Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Hello folks! My (also goon) wife and I have been making a podcast for two years now (and there's a sentence to get people interested), but it's only in the last few months that we've actually stuck to a consistent release schedule. Weirdly, since we started recording and releasing every week, the quality has actually improved! Who knew?!

The podcast is called I Don't Like Mondays, and is an unedited Garfield review podcast starting from the very first strip. Each episode tends to last about an hour, and covers a single strip. There is literally no way that we will ever finish this endeavour. Also, neither of us particularly like Garfield, nor particularly dislike Garfield. And yet we get an hour out of it.

The RSS is here, and we have a Patreon here. Currently the patreon rewards are early release episodes and monthly essays from my legit smart wife, but we're planning on a patreon exclusive show soon. There is a twitter @IDLMPodcast, which is mostly shitposts and links to episodes.

The genre is...I'm not sure. We do review the Garfield strip, and in forensic detail, but we also talk about literally anything that comes to mind. Comedy? Criticism? Philosophy? Tomfoolery? I'm a comedian with a decade of experience, and my wife is a terminally online goonette (:regd04:) with A Very Good Degree in English Literature.

We release episodes every Monday. Obviously.

Beyond that, it's hard to describe. It's either a couple of smart people pretending to be stupid, or a couple of stupid people pretending to be smart. Often it's both. The in the latest episode that's available to the public, I express an interest in taking clowning lessons and then get mercilessly bodied by my wife for around five minutes. We did once have a person tell us that she had to stop listening to it in bed because it was making her shake with laughter so much it was waking her husband. That was nice. We've also had guests! Including SA's delightful Buml0r and a man who solves Rubik's cubes for a living.

Recent episodes:

Episode 35, where I express aforementioned interest in clowning, citrus fruit is consumed, and Garfield acts like a dog, that zany guy.

Episode 34, where we take a break for several days because of drilling (again, this is not an edited podcast), talk about Porkies 1 and 2, and weirdly enjoy that day's strip.

Episode 33, a rude painting of a dog, what do Transformers eat, and more Garfield.

Episode 32, another awful insight into our marriage, The Addams Family, and a comic that is significantly less than the sum of its parts.

It's all very silly, but a bunch of folks seem, to enjoy it, and I genuinely think that, once we started recording with some regularity, it became quite a charming thing to listen to. Not everyone's cup of tea, of course, but what is?

Speaking of not everyone's cup of tea, I have also released MimeCast this week. Ten minutes of miming, as a podcast. There will maybe be ten episodes of this until I get bored of it. It is deeply loving stupid and by god the very notion of it makes me laugh like a drain.

The RSS for that is here and it will be released weekly.

Here is a review from a listener that genuinely warmed my heart:

https://twitter.com/emily_wk/status/1527462962013040640

(If ~performer bona fides~ are needed, I was also Mike Crew in The Magnus Archives, which folks seem to enjoy. I just thought I was doing a favour for a mate, but it turns out that Jonny had made an entire career for himself and, if anything, he was doing a favour for me.)

Flint_Paper fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU