Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 9 - Y Chro's 4 Life

This week's contenders:
Paper vs. Plastic
Zero Privacy vs. Solitude
Sequels vs. Remakes
Pokemon vs. Digimon
Dementors vs. Ring Wraiths

RSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

This week, Alcohollywood revisits a tale as old as time, just in time for its 3D rerelease – 1991′s Beauty and the Beast! This Disney animated film was the first animated picture to be nominated for an Academy Award, and its smooth animation and energetic charm continues to delight. Oh, and Jerry Orbach plays a talking candelabra, which is all the reason required to watch and enjoy this film. We've got custom drinks and drinking rules just on the other side of that image link!

iTunes|RSS

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Comics, movies, games (video and tabletop), the geek, nerd and dork lifestyle
Released: Weekly, Mondays
Goon: Ulta
Description: The Dorks of dork night have a conversation about the dorky stuff that interest us, usually movies, comics, video games, Magic: the Gathering, role-playing and anything else the cool kids aren't talking about.

Ulta fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 18, 2012

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Re:Fresh 13 - The Number Thirteen

Get your drugs ready! It's another episode of Re:Fresh!

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 10 - Four Score and 20 Drinks Ago

This week's contenders:
Year of Summer vs. Year of Winter
Jack Sparrow vs. The Dread Pirate Roberts
Baths vs. Showers
Time Travel to the Past vs. the Future
Batman vs. Superman

RSS

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
The Catacombs of Neptune, episode 02:

Football
Tebow
Movie going experiences
movie talk
Less drunkenness
Generally uninformed strong opinions

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man Time
iTunes | RSS | Twitter
Genre: Comedy
Released: Weekly, Sundays
Ironic misogyny from a bunch of metrosexuals.

Man Time is basically myself and 5 friends sitting around a mic talking nonsense. It's kind of your typical "banter" type thing. We're aware we're probably about the billionth set of people to think our conversations while at the pub were worth broadcasting, and that 6 people is probably a little too many for a podcast, but since we started it's amassed a slight fanbase and people genuinely seem to enjoy it and go along with the injokes. The levels can be a bit messy, but we're learning as we go along.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

Have you ever heard the song "Rhinestone Cowboy" and thought to yourself, "Man, this would make a great movie!"....No? Well someone made it! Saddle up, as this week's Alcohollywood handles a particularly terrible film - the 1984 country-western fish-out-of-water buddy-comedy Rhinestone, directed by Bob Clark (who can seemingly only direct good movies with Christmas in the title) and starring Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton!

iTunes|RSS

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
For those who can't get enough Stallone podcasts in their lives, I'm a guest on this podcast where we talk about Tango & Cash.

Anime World Order Show # 103 – Bandai Died, HELP COMPUTER

We recorded this two weeks ago, with the idea being to get it out fast on account that it was a time-sensitive topic. That obviously did not happen. Here it is regardless: Bandai Entertainment (publishers of titles such as Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Gundam) is ceasing all new releases. We’re joined by professional anime translator Neil Nadelman (who’s done many Bandai translations) and fellow goon/professional Patrick Warburton impersonator (also, Anime News Network columnist) Mike Toole to discuss what led up to this and what lies ahead.

RSS

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
The catacombs of neptune - episode 3

From Dendra

"Chicks with dicks, fishing for compliments, failing at radio, furries, and a sad story about jerking off all over oneself in a parking lot in Manchester. Listen. "

http://catacombsofneptune.podbean.com/2012/01/22/episode-03/

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 11 - The Truth Sucks

This week's contenders:
Triscuits vs. Wheat Thins
Robin Hood vs. James Bond
Beautiful but Everything Tastes "Okay" vs. Talented but Mean Looking & Smelly
CDs vs. MP3s
Being Covered in Glitter vs. Covered in Sand.

Personally, this may be my favorite episode yet. If you love puns, LOOK NO FURTHER.

RSS

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

Happy Chinese New Year from Alcohollywood! In honor of the Year of the Dragon, we decided to watch (and drink to) the seminal 1970s kung-fu flick Enter the Dragon. Bruce Lee’s iconic film showcases his incredible martial arts prowess, a groovy score by Lalo (“Mission Impossible”) Schifrin, and a sweet afro from Jim Kelly. Horror-movie mainstay John Saxon also stars. Also, a snake. Come check out our custom drink and rules, and listen to the podcast below!

iTunes|RSS

Hugmonster VIII
Jan 5, 2008

i think that turtle
want to race us!
Hoping music shows are okay here, but I haven't seen any others in the thread so if it's not, please let me know.

Drifts (iTunes | RSS | Website | Twitter)
Genre: Music
Released: Weekly, every Friday morning

"Every week on Drifts, we delve into the stranger side of electronic pop – the stuff that makes your ears tingle, your mind wander, and your heart race." I play weird electronic music - genres that go by the names 'chillwave', 'dreampop', 'shoegaze', and stuff like that. In short, if you're into chill electronic music, take a listen to my show. It also streams every Thursday on Goon-run station GhettoRadio.us at 11PM EST, if you'd like to listen to the show live.

Hugmonster VIII fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 20, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

The more the merrier, I'll be sure to check it out!

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Catacombs of Neptune - Episode 4

Fourth episode of this podcast, little rough at first but we got a rhythm going with theories on incest, vegas, bad movies, personal stories, animal abuse etc.

enjoy

A link would be helpful

http://catacombsofneptune.podbean.com/2012/01/29/episode-04/

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Nerd and dork lifestyle
Description: I'll re-up, as we have successfully completed our seventh strait episode. We talk about Magic in this one, the pre-release, and Magic attracts some of the worst individuals. Also we've got our game Nerdy or Not: celebrity edition

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

The Library Police
Website: http://www.librarypolice.net and http://www.clydeumney.net/librarypolice (archives hosted here)
RSS: http://librarypolice.libsyn.com/rss
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=399204716
Genre: Reading, writing, literature, and other book-nerd type stuff
Release schedule: Weekly, typically Wednesdays or Thursdays

Description: A close friend of mine and I have been doing this for about a year; we talk about what we're reading these days, and then launch into discussions of everything from YA fiction to maintaining suspense in a multi-book series and beyond. Lately we've been getting to do some major author interviews, including Joe Lansdale and John Connolly. We have a pretty good sense of humor, but as much as anything, this is book nerds talking about books of all kinds.

I know I'm re-posting this, but I saw where lots of people are posting each time they do a new episode, and I thought I'd give an update on our show. At this point, we've done about 60 episodes (we just recorded #61, which will be out next week). These days, we're doing a lot of the same book talk, but we've also started a book club (where we dedicate one episode a month to discussing a single novel in detail) and are trying to drum up more interest in author interviews and guests.

I don't know how well we're doing subscriber-wise (my co-host controls that part), but we seem to get a decent amount of e-mail each week, including even one from an SA moderator one week (cool!). So, we're still going strong. I'd love to get feedback from anyone here, be it through PM or e-mail or whatever - how do we sound? How are the episodes? Too long? Too short? Let us know!

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 12 - Superb Owl Sunday

This week's contenders:
A world without Peanut Butter vs. A world without Jelly
The Godfather vs. Scarface
PATRIOTS VS. GIANTS
Thin crust v. Thick Crust
Cold Feet v. Hot Seat

GET YOUR BOWL PREDICTIONS HERE. Also, assorted Peter Dinklage related advice.

RSS

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

Happy Groundhog Day from Alcohollywood! This week, we cover the film that, well, we're pretty much obliged to cover – the 1993 comedy Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray. This tale of repeating days and personal improvement is likely the funniest film about spiritual transcendence to be set in Pennsylvania. (I do not say that lightly.) Also stars romantic comedy staple Andie MacDowell and comedian Chris Elliot, relishing his 13th minute of fame.

iTunes|RSS

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Catacombs of Neptune - Episode 5

We discuss the importance of masturbating and talk about a great deal of movies, and finally have the talk about Dolph Lundgren you've been waiting to hear all these decades. Jon used to have a ghoulish job and troubles with his shitter.

http://catacombsofneptune.podbean.com/2012/02/04/episode-05/

Gonna tag my own side, it's not very good, just got a new recorder but it is 10-20 minutes of me rambling on to avoid the blanket of depression that is gonna wash over me eventually.

It's called

a boy and his dog

Stream of consciousness

http://boyandhisdog.podbean.com/

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

EPISODE AND DRINKING GAME HERE

Happy Valentine's Day from Alcohollywood! 'Tis the season for love, and in the 21st century, that also means lovely romantic comedies. While we've covered some stinkers in the past, none come off as more of a blatant product driven by daytime talk shows and the cult of celebrity than 2010's Garry Marshall fluff Valentine's Day! This film is a blend of Love, Actually, Magnolia and Eat Pray Love, in that it's a mixture of small, intertwined stories about love experienced by Rich, Beautiful White People. Along with guest panelist Julia, we've got a lot to say about the film - but be sure to have your custom drink and rules handy at the same time!

iTunes|RSS

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 9, 2012

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
The bloodybits podcast.

Website
itunes
rss

For now, released every other Monday. Gaming, and retro gaming podcast. Some music, beer, and unrelated discussion as I find it entertaining.

First episode I interview the voice actor for Hiro in Lunar Eternal Blue on Sega CD.
Excuse the audio quality on the interview. Working on correcting that in the future.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
Us stupid norwegians are still at it, 56 episodes in as many weeks.

http://www.radcrew.net

Turns out we're probably one of the most popular independent podcasts in Norway now.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 13 - U R A QT

This week's contenders:
Romantic Comedies vs. Romantic Dramas,
Valentine's Day vs. St, Patrick's Day,
Cupid vs. the Easter Bunny,
Candy Hearts vs, Candy Corn,
Pepé Le Pew vs. Helga Geraldine Patacki.

♥ VALENTINES DAY EPISODE ♥

RSS

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Anime World Order Show # 104 – The [Sword for] Truth Has Set Us Free

The first half of this episode is largely spent discussing the recently-publicized, formerly secret data regarding just how much companies pay to license these Japanese cartoons for American release. In the second half, we review one of the most notoriously terrible anime that is actually highly entertaining (as part of our ongoing adventures in doing so), Sword for Truth:

If anything, this cartoon taught us all why mixing opium with tribadism is a recipe for death, no matter HOW much you secretly love Jesus.

RSS

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 14, 2012

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
http://boyandhisdog.podbean.com/2012/02/13/episode-five-hurray/

Episode five - auditioning, happy pills, remembering someone, health stuff reviews, show reviews.

Good episode

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Description: Check out episode 8, which was last week, and episode 9, where we talk about movies, and mostly the games we're looking forward to in 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

This week on Alcohollywood, we're taking our first user request (from A Godsend) and reviewing/playing our drinking game to Pee-Wee's Big Adventure! This 1985 film kickstarted the careers of Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, and Paul Reubens, and follows the story of a bike and the manchild who loves it. The whole film is such an infectious, gonzo ride that you don't mind the fact that PEE-WEE'S THE MOST NORMAL CHARACTER IN THE FILM. Rube Goldberg machines, incessantly crooning train hobos and all-too-fitting cartoon sequences abound in this clear showcase for Tim Burton's cartoonishly macabre vision. Listen to our episode and try the game along with our signature drink, and keep on suggesting episodes!

iTunes|RSS

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 14 - Space Age Technology

This week's contenders:
Deep sea danger vs. Deep space danger
Shakespeare vs. Dr. Seuss
Losing an arm vs. Losing a leg
Ranch vs. Hot Sauce
Wearing a suit for the rest of your life vs. Wearing pajamas for the rest of your life.

"Hey children, here's a wonderful bedtime story! Othello! Don't let the pillow smother your face!" - Kevin

RSS

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

iTunes | RSS
Category: Gaming & Hobbies
Schedule: Monthly
Description: Role Playing Public Radio looks at role playing games with humor and insight. Our mission is to make gaming more fun, whether it is celebrating a legendary session or making fun of dysfunctional games. If you have ever slain a gazebo by mistake, looted the body of a sass mouthed NPC, or died screaming in Call of Cthulhu, RPPR is for you!

Aside from the regular show, we also do comedic skits on occasion like radio plays and readings of utterly terrible fanfictions.

and I have one other podcast:

iTunes | RSS
Category: Gaming & Hobbies
Schedule: Weekly
Description: Role Playing Public Radio presents a weekly Actual Play podcast of tabletop role playing game sessions. We play a wide variety of RPGs, from popular classics like Dungeons and Dragons and Call of Cthulhu to indie hits like Monsters and Other Childish Things and Don’t Rest Your Head. Some of our episodes are stand-alone scenarios and we also feature a complete 4e Dungeons and Dragons campaign called “The New World’. Give us a listen if you want to hear a great gaming crew fight evil, try outrageous plans to save the day and joke about it.

Each episode is a full game session recorded at the table with a Zoom h2 digital audio recorder. We are adults, so keep in mind there will be some profanity.

If you want to hear what a tabletop RPG is like, you should give us a try. We play a variety of systems and genres. Our most acclaimed/well reviewed episodes are:

Call of Cthulhu: Bryson Springs. The year is 1935 and horror lurks in the shadows of the Great Depression. In a Hooverille near a small town of California, Bryson Springs, a man has been murdered by means most foul. A FBI agent is ordered to investigate the death even though he is currently transporting a mafia hitman to prison. A reporter from L.A. and a professor of anthropology also converge on the area, drawn by fate or curiosity. The unlikely heroes find themselves surrounded by a horror they cannot imagine, let alone perceive.

World of Darkness: Candle Cove. Candle Cove was a kid’s show in the early 70s that many remember seeing but no one has ever found proof it ever existed. Until now. Three friends find a tape that supposedly contains an episode of the show. Soon after they play the tape, a strange man appears at their doorstep and the three mortals find themselves in a desperate struggle between a dangerous cult and a being beyond comprehension, known only as the ‘Skin Taker’

Cyberpunk: Lady Gaga 2.0. 1980s style cyberpunk game with cyborgs, no wireless Internet and gratuitous violence. One listener said "That last hour was spectacular, John Woo-and-Luc-Besson-skipping-through-a-poppy-covered-minefield-on-the-way-to-deliver-drugs-to-Grampa-Gibson awesomeness

clockworkjoe fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 19, 2012

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Catacombs of Neptune - Fetish convention, women, financial trouble, death, the dog

ChristianDB fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 20, 2012

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Kinda forgot to post some episodes...so

Re:Fresh 18 – Elledal Yrod

We look at the Greece fires…and rioting….and looting, how Virginia wants to get all up in you, ladies…literally, news about the LHC, creepo TSA agents, plus resistance to ACTA in Europe, Metal Gear Online is going buh-bye and new tech to keep your data secure. We also read your suggestions for names for our pipe and pin a name down. Oh and we pay "tribute" to Whitney Houston.

Download

Re:Fresh 17 - Ghost Pepper

Pelosi v Colbert, teens are having just as much sex but having fewer babies, a FL Judge ordered a man to take his wife to Red Lobster after he threatened and choked he, stupid Marines, and more crooked cops. We take a look at a review for one of the most messed up video games we’ve ever heard of: Katawa Shoujo, talk about stoner superstitions, and Joe encounters a Ghost Pepper.

Download

Re:Fresh 16 - Scramble The Ambulances!

Demi Moore’s 911 call, Susan G Komen gets bitchy with Planned Parenthood, Anonymous uncovers Ron Paul white supremacist connection, video games get blamed for another shooting, and religious people get upset about gay marriage in Star Wars: The Old Republic, plus much more.

Download

If you listen to all 3, you might die. Good luck.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Description: Episode 10 is a real mishmash, we talk about a really creepy Magic placemat :nws:http://yfrog.com/h7rlhxxrj:nws: and a show we saw.

Also we are looking for reviews and ratings. Review or rate us, and we'll talk about whatever you want, in plug like fashion, on the show!

Ulta fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 21, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Ulta posted:

Review or rate us, and we'll talk about whatever you want, in plug like fashion, on the show!

Do this - they're a fun listen, and gave Alcohollywood (though they called it "Alcohollywoods") a nice shoutout in a recent episode. Thanks!

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

Known Griefers (KGB Radio)
iTunes | RSS
Genre: Videogames
Released: Weekly, Usually pops up Tuesday/Wedneseday
Description: Back in the summer a couple friends of mine decided to start a videogames blog. Not long after, the idea of doing a podcast came up and I was invited in to try and figure out the logistics. We started out just on my mumble server and... well, we still just do that. Surprisingly, this method has worked out pretty well and we have reached 20 episodes in almost as many weeks.

There is a general format to each show and probably numerous copyright infringing moments. Rock hates Nintendo, Chris likes wrestling, I tend to ramble way too long and bore everyone about the Virtual Boy, Zack doesn't talk... there are a few other regulars as well.

But, it's been fun to do so far. None of us have figured out how to properly promote the show, so we have a loyal listening audience consisting of maybe 10 people.

We would love some feedback.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Hewlett posted:

Do this - they're a fun listen, and gave Alcohollywood (though they called it "Alcohollywoods") a nice shoutout in a recent episode. Thanks!

To be fair and ironic, I was probably drinking.

edit: Also your Beauty and the Beast episode was great.

Fake Green Dress
Jan 31, 2007
Actually Happening
iTunes | RSS | Stitcher | Facebook | Twitter

Comedy/History/Current Events

Actually Happening is a weekly panel game podcast chock-full of obscure trivia, historical nonsense and terrible puns. If you happen to learn something along the way we swear it’s not our fault.

We're now weekly, but we alternate between two episodes of Actually Happening, and two of Not Actually Happening, a shorter show where we talk about some of our favorite bits of hoax science and wrong history.

Just a heads-up for those of you with sensitive ears (or coworkers with sensitive ears): we earn our explicit tag. Yes, it’s history, but it’s history with cussin’.

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
Ninjas vs. Podcast: Episode 15 - White Lower Clastle

This week's contenders:
1 Polar Bear vs. 50 Koala Bears
Fan art vs. Fan Fiction
Dying Happy vs. Dying Happily
Dustin Hoffman’s Captain Hook vs. Tim Curry’s Long John Silver
Losing a drinking contest vs. losing an eating contest.

Recently bumped up production quality so JUMP ON DAT YO.

Love, Tyler

RSS

Pious Pete fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 23, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

This week on:

It's Oscar Week on Alcohollywood, and with the Academy Awards coming up, were playing a drinking game to the Best Picture nominee we thought it would be most difficult to make a drinking game for - Terrence Malick's 2011 head-scratcher The Tree of Life! This beautifully-shot picture is definitely not for everyone, so check your expectations of linear plot, narrative clarity, and NOT seeing dinosaurs at the door.

Apart from this film, Jared and Clint also give their thoughts on the current run of nominees. Who do you think will win? Leave us a comment!

iTunes|RSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Dork Night
iTunes | RSS
Description: Episode 11! We intended to talk about Borderlands 2 in this episode, but better stuff came up. Our further expanding host stable expands to Blake in this one. Blake was a former game quality assurance tester for a few companies that will remain nameless, and we chat about his experience as one. Murph escalates the shoutout war with Alchollywood, hoping to start a podcast missile crisis.

Also we are still looking for reviews and ratings. Review or rate us, and we'll shamless talk about whatever you want, in plug like fashion, on the show! If Phalanx is a goon, let us know!