Primarly about the week in wrestling, it can go off-topic a lot. I go under the handle of rear end Dan, so look for episodes with that name under it to hear me talk, poorly. I haven't been on in a few weeks due to scheduling, but I plan to appear this Saturday. WARNING: We're talking Show Me Your News-levels of length.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 27, 2013

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Dead Idea Valhalla

https://www.deadideavalhalla.com
https://www.deadideavalhalla.com/rss.xml
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dead-idea-valhalla-podcast/id409671309
Comedy/Music/Opinion/Story Telling
Weekly on Sundays, with infrequent skip weeks

Dead Idea Valhalla is a show about me, Gary Butterfield. Most episodes have 3 parts, an intro part that contains some sort of rant or storytelling, a song from one of my many musical projects, and a sketch or skit. I sometimes have co conspirators and play with the format. My sense of humor, music or opinions aren't for everyone, but a goodly number of people seem to like it.

I'm also involved with Duckfeed.tv's Watch Out For Fireballs!

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

The Library Police
Website: http://www.librarypolice.net and http://www.clydeumney.net/librarypolice (archives hosted here)
RSS: http://librarypolice.libsyn.com/rss
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=399204716
Genre: Reading, writing, literature, and other book-nerd type stuff
Release schedule: Weekly, typically Wednesdays or Thursdays

Description: A close friend of mine and I have been doing this for about a year; we talk about what we're reading these days, and then launch into discussions of everything from YA fiction to maintaining suspense in a multi-book series and beyond. Lately we've been getting to do some major author interviews, including Joe Lansdale and John Connolly. We have a pretty good sense of humor, but as much as anything, this is book nerds talking about books of all kinds.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

ClydeUmney posted:

The Library Police
Website: http://www.librarypolice.net and http://www.clydeumney.net/librarypolice (archives hosted here)
RSS: http://librarypolice.libsyn.com/rss
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=399204716
Genre: Reading, writing, literature, and other book-nerd type stuff
Release schedule: Weekly, typically Wednesdays or Thursdays

Description: A close friend of mine and I have been doing this for about a year; we talk about what we're reading these days, and then launch into discussions of everything from YA fiction to maintaining suspense in a multi-book series and beyond. Lately we've been getting to do some major author interviews, including Joe Lansdale and John Connolly. We have a pretty good sense of humor, but as much as anything, this is book nerds talking about books of all kinds.

Sir, I am sold and I'm willing to give it a shot. If I like it, then I will listen to it more.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

screenwritersblues posted:

Sir, I am sold and I'm willing to give it a shot. If I like it, then I will listen to it more.

Thanks so much! One way or the other, please give me your honest feedback - it's one reason I'm eager to share it here so people can tell me if we suck or not.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Hi, my names Lou. And tonight I'm going to read the internet for you on my podcast
Lou Reads the Internet for YOU!

Description:
Basically I started this podcast 2 years ago. Every two weeks I go to forums around the internet that "normal people" wouldn't normally go to (including SA) and find interesting threads and read from them so you don’t have to. I've read a lot of terrible stuff all for the enjoyment of the internet. Topics include adult babies, bestiality, craigslist, cuckolding, how to be a successful junkie and more over 78 Episodes and climbing. I've also been a guest on The Flop House, The Comedy Nerds & F-Plus podcasts.

Genre: Comedy, Internet Studies, Personal Limits Testing

Here is the
iTunes Link
Facebook Link
RSS Feed
Stitcher Link
Zune Store...thing

You can read what people have been saying about the podcast on iTunes or on the Praise for Lou Reads Page.

I just did a live version of the podcast, too. It was fun and there is video of the event on the blog.

If you do listen and enjoy it please rate/upvote/digg or whatever is the way to rate a show where you get it. Thanks for listening. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

Vainglory
Apr 15, 2010

Goonies Never Eat Pie
Hey! I'm Vainglory and I podcast about weight loss and fitness. Or at least that's the idea. I end up talking about random poo poo most of the time.

Purpose:

I've been on a weight loss journey for a year and a half and I've lost 248 pounds so far, and still going. For me, the podcast is an extra bit of accountability. For you, it might be inspiration -- hopefully.

Name: Beating It with Vainglory
Genre: Weight Loss, Fitness, Self Improvement

Podcast Feed: Here
Add to iTunes: Here

Schedule: One show a week on Fridays.

Vainglory fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 23, 2011

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
deleted.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 29, 2017

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

There's some really interesting looking stuff showing up here, and I'll definitely check your shows out.

After we get off the first couple of pages, I'll list the shows by genre in the second post of the thread. That way any lookie-lous (Not you, Lou) won't have to comb through the thread for info.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
I have a show but it's in Norwegian so only suitable for scandinavian listeners! But there are quite a few of those on the forums so here goes.

Name of show: Rad Crew
RSS: http://www.radcrew.net/feed/podcast
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/no/podcast/rad-crew/id415698006?l=nb
Type of show: Nostalgia, video games, pop culture. We also have relevant guests such as independent game devs, media people, etc.

Release schedule: Weekly since January, haven't missed a week!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The one-year anniversary episode of Those drat Ross Kids was just made available. I think it's worth checking out, but I'm biased.

http://www.duckfeed.tv/tdrk/45/

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I plan to check all of these out over time, uh except may the Norwegian one. First stop was Lou Reads. Funny stuff, you have great radio voice, I mean really good. Funny stuff as well, probably not the sort of thing I'd listen to every episode, more dipping in and out when I'm in the mood and I think a topic has good comedy potential. I'll keep the subscription either way.

mcsnitches
Oct 26, 2010
Dead Mics Podcast (Possibly changing to Dead Mics TV)

Website
RSS
Facebook
Youtube

Style: Chat about the latest going on technology, social media, video games, taboos, and things that piss us off. We do our best to piss each other off and rip on people we know. We orignially formatted it to be a podcast however due to a wild series of events we ended up doing it mainly as a Vidcast. We suck, we know. But we have fun with it.

Schedule: Every Wednesday/Thursday

mcsnitches
Oct 26, 2010
We've been making improvements here and there. I think this has been our best yet ;)

Episode 8 Blog Post

Video version

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Another long-rear end wrestling show for this thread!

Smart Wrestling Fan
iTunes | Podbean
Genre: "Sports"/Entertainment/Comedy
Released: Weekly, Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings
Goon: dshban
Description: What I believe was the first wrestling podcast on iTunes, and what remains as the most popular independent one. Joe Negron was an original host but when the other one departed, he looked for hosting help and I, as a listener with a funny accent, stepped in. Now we have 4 rotating co-hosts (as we added two other great listeners) who go through the week in wrestling and do stupid things like sing songs about the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide and read horrible wrestling fan fiction. It's pretty fun!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Tipping Forties Podcast
RSS (iTunes coming soonish)
Genre: Comedy
Released: Weekly, Sundays
Goons: Kuvo, topikal, Marvelis, bandunk
Description: Comedy themed discussions/rants about whatever currently has our attention, be it politics, technology, sports, cinema, etc. Show topics change, but general follow the following formula...

-into
-listener emails/voice mails
-Beer-of-the-week (a returning segment wherein we discuss a chosen beer)
-two or three 10ish minute segments on whatever
-Top 3 Movies (a returning segment where we discuss this weeks box office releases and make predictions on their revenue for the upcoming week. )
-Top 5 Assholes (a returning segment where we discuss "assholes" in the news)

If you're interested, our site also contains our Let's Plays, which are just like the podcast but with videogames instead!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
The Annie Fox Show
http://www.anniefoxshow.com
iTunes - RSS
Life stories, vegan tips/recipes.
New episodes every week.
This is my mom's podcast. She's been vegan for 35 years, and her cooking is the best I've ever tasted. She also has lived a really crazy life, and has tons of stories. You probably won't like this blog if you're not interested in vegetarian/vegan cooking, but if you do, check it out!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Infernal Brains podcast
iTunes - RSS
Type of show: movie podcast discussing obscure cult films from around the world
Release schedule: about every month or so, depending on when we're both free
A joint podcast between my site and Die, Danger, Die Die Kill, as both of us are fans of obscure crazy cult cinema from every country under the sun. Be prepared to hear about movies you never knew you needed to spend months tracking down to watch. Our latest episode is about the worst thing we've seen, but we've also discussed Thai superhero films, Taiwanese giant monster films, and kung fu actress Polly Shang Kuan. I even make slideshow videos for the people who don't like downloading mp3s.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Can't Stop the Podcast
Site Category Listing | iTunes

A weekly podcast about movies (and sometimes television) for my blog, always starting with news and then moving onto a general topic. Me and three friends do it, and sometimes it's a lot of fun. Our last 'cast was talking about They Live and next week we're going to hit Dead/Alive.

Tars Tarkas posted:

I listen to this, it's fun.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Anime World Order
iTunes - RSS
Genre: We talk about Japanese cartoons+comics, plus conventions and such. We do some interviews. Occasionally we have guests. That's it. Invite us on your show if you want to hear us talk gaming, movies, wrestling, etc.
Schedule: It's supposed to be weekly. It's never been that. Monthly? Maybe? There is no real release schedule or set show length.

Were it not for the SA forums, AWO wouldn't be where it is today. ADTRW members helped spread the word when we first started in 2005 and provided our hosting gratis even once we ate up way too much bandwidth. We (or people we've conscripted) have written many of the anime reviews for Otaku USA Magazine. And for what it's worth, we won the Parsec Award for Best Anime Podcast before they ditched that category once and for all.

Look. We know. A lot of anime is just goddamned terrible. A lot of people used to watch anime and now don't because finding something enjoyable is too much hassle. Or maybe they still DO watch anime but don't want to publicly admit to genuinely enjoying it. Do you want to hear about cartoons that are good (or entertainingly awful) without hearing so much of that meme-heavy, ADD, creepy sex stuff? Then give us a shot. We've been fans for about 20 years, so our recommendations are a bit different than what you'll find in most non-ADTRW corners of the Internet. ADTRW, by the way, is pretty loving great these days; I don't really post much now since people there know what's what.

EDIT ALMOST TEN YEARS TO THE DAY LATER: we've also started dipping our toes into YouTube, but so far there's not original content produced for the platform. Just some of our more recent reviews with occasional visual accompaniment:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AnimeWorldOrderPodcast

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 6, 2021

Denture Warrior
Apr 28, 2003

Let's get dangerous!
Hey I too make a Norwegian podcast! :norway:
Yeah it is in Norwegian so you non-scandinavians will probably not get much out of it.

Saltklypa ("A Pinch of Salt")
iTunes * RSS
Genre: Critical thinking, science, medicine, scepticism, the media, conspiracy theories, quacks, all that jazz. Norwegian angle on these things.
Schedule: Weekly (Up to recently, biweekly. Now we're ramping up the frequency)

Description: Myself and five cohosts talk about what's been going on in the world of science, medicine, critical thinking, and simply interesting things and people. Very often we have an interview to go in-depth. They include doctors, psychologists, comedians, physicists, and famous science bloggers. These are often in English.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Denture Warrior posted:

Hey I too make a Norwegian podcast! :norway:
Yeah it is in Norwegian so you non-scandinavians will probably not get much out of it.

Saltklypa ("A Pinch of Salt")
iTunes * RSS
Genre: Critical thinking, science, medicine, scepticism, the media, conspiracy theories, quacks, all that jazz. Norwegian angle on these things.
Schedule: Weekly (Up to recently, biweekly. Now we're ramping up the frequency)

Description: Myself and five cohosts talk about what's been going on in the world of science, medicine, critical thinking, and simply interesting things and people. Very often we have an interview to go in-depth. They include doctors, psychologists, comedians, physicists, and famous science bloggers. These are often in English.

I'll check out yours if you check out mine :)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Daryl Surat posted:

Anime World Order

Literally the only anime podcast of any worth, also Daryl Surat scares me because his taste and opinions on animation are too much like my own.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Talk About the Weather
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Comedy, Chat, Facts
Released: Weekly, Fridays
Goons: TVsBenBaker, Fil5000

Description: A show in which people talk about pretty much anything but the weather. Unless some light showers in the Norwich region put out a funk single in 1973. Or some red isobars directed an obscure comedy film starring Steve Martin, Tom Baker, Donkey Kong and some sleet. Predominantly obsessed with the world of entertainment, an average episode might feature anything from the worlds of TV, music, film, books, the web, radio, video games and kissing beagles in church parking lots. Um...you should probably just ignore that last one...

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

Zorak posted:

Literally the only anime podcast of any worth, also Daryl Surat scares me because his taste and opinions on animation are too much like my own.

Daryl Surat scares ME because of all those disgusting things he swore me to secrecy over. Also:

quote:

iTunes - RSS
Type of show: movie podcast discussing obscure cult films from around the world
Release schedule: about every month or so, depending on when we're both free
A joint podcast between my site and Die, Danger, Die Die Kill, as both of us are fans of obscure crazy cult cinema from every country under the sun. Be prepared to hear about movies you never knew you needed to spend months tracking down to watch. Our latest episode is about the worst thing we've seen, but we've also discussed Thai superhero films, Taiwanese giant monster films, and kung fu actress Polly Shang Kuan. I even make slideshow videos for the people who don't like downloading mp3s.

We should be friends.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

My network, Duckfeed.tv, surpassed 1000 downloads in the past month (across all of my shows). I know these numbers are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but that's a big milestone for me.

Podtrac.com is a pretty good resource for numbers tracking, and its interface isn't an abortion (unlike Feedburner and Blubrry).

mcsnitches
Oct 26, 2010
http://bit.ly/qF1dNG

Latest Dead Mics episode. Probably our best one yet. We could receive many feminist boycotts and or a defamation case from a personal friend.

MrC
Jan 15, 2001

As Seen in Print!
Brittany and Meredith, Live!
iTunes|RSS
Released: Mondays

I've been producing this podcast for about a month now. Hosted by a pair of hilarious ladies, who blog here and here. I wouldn't say it's goon oriented (it's more of a Bridesmaids type of vibe), but I think it's pretty hilarious for what they do. We've been streaming it on UStream.tv as well, Mondays at 7:30p.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
We're only just starting out so would really appreciate some feedback from non-friends and non-Aussies.

Love Perth | Hate Perth
iTunes | RSS

Comedy/news. Released weekly.

Love Perth, Hate Perth is a manifestation of a small group of friends (goons) living in the the most isolated city in Australia. This is a portal into their world as they experience all the wonders and horrors that Perth has to offer.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Comedy, discussion
Released: Thursdays

Once a week we answer that old chestnut, "Which is better, x or y?" Also a chestnut appreciation podcast.

Basically it's me and two friends discussing the pros and cons of numerous "Ninjas vs. Pirates"-type questions and attempting to reach a conclusion. For example, in the first episode we argue: waffles vs. pancakes, zombie apocalypse vs. ice age, sandals and socks vs. crocs, hitting your first born with a golf club (but getting a hole in one) vs. putting your grandma in a snow globe full of peanut butter and shaking her up, and "Wookie Life Day" vs. leather pants.

We're also looking to have a listener interaction aspect to the show, so if you have any good match-ups, email them to ninjasvspodcast@gmail.com

Pious Pete fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 19, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Alcohollywood
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Comedy, Discussion, Film & TV Reviews
Released: Weekly (~Wednesdays)

A new podcast from myself and a couple friends of mine, the general premise being to talk about/make fun of films through the framework of creative drinking rules. Each week, we take a new movie, design or use an existing cocktail for each film, and establish three rules and a "finish your drink" line. Those guidelines are then a springboard from which to talk about the movie. It's meant to be half 'Siskel and Ebert with drinks,' half 'party game instruction manual.' There will also be abridged Youtube versions of the episodes, focusing mostly on supercuts of footage from the movie in question.

Please let me know what you think; the format is really rough, and as of this posting there is just the first episode up. We've got some tweaking we're going to do (e.g. substantially improving sound levels, inserting nonlicensed intro/outro music, using audio from the films), but hoping that it turns out all right.

We hope to mostly work from movies suggested by listeners, which you can do by commenting on the Podbean site for the show, or by emailing contact.alcohollywood@gmail.com.

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 20, 2011

Salty Whiskey
Apr 20, 2011

tbh fam
Think Stuff
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Discussion, Entertainment, News, Tangential nonsense.
Released: Every weekend

Think Stuff podcast has been running in some (terrible) form or other for about 6 months or so, but we relaunched a little over 2 months ago, when we decided we'd learnt from the worst of our mistakes. We basically pick out stuff that's happened in the world each week and talk crap about it. It's a really sophisticated show.

Until this week we'd been doing it live as well, but have stopped that for now. We tend not to describe ourselves as comedy, mainly because we don't do it to try and be funny, but we get the occasional nervous laugh here and there.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I've gone ahead and compiled your posts into a directory for the OP. Every week or so, I'll collect the new ones and add them to the list. Let me know if I messed anything up.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

New episode of Alcohollywood is up now, where we have some drinks and tear apart The Notebook - I've improved the editing and added a theme song (graciously permitted by beloved goon jazz band A Giraffe - thanks again fellas!). Check it out here at http://alcohollywood.podbean.com/2011/10/27/episode-2-the-notebook/.

Hopefully in the next month or so, we can get it moved over to Alcohollywood.com and get some proper hosting, so forgive the stock Wordpress template it's on right now. Still getting our feet wet!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
New Talk about the Weather is up:

http://www.tatp.org/blog/?p=3657

If you like people from the north of England talking about the "video nasty" era of VHS rentals, it's the podcast for you! Also just want to point out that the site itself has a load of articles on all things popular culture if you're in need of something to read. Oh, and in honour of Ricky Gervaise setting his fans on Richard Herring last week, we did a big piece on why Herring is great.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

The Halloween special for Alcohollywood is up (Alcoholloween), where we talk about and make rules for 1965's Peter Cushing frightfest Dr. Terror's House of Horrors. Pour yourself a Reaper's Handshake and listen in!

Also, http://www.alcohollywood.com is up - rough, but up. Come take a look and tell me what you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I've been trying not to oversaturate this forum with self promotion but I just put up the Dead Idea Valhalla Halloween special and it features something I've been wanting to try since I started the show: An absurdist faux Lovecraftian audio drama. I think it came together pretty good. Check it out:

https://www.deadideavalhalla.com