Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Apparently WhatsApp is in the marketplace now (though not in my region yet).

e: Spoke too soon. It's here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I am not seeing it in the marketplace. :confused:

Only there if you're on Mango beta/RTM.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

teacup posted:

I know it's gay as all hell, and was mentioned before- but with Mango out is there an app out/coming out that lets us WP7 users experience the joys of emoji smilies in our smses?

There seems to be an app that lets you copy+paste them. Doesn't sound great.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/f9e6e74f-0589-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
You could try contacting Microsoft about it, but I suspect the answer is No.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

AtomD posted:

Goon projects are like text in Metro.

I like this.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Neurophonic posted:

One of the reasons I bought into WP7 was the forthcoming Skype integration, and this still feels like nothing more than the most basic token gesture.

Don't worry. All you have to do is buy a brand new WP8 device and you'll get just that! :doh:

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Not possible with Windows Phone.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Seems it also added the ability to post photos to other people's walls as well as your own.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Anonononomous posted:

When I went to install it it told me that it wanted to use a gyroscope that I don't have. Will it still work well enough without one?

Seems to work reasonably without one on my Omnia 7.

However after spending a few minutes snapping photos, I hit the button to stitch them together and it just crashed.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Has anyone with a first-gen WP7 device managed to install the WhatsApp 1.8 update? Won't install on my Omnia 7 and I think I'm detecting a pattern in similar complaints.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Sorry, yeah. 2.8.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I find the official one decent enough these days. Its the only one I've found to do tweet threads properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is there any reason the Windows Phone Facebook app (even the beta) is so poo poo? Chatting with people on my Nexus 7 or iPod touch updates quickly and automatically. Doing the same on WP needs a manual refresh. It's like 1998 or something.

Good Enough™

• Locked thread