Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Type-Moon is basically anime Marvel/DC universe, except sort of smaller. It'd be tidier to keep the discussion in one thread, but I can see why he wouldn't want one if it would derail into ero bullcrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I asked Zorak and he said it's cool to make a UBW thread. If no one minds I'll go ahead make it.

EDIT: Unless I misread and that wasn't the issue?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Beef Waifu posted:

I asked Zorak and he said it's cool to make a UBW thread. If no one minds I'll go ahead make it.

EDIT: Unless I misread and that wasn't the issue?
It was for whether we could post a second thread for spoilers or even as a general-purpose Type-Moon one. By all means go ahead and make a regular ol' UBW thread.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
What should the thread title be? "Waver and Iskander aren't in this one"?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"I ask of you, are you my Master?"

The theoretical general would be "I ask of you, can you kill Servants?"

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Silver2195 posted:

What should the thread title be?

"I am the bone of my remake"

"My little sister couldn't possibly be a murderous sociopath"

"People still die when they are killed"

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
"Fate/Stay Night: Complaining about Cut Cooking Scenes"

Although simple might be best, so something like "Fate/Stay Night: by the makers of Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fate/Stay Night: This One Probably Won't Suck

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fate/Stay Night: Mo' Remakes, Mo' Problems

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Fate/stay night: gar for Archer

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fate/Stay Nyaight

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Fate/Stay Night: No Mollusks Allowed.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Fate/Stay Night: Basically Type Moon General.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
UBW: WE ARE THE BONES OF OUR SWORDS.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Fate/Stay Night: Mollusks and Mana Transfer

Fate/Stay Night: Misfits, Morons, and Magic

Hommando fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 20, 2014

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Derivative Works

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Hommando posted:

Fate/Stay Night: Mollusks and Mana Transfer

Fate/Stay Night: Misfits, Morons, and Magic

There needs to be some kind of dolphin reference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fate/Stay Night: Dolphin Tale 3

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Fate/ Stay Night: Unlimited Bad Words

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Fate Stay Night: Where Legendary Heroes Become Anime

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Shirou's Kitchen Nightmares

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fate/Stay Night: The Gundam Seed of Visual Novels.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Whatever the title is, a bunch of :fsn: needs to be used in the OP.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Unlimited Blade Works

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:regd08:

Just give me a new version of EMIYA and the show is a success.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Fate/Stay Night: The Gundam Seed of Visual Novels.

Pistol duels have started from less than this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

Pistol duels have started from less than this.

People who still romanticize pistol dueling can go gently caress themselves.

10 years, people.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Wark Say posted:

People who still romanticize pistol dueling can go gently caress themselves.

10 years, people.

Beep-boop, joke module offline, please call maintenance, critical autism failure.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No, I got the joke, it's just that, you know: 4th animated adaptation of material pertaining to this universe, third overall pertaining the same drat batch of characters.

Doesn't that seem like they're overdoing it? Whoever would have an interest in the source has already probably gotten into the VN at this point. I honestly think the only other thing that keeps getting beat into the ground as badly as this thing is, like, Persona 3-4.

Okay, I'm done.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wark Say posted:

No, I got the joke, it's just that, you know: 4th animated adaptation of material pertaining to this universe, third overall pertaining the same drat batch of characters.

Doesn't that seem like they're overdoing it? Whoever would have an interest in the source has already probably gotten into the VN at this point. I honestly think the only other thing that keeps getting beat into the ground as badly as this thing is, like, Persona 3-4.

Okay, I'm done.

FSN's never been adapted before so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

F/SN has been adapted by DEEN several times but both of these anime were poo poo so I'm very glad they're getting an adaptation made by Ufotable.

And it's not even the 4th Type-Moon universe anime; apart from DEEN's F/SN there's F/Z, 9 movies of Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime (this doesn't exist), Carnival Phantasm and probably some others.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

KaneTW posted:

F/SN has been adapted by DEEN several times but both of these anime were poo poo

:thejoke:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I guess that's what happens when the pot calls the kettle black.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"
This thread also serves as a kind of general Type Moon thread, correct? I just finished watching Kara no Kyoukai, and was wondering if there was anything else that Nasu has done which is similar. If it helps, I liked the "Urobuchiesque" parts the most, with Remaining Sense of Pain being my favourite movie of the bunch.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mahoutsukai no Yoru, probably. If it ever gets translated. Heaven's Feel if for some reason you never read it.

You watched Mirai Fukuin right? A much better ending than that weird epilogue movie.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Nate RFB posted:

Mahoutsukai no Yoru, probably. If it ever gets translated. Heaven's Feel if for some reason you never read it.

You watched Mirai Fukuin right? A much better ending than that weird epilogue movie.

Ah, no, wasn't aware of it. I'll have to check it out, thanks! (Do I need to spoiler this stuff? Going to play it safe anyway.) That epilogue was kind of strange, yeah, a half hour dialogue to end the series...Didn't work so well, especially with how esoteric it was. Really should have ended with them walking under the cherry blossoms.

Lord Justice fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 21, 2014

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kara no Kyoukai is probably my favorite series, and I rewatched Mirai Fukuin several times. Apart from that, 5 (Paradox Spiral) was probably my favorite.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Kara no Kyoukai is probably my favorite series, and I rewatched Mirai Fukuin several times. Apart from that, 5 (Paradox Spiral) was probably my favorite.

I really liked that one as well, but i mostly liked how batshit and surreal the whole thing was.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

KaneTW posted:

Same, I am a huge nerd for Kara no Kyoukai. You could clearly tell it's Nasu's most pretentious and yet most grounded work and it helps that Shiki Ryougi is one of my favorite female protagonists of the Type Moon universe. (Although she has Tohno and Shirou to go up against and that's no competition.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shiro's loving awesome.

• Locked thread