Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kamel
Apr 23, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

The Impossible Archive

iTunes | Twitter

Genre: History/paranormal
Release schedule: Roughly monthly

"The Impossible Archive" is hosted by two historians, Bill Black and Eddie Guimont (myself). The podcast is about us, as professional historians, navigating (in a very loose format) how to explore both the history of "weird things" in general through the viewpoint of historical training, as well as how historians broadly should view such topics. While not believers, neither do we consider ourselves hardcore debunkers, but an approach that I view as sympathetic skepticism.

Episodes released so far include an interview with fellow historian Kate Dorsch on the history of Project Blue Book; with astronomer Horace A. Smith on the book he and I are writing on H. P. Lovecraft and astronomy; and a review of Halloween III with conspiracy journalist Robert Skvarla. Outside of our interview episodes are several on the Pentagon UFO reports from this summer; a review of the newspaper letters to the editor of the 1920s crank Ole J. Sneide; ghosts; and how the megalodon became a cryptid.

The Project Bluebook and Lovecraft's astronomy eps are some of the better podcasts I have listened to recently. Still working my way through, but I'm enjoying your exploration of the history of "interesting" beliefs rather than focusing on debunking or straight mockery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU