Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azai392
Jul 7, 2012

Toisu! Toisu! Toisu!
Game Budz

Instagram | Facebook
RSS | Spotify | iTunes | Google Podcasts | Breaker | Pocket Casts | Radio Public

Genre: Video Games and Video Game related topics
Release Schedule: Weekly every Monday!

Game Budz is a podcast where 4 friends get lifted and have "elevated discussions" about video games. Light up and hang out with us for a while! Still getting used to everything and every episode we record has gotten more refined and a lot more fun! The best place to find us for updates and fun little posts would be the Gram at the moment. We also have a Facebook!

Hello all! The Budz are back again with another lump of episodes! =D Fortunately that means we haven't slowed down and actually have restructured things a bit. Thank you to all that have taken the time to check us out and we hope you come back to hang soon!

Episode 22: The Sims w/Sam

Bloo Bagoo! Wag nere, wap zow there is a new episode to listen to. The Budz are joined by resident Sims expert, Sam, of Poop Machete(@poopmachete on instagram) to have an elevated discussion in Simlish about the most popular life simulator ever. So Shamble Natzo Thorg and Yargbo Bay Tazzle!

Episode 23: Classic Sonic Games

It seems where there is Sonic, there also exists technical difficulties. Join the Budz this week as they navigate those and discuss classic 2d Sonic the Hedgehog video games. Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, CD, and Mania are all on the agenda. The best part is that there is very little discussion of Sonic's stupid friends! Join the hangz and pass the bong for a way past cool episode!

Episode 24: Short Games to Play on Christmas Break

It's a holiday miracle! 2 episodes in one week! Remember when you were a kid and had so much more time around the holidays? Nothing was better than receiving that video game that you really wanted for Christmas and then having two whole weeks to beat the crap out of it! Now you're all grown up and don't have all that time for gaming. So what do you do? You pick a short bite sized adventure and cram it in! Happy Holidays!

Episode 25: Dragon Ball Z Games

Dragon, dragon! Rock the dragon! Dragon Ball Z! It's a new year, and that means new episodes of Game Budz! What better way to start a new season than by talking bout some of the best(and worst) Dragon Ball Z video games. The Budz have been training in 100x gravity to deliver the goods this week. Don't forget to bring some senzu beans, and get ready, for GAME BUD Z!

Episode 26: The 1st Annual Buddies Awards!

Roll out the red carpet and put on your Sunday best, because it's time for the 1st Annual Buddies Awards! 2021 was a great year for video games. Join the Budz in this extra special episode as they reflect on their favorite games of the year! Who's gonna win? Who's gonna lose? Find out on the 1st Annual Buddies Awards show!

Episode 27: Now That's What I Call Video Game OSTs 2!

Woooah you're listening to Game Budz in the Morning on GB420.69! Turn your speakers up and get ready to rock with some of the best tunes from various video games! This ain't your mama's radio show, so get ready for a hell of a ride this week on Game Budz!

Episode 28: All Aboard the Hype Train! 2022 Edition

Woo woo! You hear that? The 2022 hype train is chugging along and it is coming full force! 2022 is going to be a stacked year for video game releases, and the Budz are here to discuss their hopes and dreams for it. Elden Ring, Pokemon, Sonic, and many others are touched on this week. Hop aboard and enjoy this week's episode!

Episode 29: Indie Games

Yeah, I guess Mario is a good game...if you like that mainstream stuff.. This week, try something new and more organic with the Game Budz discussion on Indie Games. Don't be a part of the corporate machine. Like, seriously.

Episode 30: Fighting Games
Round 30, FIGHT! The Budz each take and corner and get ready to duke it out because this week is about fighting games! Select your character and don't forget your best moves. Who doesn't love a friendly bout every now and then? Just don't spam the same drat move this time. Join the hangz and don't forget to HIT the bong!

Episode 31: Romantic Games

Video games are fun. They're even better when you have someone to share them with. Nothing quite compares to the special bond that two people can have for each other and it's wonderful that video games can be a part of something so intimate. This week, grab your most special Bud and cozy up as the Budz discuss romantic games to play with your significant other. *mwah*

Episode 32: Wrestling Games

Oh yeah brother! This episode is the creeeam of the crop! All you jabronies need to listen to this episode if you know what's good for ya, because we're talkin' about WRESTLING GAMES! Don't make me open up a can of whoop rear end on ya. Know your role fool. The Budz want you to join the hangz this week, and that's the bottom line!

We have a few more up but you will have to check out our page or wait for the next post to find out! =D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Hope it's okay to share a podcast in Spanish :)

CineXperiencia

Site | Facebook | Twitter |

Spotify | Google Podcasts |RSS

Genre: Films and TV series in Spanish
Released: Weekly, mostly weekends
Goon: Kal-L and friend Christopher
Description: A couple of friends talk about the best and worst films, while also talking about the lessons and themes the films touch about, and what we can learn from them.

And some episodes I'd recommend:

El Año de la Peste/The Year of the Plague
https://www.podpage.com/cinexperiencia/11-el-ano-de-la-peste/

Based on the Albert Camus book The Plague, in a then modern 1970's Mexico. Done just as the COVID pandemic was starting back in 2020, we talk about this mexican film that has many elements that turned out to be prescient of real world events everywhere.

Under the Silver Lake
https://www.podpage.com/cinexperiencia/01-s03-under-the-silver-lake/

We talk about this film that shows the world from the perspective of a washed up musician that turns to conspiracies to explain a tragedy that befell someone close to him. Very fun to talk about everything that went into making it a movie that is worth many rewatches, from the cyphers and legends and symbolism that it shows.

He's Back
https://www.podpage.com/cinexperiencia/02-s03-ha-vuelto/

Hitler wakes up in 2015, and finds that the modern world is not so different from 1920's Germany. We talk about how fun it is to just see Hitler doing everyday stuff, but also how the modern world deals with tolerance, free speech and extremism.

And also:

CineXperiencia After Hours

Spotify | Google Podcasts | RSS

Genre: Films and TV series in Spanish
Released: Bi-Weekly
Goon: Kal-L and another friend (Juan)
Description: Two friends talk about cult movies, mostly from the 80's, in a relaxed manner and sharing our fond memories about them, while reflecting on how those movies have aged.

And also some recommendations:

Revenge of the Nerds 1-2
https://www.ivoox.com/ep-1-la-saga-de-la-venganza-de-audios-mp3_rf_54074545_1.html

Back when nerds were at the bottom of society, these movies were the ultimate nerd revenge fantasy. And yes, we talk about how some of their jokes have aged, with how some of their actions turn out to be downright criminal. Since it's the first episode we were trying to find a different voice for this one, but still turned out fun.

The Cabin in the Woods
https://www.ivoox.com/ep-7-the-cabin-on-the-woods-audios-mp3_rf_58022508_1.html

We were joined by Chris to talk about this Josh Whedon movie, and how it addresses some of the more glaring problems with the modern horror genre films.

Motorama
https://www.ivoox.com/04-s02-motorama-audios-mp3_rf_74803151_1.html

Back when we were talking about making the podcast, this film was one we both said deserved an episode. Equal parts modern fable and fever dream, we follow a kid that roams the highways of America, trying to find the cards that will make him rich beyond his wildest dreams.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

With Chinese Characteristics

What it's about : We talk about topics with chinese characteristics, whatever they might be. We also try to be funny sometimes but usually fail. These are usually history related.

We fell behind on our schedule a little bit because of all the terrible things going on in the world, but we're getting BACK ON TRACK!

Genre: Chinese History, Politics, and Culture also a bit of comedy
RSS Feed | iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | Twitter

Latest Episodes: (Episode Descriptions are within links)

Arrow War Part 1 - The Flimsiest of Pretexts

Episode 42: Lü Bicheng's Legendary Life Story

Opium War Part 3 - The First Unequal Treaty

Episode 40: The War for Lunar New Year

Release Schedule: Currently every other Sunday

Azai392
Jul 7, 2012

Toisu! Toisu! Toisu!
Game Budz

Instagram | Facebook
RSS | Spotify | iTunes | Google Podcasts | Breaker | Pocket Casts | Radio Public

We also started adding our episodes to YouTube!

Genre: Video Games and Video Game related topics
Release Schedule: Weekly - Every Monday!

Game Budz is a podcast where 4 friends get lifted and have "elevated discussions" about video games. Light up and hang out with us for a while! Still getting used to everything and every episode we record has gotten more refined and a lot more fun! The best place to find us for updates and fun little posts would be the Gram at the moment. We also have a Facebook!

Hey all! Back again with another batch of content! This time it should be up to our current episode! Since the last post we have split our Content into 2 episodes! What are you on? which is our usual 1st half of the episode where we discuss what we have been playing this past week. We also dive into Video Game New and History and have lots of fun. The second part is our Main Game Budz Content. This allowed us to shorten our episodes without having to hold back. Thanks for listening and tell friends to join the hangz!

Episode 33: Xbox 360

From the iconic startup, to the massive library of great games, all the way to the red ring of death, the Xbox 360 definitely left its mark in gaming history. Who didn't own one of these? It's an amazing console that shaped an entire generation of gamers. The budz have an elevated discussion on this legendary landmark in gaming while getting blazed 360. Roll up a fat doob and join the hangz!

Episode 34: Arcade Games

Hey! We just scraped up a few bucks in quarters and we're planning on hitting the arcade to play some games. I heard they have this new X-Men game there, and it has 6 joysticks! Yeah, pretty crazy. Oh, and make sure to bring some weed. The manager said he'd give us some free plays if we smoke him out.

This week, the Budz talk about a bygone era with a good friend. Join the hangz!

Episode 35: Emulation

This week, join the Budz as they discuss emulation. Whether you're too broke to afford a game, or just curious to try out something that never was released in your region, emulation is a common, yet somewhat controversial subject in gaming. But let's be real, it is pretty sweet having hundreds of games at the ready. Pack a bowl and join the hangz!

What Are You On? - Episode 0

Hey Budz! What are you on? The beloved segment has become a full blown podcast. Join the Budz as they talk about gaming news, some gaming history, and of course, discuss what they're currently playing. This introductory episode also has some fun facts about the Budz themselves. So come join the hangz!

Episode 36: March Badness

Who's the baddest of them all? Place your bets and illegally gamble if you're able to, and get ready for MARCH BADNESS! The Game Budz have expertly selected 16 baddies to duke it out in a tournament of terrible travesties. Light your joints and buckle up for what is likely to be the most remembered fantasy sports event of all time.

What Are You On? - Episode 1

Hey everyone, get ready for the first real episode of What Are You On? Tune in for some gaming news, history, and our answers to the Question of the Week. We're joined by special guest Alec Plant from Chicago. Join the hangz!

Episode 37: Game Boy Advance

Join the hangz this week as the Budz discuss the Game Boy Advance! They're joined by Alec Plant again to talk about the powerful portable. Pop in some new batteries and pack a bowl, it's time for another elevated discussion!

What Are You On? - Episode 2

Hey everyone! Get ready for another dose of gaming news, history, and the question of the week!

Episode 38: Video Game Weapons

Oh no! The most foul Sobritrex is back and stronger than ever! The Budz must come together, smoke a ton of weed, and find the best video game weapons in order to defeat the great evil. Will it be the Mega Buster or the BFG? The Needler or the Buster Sword? Join the hangz and find out!

What Are You On? - Episode 3

Catch up with the Budz this week! As always they discuss the news, video game history, and answer the question of the week! What are you on?

Episode 39: PSX

Make some space on your memory cards, it's time for another elevated discussion from the Budz. Join them as they discuss the glorious era that is the mid 90's. Specifically, the Sony PlayStation. Get ready for 32 bit fun. So pack a bowl and join the hangz!

Stay tuned for more hangz

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Flash In The Pan

Genre: Comedy, Internet History, Media Crit
NEW: Support us on Patreon!
RSS Feed | iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter | YouTube

Latest Episodes:

Episode 74: A Land of Contrasts
Alex and Tom go deep into the Internet’s greatest book report in HOW TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. Then, a forum invasion history lesson, as we explore the circumstances behind EBAUM’S WORLD DOT COM. Plus, your emails, and a brand new mascot??

Episode 75: Mystical Mummy Powers
Powerful feelings abound as Alex and Tom watch two superb animations! THERE SHE IS STEP 4 brings heavy emotions and strife, then ROCKMAN NEO promises us a dark future that never happened. Also, some very good emails!

Episode 76: Nearly Inhuman Screeching (feat. Guts)
Konban wa, Flashketeers! Friend of the show Guts is here to cause maximum psychic damage in the form of NYAN~ NEKO SUGAR GIRLS! Elsewhere, we get heavily nostalgic with THE RETURN OF GANONDORF, and finish off with a CALL TO ACTION – can YOU help us find these obscure All Your Base ephemera???

Episode 77: I Am A Cool And Edgy Teenager With Lots Of Friends (feat. Terence Wiggins)
Games writer, podcaster and cookie expert Terence Wiggins joins us for the highs of TEEN GIRL SQUAD, the lows of MCCAIN’S SEXY OUTRAGE, and the philosophy of KARMA GHOST. Shock images, possums, and your fanfics!

Episode 78: Graham’s Number Out Of Five (feat. Sid Menon)
Games podcaster and musician Sid Menon joins us for a double helping of zombies and a heaping spoonful of anime for dessert! We have guns in RESIDENT EVIL 2.9, giggling in CODE VERONICA: FLASH EDITION, and crisis in GIRL-CHAN IN PARADISE EPISODE 3. Plus, your fanfic!

Release Schedule: Every couple of weeks!

Gertrude Perkins fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 9, 2022

Kamel
Apr 23, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

The Impossible Archive

iTunes | Twitter

Genre: History/paranormal
Release schedule: Roughly monthly

"The Impossible Archive" is hosted by two historians, Bill Black and Eddie Guimont (myself). The podcast is about us, as professional historians, navigating (in a very loose format) how to explore both the history of "weird things" in general through the viewpoint of historical training, as well as how historians broadly should view such topics. While not believers, neither do we consider ourselves hardcore debunkers, but an approach that I view as sympathetic skepticism.

Episodes released so far include an interview with fellow historian Kate Dorsch on the history of Project Blue Book; with astronomer Horace A. Smith on the book he and I are writing on H. P. Lovecraft and astronomy; and a review of Halloween III with conspiracy journalist Robert Skvarla. Outside of our interview episodes are several on the Pentagon UFO reports from this summer; a review of the newspaper letters to the editor of the 1920s crank Ole J. Sneide; ghosts; and how the megalodon became a cryptid.

The Project Bluebook and Lovecraft's astronomy eps are some of the better podcasts I have listened to recently. Still working my way through, but I'm enjoying your exploration of the history of "interesting" beliefs rather than focusing on debunking or straight mockery.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kamel posted:

The Project Bluebook and Lovecraft's astronomy eps are some of the better podcasts I have listened to recently. Still working my way through, but I'm enjoying your exploration of the history of "interesting" beliefs rather than focusing on debunking or straight mockery.

Thank you! Yes, the Kate Dorsch interview has been one of the highlights for me doing the podcast. It still blows my mind that Project Blue Book actually did look into Roswell, something that I don't think I've ever seen anywhere else but which you'd think would be a big deal considering how big those two elements are in UFO lore. As for the Lovecraft and astronomy episode, we are finishing up the draft of the book as we speak! We're at the final line-editing of each other's draft chapters, following which we're sending it off to the publisher, who last time we talked was interested in getting it out next year.

We have a few more episodes recorded already waiting to come out, including some on my adventures with very local cryptozoology and pseudohistory, and an interview with a UFO documentarian. We also are going to soon be interviewing a relatively Big Name in the history of academic studies of UFOs, which I'm looking forward to!

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Hello folks! My (also goon) wife and I have been making a podcast for two years now (and there's a sentence to get people interested), but it's only in the last few months that we've actually stuck to a consistent release schedule. Weirdly, since we started recording and releasing every week, the quality has actually improved! Who knew?!

The podcast is called I Don't Like Mondays, and is an unedited Garfield review podcast starting from the very first strip. Each episode tends to last about an hour, and covers a single strip. There is literally no way that we will ever finish this endeavour. Also, neither of us particularly like Garfield, nor particularly dislike Garfield. And yet we get an hour out of it.

The RSS is here, and we have a Patreon here. Currently the patreon rewards are early release episodes and monthly essays from my legit smart wife, but we're planning on a patreon exclusive show soon. There is a twitter @IDLMPodcast, which is mostly shitposts and links to episodes.

The genre is...I'm not sure. We do review the Garfield strip, and in forensic detail, but we also talk about literally anything that comes to mind. Comedy? Criticism? Philosophy? Tomfoolery? I'm a comedian with a decade of experience, and my wife is a terminally online goonette (:regd04:) with A Very Good Degree in English Literature.

We release episodes every Monday. Obviously.

Beyond that, it's hard to describe. It's either a couple of smart people pretending to be stupid, or a couple of stupid people pretending to be smart. Often it's both. The in the latest episode that's available to the public, I express an interest in taking clowning lessons and then get mercilessly bodied by my wife for around five minutes. We did once have a person tell us that she had to stop listening to it in bed because it was making her shake with laughter so much it was waking her husband. That was nice. We've also had guests! Including SA's delightful Buml0r and a man who solves Rubik's cubes for a living.

Recent episodes:

Episode 35, where I express aforementioned interest in clowning, citrus fruit is consumed, and Garfield acts like a dog, that zany guy.

Episode 34, where we take a break for several days because of drilling (again, this is not an edited podcast), talk about Porkies 1 and 2, and weirdly enjoy that day's strip.

Episode 33, a rude painting of a dog, what do Transformers eat, and more Garfield.

Episode 32, another awful insight into our marriage, The Addams Family, and a comic that is significantly less than the sum of its parts.

It's all very silly, but a bunch of folks seem, to enjoy it, and I genuinely think that, once we started recording with some regularity, it became quite a charming thing to listen to. Not everyone's cup of tea, of course, but what is?

Speaking of not everyone's cup of tea, I have also released MimeCast this week. Ten minutes of miming, as a podcast. There will maybe be ten episodes of this until I get bored of it. It is deeply loving stupid and by god the very notion of it makes me laugh like a drain.

The RSS for that is here and it will be released weekly.

Here is a review from a listener that genuinely warmed my heart:

https://twitter.com/emily_wk/status/1527462962013040640

(If ~performer bona fides~ are needed, I was also Mike Crew in The Magnus Archives, which folks seem to enjoy. I just thought I was doing a favour for a mate, but it turns out that Jonny had made an entire career for himself and, if anything, he was doing a favour for me.)

Flint_Paper fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 20, 2022

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
I've made another episode of Ephemera.

Genre: Storytelling/outsider art
Duration: 25-35 minutes.
The show's website URL: http://storiesfromtheinter.net
RSS URL: http://ephemera.libsyn.com/RSS

In this episode, I examine the phrase ", in minecraft," and try to solve what specifically this means (and says about embodied virtual space). Drawing together diverse threads (the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi, COVID-19 science, participatory urban design, VR software, prosecutions related to the January 6th 2021 event, and the evolution of botnets in the past 15 years), I weave together an argument that "in minecraft" is simultaneously less 'real' than 'real life', but more 'real' than other psychically-mediated forms of virtual communion. I'm pretty happy with this one and think it's a good commute listen.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Flint_Paper posted:

I Don't Like Mondays

Holy moley. My Batman podcast averages around 45 minutes and we do about 2 issues per episode. I'm really curious how you do a whole hour on a single strip. Definitely giving this a listen.

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

Podbean | iTunes | Facebook | Twitter

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's. What do our hosts think of them now? We used to make of the host's 14 year old daughter to watch them as well, but she tapped out after a few years.

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:
Sometime on Monday around midnight EST, every Monday (we try anyway)

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
https://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/crocodile-dundee/
G'day mates! Throw another shrimp on the barbie and make sure their ain't no dingo's near ya baby as we look back at the Australian hit movie Crocodile Dundee! That's right, we follow Mick "Crocodile Dundee" as he takes reporter Sue around that outback before she takes him back to her concrete jungle. In this cast we debate is Dundee charming or a total jerk, sing the song of the Gordon's Fisherman, and rewrite the classic romcom ending. Plus, a special thank you to our Australian listeners. All this and more!

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

What it's about : We talk about topics with chinese characteristics, whatever they might be. We also try to be funny sometimes but usually fail. These are usually history related.

Ok we're still behind on schedule but I think these are some good episodes and worth the wait! Hopefully!

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-46-voting-with-chinese-characteristics

quote:

The Modern Chinese state calls itself a People's Democratic Dictatorship (人民民主专政), and insists that it quickly and efficiently translates the people's will into government policy. Supposedly the Chinese people have no want or need for slow, chaotic, and expensive 'western style' democracy, and some studies even seem to back this up.

All of this however, is complete nonsense, as China is an autocratic, single party state, with no free elections and no freedom of speech or press.

Still with all the propaganda floating around, it is easy for a layperson to become confused about what system of Government China has, and the ability of the average person to make their voice heard.

In this series of episodes we explore the history of elections (选举) and democracy (民主) in China, from the Imperial Period to the present day. In the process we'll discuss the goals of these systems of peoples governance, their effectiveness, and their outcomes.

This first episode covers from roughly 1840 to 1949.

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-45-arrow-war-2

quote:

After local pressure was unsuccessful, the British (and French!) escalated the situation around Canton, sending military forces to depose the Governor of Canton, Ye Mingchen.

While they were ultimately successful, it still did not bring them the results in China they desired.

With neither side willing to compromise or back down, the cycle of violence would continue as both side began to pull troops towards Beijing for the final showdown.

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-44-chili

quote:

China’s culinary culture and habits are endlessly diverse. However, you still can’t imagine Chinese cuisine without chili peppers. Everywhere in China, you will find chilis peppers used fresh, dried, powdered, pickled, turned into a paste, infused into oils, used as a condiment, used as a preservative, used as the main ingredient! In addition, chili is a cultural symbol for modern China and its influence goes beyond the culinary scene.

However, chili peppers only arrived in China in the 16th century. How did chili become popular in China? How did some, but not all areas in China embraced chili and developed regional identities around it? How is chili linked to the male-centered revolutionary spirit and at the same time, seen as a symbol of female passion and outspokenness?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have been extremely anxious about even mentioning this but my friend and I, two idiots with terrible voices, have been doing a podcast for a few weeks now:

Build a Bard Workshop
Site / Apple / Spotify / Amazon / RSS

We try to release weekly on Fridays, and the genre is tabletop gaming / 5th edition D&D. Specifically, using random prompts to generate 5th edition characters, and any issues that come up as part of the build.

We just launched part 1 of a big discussion on how to build characters in general, and part 2 will be up next week, but there are currently about 6 exisodes up if you need to fill silence for about an hour and a half.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 2, 2022

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Okay so it's been literally 35 episodes since the last time I posted Breaking Mayberry in the thread so I'm just gonna post the latest one. We just did a Season Finale so now is a good time to get caught up!

Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

Genre: Comedy, Entertainment, History(?)
Release Schedule: Weekly-ish
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BreakMayberry
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BreakingMayberry/
Email us: breakingmayberry@gmail.com

Breaking Mayberry is a comedy/criticism podcast where two guys (one of which is me) go back and watch every episode of the Andy Griffith Show to understand why its such a big deal. What made this show such a cultural touchstone, and why is it always brought up by conservatives as "the way things should be?" Along the way, we learn about the turbulent '60s, come up with fan theories, and explore the weird world of Mayberry. The comedy holds up - the lessons not so much.

Two idiots and their much more intelligent guests take on classic TV (mostly the Andy Griffith Show) to see the weird messages they broadcast into American homes, and assess what holds up and what caused permanent damage to the psyche of an entire generation.

Join hosts Marty Schneider and Dan Ludwig as they descend into the madness of Boomer television, and occasionally break down their own childhood television addictions.

NEW EPISODES

105: An Extremely Solved Murder (Season Finale)

It's the Season Finale and we're going back to the seemingly endless well of Andy Griffith TV Movies where he plays an unrepentant psychopath!

This time around it's Murder in Coweta County, a tense game of cat-and-mouse between Andy Griffith and Johnny Cash, only it's really more like cat-and-guy-getting-his-absolute-poo poo-wrecked-by-Johnny-Cash-the-whole-movie.

We're a true crime podcast now! Only about this one very solved muder, though! And mostly only about the mostly-bad movie they made about that murder. But still, true crime! That should get you to listen, right?!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Flash In The Pan

Become a Flashketeer! Support us on Patreon!

Latest Episodes:

Episode 79: Playing Pervert’s Advocate
Tom and Alex talk about alien juices in AVATAR: HOT NA’VI SEX, bathroom horrors in MEN’S ROOM MONOLOGUE, and finish up by exploring some MICROSOFT OFFICE XP ADs…starring Gilbert Gottfried as Clippy??? Plus, your emails, and a lorra lorra laffs.

Episode 80: Lara Croft Inflation Disaster
Mamma mia! Tom and Alex revisit the videogame maelstrom in SUPER CONSOLE WARS PART 2, and get paternal with DAD’S AT WORK. Featuring graffiti chat from Flashketeers, woodland filth, and a celebrity callout.

Episode 81 LIVE: Impaled On A Monday Morning
Tom and Alex make their meatspace debut with this live episode extravaganza! Recorded at Confuzzled 2022 in Birmingham, England, and featuring a furry flash feast! SONIC XTREME brings the hog thunder, BUNNYKILL showcases some lapine ultraviolence, and KATAN is an ancient, sweeping epic! Featuring live audience groans of disgust and recognition!

Episode 82.1: Wario As Not A PigMan (feat. Brian Clevinger)
Writer and comic veteran Brian Clevinger joins Tom and Alex for an exploration of comedy, violence, and comedy violence! LOOKING FOR GROUP: SLAUGHTER YOUR WORLD has pipes and mayhem, while SMASH KINGDOM MELEE mostly has eardrum pain…

Episode 82.2: Loss Dot WAV (feat. Brian Clevinger)
Oh hey, Brian Clevinger is still with us, to talk about the third part of the classic Flash adaptation of 8 BIT THEATER! Plus, extra webcomic discussion and your lovely emails! This episode, we talk about what happens when every character is the dumbest character.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Flash In The Pan[/url]

It just hit me to ask - would you ever consider covering some of the classic early Flash Tubs from here on SA?

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Chairman Capone posted:

It just hit me to ask - would you ever consider covering some of the classic early Flash Tubs from here on SA?

You're not the first to ask about that, and we have thought about the best way to cover them, especially given the controversies surrounding Shmorky in particular. We've talked at length about SA's reputation and role in helping form the best and worst parts of online culture, and we want to make sure that we're being responsible as well as entertaining in our storytelling. Basically, yes, we absolutely will; we haven't figured out exactly how yet. There is a lot of great stuff there to explore!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
XJAKK: it is a show
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaieILW0EHzxK0M-wBZzThC8t6pWgMMEM
genre: comedy funtime
Release schedule: i dunno, i get depressed a lot
description: gettin mad at cartoons

There are now 43 full episodes, in the latest one the 2004 Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah movie Taxi gives me a minor stroke and i blatantly gently caress up the editing in at least 2 places

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 13, 2022

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Toolmakers Forum

Genre: Technology, Design, Social Media Crit

Release Schedule: Bi-weekly-ish on Wednesdays (usually)

RSS Feed | iTunes | Twitter | Newsletter

Toolmakers Forum is a podcast about tools & the people who make them. More specifically, it's a podcast where the lead developers of the Felt Co-Op (me & my biz partner) analyze & discuss the current state of affairs in social tooling & media from the lens of both users & developers. Basically if you spend way to much time online & then want to spend more time thinking about how to make things less poo poo, this podcast is for you. We do also occasionally discuss the open-source software platform we're building to try and address some of the critiques we're developing of the modern tooling landscape.

Latest Episodes:

010: Big Ideas In Our Community Software Part 2
Part 2 of our extended conversation about some of the big technical ideas underlying our development of Felt. The big ideas in this episode are:
·Moddable/programmable systems
· Entities can live anywhere
·JS client with ideal thickness·,
& ·Designed for small scale·

009: Big Ideas In Our Community Software Part 1
Part 1 of our extended conversation about some of the big technical ideas underlying our development of Felt. The big ideas in this episode are:
·A social app and CMS in one·
·Many personas; one account·
·3 tier UX·
& ·Swappable/composable/multiple views

008: Feudalism By Default
In this episode we talk about the historical norms of how control & power are distributed (or rather, hoarded) in computing systems. Plus some potential ways to change that for the future. Nathan Schneider's article: https://www.colorado.edu/lab/medlab/2021/01/08/implicit-feudalism-why-online-communities-still-havent-caught-my-mothers-garden-club

007: Own Your View
In this episode we discuss the tensions of open & closed APIs, the capacities for users to own & control their experience with their data, and what it could look like to use a system with a flexible client that allows for easy distribution of UX designs.

006: Balancing The Scale
In this episode we discuss the all dominating Silicon Valley ethos of scale, the dimensions along which things can scale, and alternatives to scale at any cost.

Kota
Jul 17, 2002

I paid how much for this?!

The show's name
Supernatural Selection

The show's website URL
https://www.supernaturalselectionpod.com/

iTunes URL or RSS URL
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/supernatural-selection-with-kevin-the-bastard/id1569207155
https://www.supernaturalselectionpod.com/podcast?format=rss

The show's genre
Comedy/General

Release schedule (weekly? monthly?)
Weekly

A brief description of what your show's all about
A look at the paranormal with professional amateurs.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Ep44 of XJAKK: it is a show is now live.
In today's episode, we explore the extremely short lived CN animated series: Elliott From Earth

https://youtu.be/QPTeLip9jmo

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 30, 2022

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

More episodes! Mostly the Arrow War but some democracy info in there too!!

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-49/the-looting-of-the-summer-palace

quote:

In this episode we discuss the endgame of the Arrow war, and China's resulting loss of full sovereignty as the foreign powers take root in Beijing.

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-48-voting-with-chinese-characteristics-part-2

quote:

During the Chinese Civil war, the communist forces experimented with various election systems in the territory they controlled, however upon taking control of the country in 1949, all large scale elections ceased.

However, facing mounting pressure from the Soviet Union, the Communist party eventually restarted "elections" in 1954. In this episode we discuss the Maoist election process, how the "single candidates elections" worked, how the "voting" happened, and most importantly who was able to cast a ballot, and what happened to those who were branded "non voters" by the state.

The word play of "等额选举", which was the form of election in China since 1953 up until the release of the 1979 Election Law., meant "single candidate election". Even in the strictest definition of democracy, an election where there is no competition, is not a real election. The Chinese style elections are more of a ceremonial occasion where the hand picked candidates by the CCP get confirmed.

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-47-arrow-war-3

quote:

After the Anglo/French diplomatic mission in 1859 was destroyed by the Qing Military, a larger, more powerful diplomatic army was sent in 1860 to ram the 'Treaty of Friendship' down the throats of the Qing Court.

Despite being unable to stop this larger force militarily, the Qing Empire would attempt every conceivable tactic to delay, misdirect, or otherwise stop the British and French from reaching Beijing and meeting the emperor.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SerCypher posted:

More episodes! Mostly the Arrow War but some democracy info in there too!!

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-49/the-looting-of-the-summer-palace

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-48-voting-with-chinese-characteristics-part-2

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-47-arrow-war-3

This is great thank you. I have a great interest in learning more about Chinese history/culture and I will absolutely listen to this. Saw your banner ad.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

LuckyCat posted:

This is great thank you. I have a great interest in learning more about Chinese history/culture and I will absolutely listen to this. Saw your banner ad.

Thanks! PM me if you like it!!!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

howdy, my podcast is called 48 Minutes of Dogs Barking :

The show's name - 48 Minutes of Dogs Barking

The show's website URL - https://sites.libsyn.com/432057/fourtyeightminutesofdogs
iTunes URL or RSS URL - http://feeds.libsyn.com/432057/rss
The show's genre : comedy
Release schedule (weekly? monthly?) : weekly
A brief description of what your show's all about : the internet's weirdest secrets from two dudes who have been there for all of it. a heavy dose of SA content in the early episodes but plenty more where that came from

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 7, 2022

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

The show's website URL - https://sites.libsyn.com/432057/fourtyeightminutesofdogs
A brief description of what your show's all about : the internet's weirdest secrets from two dudes who have been there for all of it. a heavy dose of SA content in the early episodes but plenty more where that came from

Today's episode is about Barnacle Jim, that long-faced bastard - https://open.spotify.com/episode/6CUgTDCoCfgXj51wquGtBZ?si=d7fe22bfa71a4d16

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Hello friends, just wanted to give a big ol' update on the world of podcasting with me.

The show's name: A Podcast with Jordan Hass
The show's website URL https://jordanhass.com/apodcast (but also has "full version" on patreon - https://www.patreon.com/jordanhass)
iTunes URL or RSS URL - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-podcast-with-jordan-hass/id1637857325
The show's genre - "Variety" (But I think it's honestly "man rants into a microphone about television and gaming and movies for about an hour" like all the highest quality ones)
Release schedule (weekly? monthly?) - It's Weekly, Generally around Mondays (give or take a Sunday/Tuesday)
A brief description of what your show's all about - I used to write all the time thoughts and opinions on columns on a blog, and after figuring out that pretty much YouTube and Twitch and all the content creation portals aren't really for me, I decided to make a podcast that's partially me reading my own scripted articles, and another part ad-libbing my week. With the "paid version" having a "paywall news segment" and a few more articles, because I honestly don't think that many people would want to listen anyway, but it's pretty much all I know how to do on the internet.

It's game show reviews, it's gaming news and thoughts, it's me looking at the discourse on social media about a twerking she-hulk and essentially i am doing this because people say "I have a voice and talent for it" SO LETS SEE IF THAT ACTUALLY WORKS OUT OR NOT

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

New episode and platform agnostic site : https://sites.libsyn.com/432057/episode-7-i-got-a-black-belt-in-bitches

It's got a gross description of 1Guy1Jar so beware

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Hey gang!

I do a podcast where I and guest(s) read through a Choose Your Own Adventure book. The guests make the choices, and when it's over the episode is over. I add music and sound effects to try and create a sort of theatrical thing. I've done about 37 episodes now. Each episode is on average around 25 minutes? Unfortunately the first like thirty episodes are with my ex, with whom I had an incredibly disastrous breakup, but now I'm just carrying on solo until I can find a new cohost. Come revisit some old Choose Your Own Adventure books; they're better and worse than you remember!

E031: The Secret of the Pyramids
E032: Escape!
E033: The First Olympics
E034: The Enchanted Kingdom
E035: Hyperspace
E036: The Mystery of Echo Lodge
E037: Space Patrol
E038: Return to Atlantis

Here are some rando stats about the episodes:

Successes: 17
Failures: 22
Success Rate: 42.74%

Most choices made: 10
Least choices made: 1
Average: 4 per episode

In the old days there was a release schedule of sorts. Now it's just whenever I can find the time and guests who want to participate.

https://thespoonybardpodcast.libsyn.com/

credburn fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 2, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

credburn posted:

Hey gang!

I do a podcast where I and guest(s) read through a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

Space patrol! Never thought I would hear about that book ever again. Really enjoyed the episode.

A fun light hearted podcast. You seem to put alot of work into the sound effect and it definitely pays off. The amount of nostalgia is too great not to comment.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

A weird one this week, it's recorded live and the sound's a bit weird, but the content is great. It's about OLGA (the Online Guitar Archive) and its legal struggles, the Rug Pull Finder team creating an NFT that then gets rugged, Meg White, Nope and we also talk Douglas Rushkoff

https://sites.libsyn.com/432057/episode-9-advanced-fast-hand-finger-wizard-master-class

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3EOAKjbCryWyFy86efQgO3?si=nguz3fciSn-SmHihcAl68g

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

We are starting our READ TOGETHER BOOKCLUB of Classical Chinese novel The Water Margin. Come read along about tough dudes drunkenly punching wild animals to death.

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-51/baijiu

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/episode-51/movie-review-eight-hundred-lake-changjin

https://www.withchinesecharacteristics.com/episodes/wccbookclub/water-margin-1

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

A weird one this week, it's recorded live and the sound's a bit weird, but the content is great. It's about OLGA (the Online Guitar Archive) and its legal struggles, the Rug Pull Finder team creating an NFT that then gets rugged, Meg White, Nope and we also talk Douglas Rushkoff

https://sites.libsyn.com/432057/episode-9-advanced-fast-hand-finger-wizard-master-class

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3EOAKjbCryWyFy86efQgO3?si=nguz3fciSn-SmHihcAl68g

Another banger - about the old timey blog Misanthropic Binch :

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3RJ9rG5KRrWqXVfPvw4s7x?si=72da4ec1d2da409e&nd=1
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/48-minutes-of-dogs-barking/id1259046351?i=1000583958443
https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-episode-14-73801389?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator
https://www.deezer.com/us/show/5305307

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Oh man! I think that even predates even the term "blog." I used to read that page. Some of my shittiest teenager opinions were formed after spending too much time reading Misanthropic Bitch and Stile.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Flash In The Pan

Become a Flashketeer! Support us on Patreon!

Latest Episodes:

Episode 83: An Earth-Shittering Shat
Quite possibly our silliest episode yet, as Tom and Alex howl with delight about VEGETA’S PROBLEM and THE SOLUTION, and are completely baffled by ESKIMO BOB. Plus, a lot of great emails about lost media! And a lot of poo jokes. Sorry. (Not sorry.)

Episode 84: The Mattress Of Time
Tom and Alex are back with two legendary tales from opposite ends of the cartoon spectrum! We sing along to Rabbit Joint in LEGEND OF ZELDA! VIDEO, and absolutely lose it over TARBOY. Plus, your emails!

Episode 85: A McDonald’s Virgin
Alex and Tom take a break from affairs of state to enjoy some funny cartoons! Wow! We look at whatever happened to HYPERBOY, and get gross with Homestar’s BUG IN MOUTH DISEASE. And a Strong Bad Email, as a treat. Plus, your childhood stories!

Episode 86: Shine On You Crazy Jesus (feat. Simply Simon)
Heute auf Deutsch! Let’s Play superstar Simply Simon joins Alex and Tom for some horrendous and Bavarian animal antics. We’ve got the German LLAMAS WITH HATS, the creepy AMAZING HORSE, and the truly regrettable ICH HEIßE MARVIN.

Episode 87: “My First Flash” 3 : A Day Daddy Will Not Forget
We asked and you delivered another esoteric collection of the first online cartoons our Flashketeers encountered! We learn about stinky banjos in WAR, puzzle at AMBURGERS AND WOOTBEER, and then delight and horror at the spectacle of TELEBUBBY FUN LAND.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe
With Chinese Characteristics[/url]

We continue to get through the glorious mess that is the water margin. Tune in as we discuss the problems that tough dudes in ancient china faced, such as getting too drunk, making friends with bandits, and having too hot of a wife.

WCCBC: Water Margin Ch 2, The Tough Dudes Network

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1348048/11597171

Quotations from Chairman Mao

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1348048/11688432

WCCBC: Water Margin Ch 3, The Lord of the West

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1348048/11734566

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 22, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SerCypher posted:

With Chinese Characteristics[/url]

We continue to get through the glorious mess that is the water margin. Tune in as we discuss the problems that tough dudes in ancient china faced, such as getting too drunk, making friends with bandits, and having too hot of a wife.

WCCBC: Water Margin Ch 2, The Tough Dudes Network

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1348048/11597171

Quotations from Chairman Mao

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1348048/11688432

WCCBC: Water Margin Ch 3, The Lord of the West

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1348048/11734566

This is a great podcast, and the hosts are both lovable in their own way. :3:

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This is a great podcast, and the hosts are both lovable in their own way. :3:

Thank you!!!!!!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

New episode today : Today we are talking timecubes, Weird Al, gross turtles, winning the PowerBall, fear of heights, 50s housewives, crypto crises and weird French literature.

Updated linktree with all the major podcast sites : https://linktr.ee/48minutesofdogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

New episode today : we cover a huge array of topics - Liver King, Evangelion, BlockFi, TheSpark, OKCupid and of course your weekly shock image. the best link is the linktree - https://linktr.ee/48minutesofdogs which should have all the podcast platforms!