Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Libluini posted:

I knew some guys who tried something like this. But they did a speedrun, where you replace "beer" with "vodka" and "24 bottles" with "bis der Arzt kommt"

one of them ended up in hospital twice doing this stunt :shepface:

Something something ocarina of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

niethan posted:

In my youth we used to talk about drinking a 24 bottle kasten in 24 hours. I don't think we ever attempted it.

My hometown had/has a delightful tradition of the Kastenlauf, where teams of young try to make their way around a lake as fast as possible while carrying and emptying a 24 kasten of beer. So that's 24 bottles divided by 3-4 people over the course of a couple of hours. Apparently picking out the right times to puke was a major part of the winning strategy. :shepface:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

so to keep safe, you'd need to reduce your beer flow to about 1l per hour

Nah, otherwise the people at Oktoberfest would all have superhuman metabolism on order to survive 3 or 4 mass in just a many hours.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

niethan posted:

In my youth we used to talk about drinking a 24 bottle kasten in 24 hours. I don't think we ever attempted it.

we did a bottle of vodka each for vorglühen and then a few beers while partying. Only works when under 20 imo

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Perestroika posted:

My hometown had/has a delightful tradition of the Kastenlauf, where teams of young try to make their way around a lake as fast as possible while carrying and emptying a 24 kasten of beer. So that's 24 bottles divided by 3-4 people over the course of a couple of hours. Apparently picking out the right times to puke was a major part of the winning strategy. :shepface:

Yeah, we have that too here.

Kastenlauf has its own wiki entry, lol.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kastenlauf

No deaths, only one Querschnittslähmung so far.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 14, 2024

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Apropos

https://twitter.com/NancyFaeser/status/1778849826630734105

Thank god the extra big coalition of Ampel in Bund and Nazi-Wegner in Berlin managed to prevent this hate event organised by known islamist extremists like *checks notes* Jüdische Stimme, Diem 25 (led by known greek islamist Varoufakis!), Revolutionäre Linke etc...

The Rechtsstaat refused into Germany entry for this terrorist sympathizer, too

https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1778833249529201023

Thank god the Berlin police is checking contents of speeches before they are allowed to be given!

https://twitter.com/PolizeiBerlin_E/status/1778799712822247437

Sadly there was some unfortunate Beifang, but I am sure someone like Volker Beck can do some analysis and check whether this was even real jews!

https://x.com/derJamesJackson/status/1778752675259048037

P.S.:

https://x.com/JasoUlfat/status/1778906466713231562

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Nah, otherwise the people at Oktoberfest would all have superhuman metabolism on order to survive 3 or 4 mass in just a many hours.

Huh? Wikipedia tells me 1 Maß Bier is 1l beer, so "3 or 4 Maß" in "just as many hours" is just 1l per hour, which is exactly what I said.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Spice World War II posted:

Apropos

https://twitter.com/NancyFaeser/status/1778849826630734105

Thank god the extra big coalition of Ampel in Bund and Nazi-Wegner in Berlin managed to prevent this hate event organised by known islamist extremists like *checks notes* Jüdische Stimme, Diem 25 (led by known greek islamist Varoufakis!), Revolutionäre Linke etc...

The Rechtsstaat refused into Germany entry for this terrorist sympathizer, too

https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1778833249529201023

Thank god the Berlin police is checking contents of speeches before they are allowed to be given!

https://twitter.com/PolizeiBerlin_E/status/1778799712822247437

Sadly there was some unfortunate Beifang, but I am sure someone like Volker Beck can do some analysis and check whether this was even real jews!

https://x.com/derJamesJackson/status/1778752675259048037

P.S.:

https://x.com/JasoUlfat/status/1778906466713231562

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
We will always be on the wrong side of history. That's just German nature.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Eezee posted:

We will always be on the wrong side of history. That's just German nature.

Even during the cold war!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Well, that's cheating though

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Nenonen posted:

Which of the two Germanys was on the "wrong side of history" answer quickly...

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Both :smugdog:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Huh? Wikipedia tells me 1 Maß Bier is 1l beer, so "3 or 4 Maß" in "just as many hours" is just 1l per hour, which is exactly what I said.

Yeah sorry. I ment 4 maß in 3 hours.

I guess the thing is you can do it as long as you dont exceed massive amounts of liquid. Years ago I once had 6 maß in under 5h. It was only because I went to Oktoberfest with 12 English friends used to round buying. So the beer never stopped coming.

Wasn't feeling too bad the next day to be honest but I wouldn't do it again. Especially not with 20 years of additional age under my belt. Or should I say over...Bavarians with beginning personal Paulanerkasten represent.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 14, 2024

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Yeah sorry. I ment 4 maß in 3 hours.

I guess the thing is you can do it as long as you dont exceed massive amounts of liquid. Years ago I once had 6 maß in under 5h. It was only because I went to Oktoberfest with 12 English friends used to round buying. So the beer never stopped coming.

Wasn't feeling too bad the next day to be honest but I wouldn't do it again. Especially not with 20 years of additional age under my belt. Or should I say over...Bavarians with beginning personal Paulanerkasten represent.

I'm guessing the combination of lots of pissing and beershitting managed to drop the liquid in your body below dangerous levels, but I'm mentally wincing at the beating your kidneys must have taken.

It's possible they suffered more than your liver.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah not something I recommend. Luckily I was never a fan of Oktoberfest so it was a unique event. I guess it helped doing red cross duty there for all these years. Shows you what you don't want to end up like.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

So I was watching this Phoenix documentary about the Bundeswehr Einsatz in Mali and there was this soldier they interviewed named Alex, a bayerischer Gebirgsjäger that's supposed to support the rest of the troops getting back home before the end of 2023 and there was this scene with this poster in the back and I'm like

And I googled and asked around what Neukrank means and apparently it does mean to meld yourself krank at the Truppenarzt and I'm absolutely giggling over the fact he put this onto the wall for the camera team, or didn't even think about putting it down alternatively

I feel so beschützt from our boys and girls right now

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Now factor in it takes on average 7 or was it 9 Bundeswehrpersonal working here just to support 1 guy being abroad.

There are not many protecting you atm, most are working admin.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The majority of any force aren't front line troops. That's kind of universal.

Anyway, in my office there's a sign reminding you to git add; git commit -m ""; git push; before leaving during a fire alarm.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Antigravitas posted:

The majority of any force aren't front line troops. That's kind of universal.

Anyway, in my office there's a sign reminding you to git add; git commit -m ""; git push; before leaving during a fire alarm.
Haha sorry you were still on the master branch because you forgot to create a new branch, and your push was rejected.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

Goons Are Gifts posted:

So I was watching this Phoenix documentary about the Bundeswehr Einsatz in Mali and there was this soldier they interviewed named Alex, a bayerischer Gebirgsjäger that's supposed to support the rest of the troops getting back home before the end of 2023 and there was this scene with this poster in the back and I'm like

And I googled and asked around what Neukrank means and apparently it does mean to meld yourself krank at the Truppenarzt and I'm absolutely giggling over the fact he put this onto the wall for the camera team, or didn't even think about putting it down alternatively

I feel so beschützt from our boys and girls right now

Schön Kriegsdienst verweigern, Wehrdienst abschaffen, Wehretat einstampfen, sich beschweren das am schluss angeblich nur noch rechtsradikale in der Bundeswehr übrig bleiben und sich dann noch drüber lustig machen nur weil einer ein lustiges poster aufhängt. Wasch mich aber mach mich nicht nass!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Cantide posted:

Schön Kriegsdienst verweigern, Wehrdienst abschaffen, Wehretat einstampfen, sich beschweren das am schluss angeblich nur noch rechtsradikale in der Bundeswehr übrig bleiben und sich dann noch drüber lustig machen nur weil einer ein lustiges poster aufhängt. Wasch mich aber mach mich nicht nass!
Armee ist scheiße op

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cantide posted:

Wouldn't ask the Bundeswehr to wasch me, they probably outsourced that capability on advice from one of von der Leyen's MCKinsey brats

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

genericnick posted:

Wouldn't ask the Bundeswehr to wasch me, they probably outsourced that capability on advice from one of von der Leyen's MCKinsey brats

Waschen used to be Zivi-work, I'm sure Inklusion has solved the need for it.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

Cantide posted:

I hope that this post is ironic op, otherwise you are very stupid

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Cantide posted:

Hamse jedient?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_BHbCwbUQ

Was hat der Lauterbach mir da ins Gras gemischt?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Antigravitas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_BHbCwbUQ

Was hat der Lauterbach mir da ins Gras gemischt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsdmqtuPEZE

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

New Alan Wake game looking good

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Cantide posted:

I'm am deeply and actual sorry, op, but not only didn't I do any of these things, but it wasn't even my intention to make fun about the guy, the Bund or the poster. I actually genuinely found this funny poster, as you said, funny, and wanted to share it with my German goon friends in the German goon thread.
Sorry to say, I am not the Deutsche Bundesregierung, or responsible for any Wehretat, even though my SA profile clearly indicates that I am.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goons Are Gifts posted:

I'm am deeply and actual sorry, op, but not only didn't I do any of these things, but it wasn't even my intention to make fun about the guy, the Bund or the poster. I actually genuinely found this funny poster, as you said, funny, and wanted to share it with my German goon friends in the German goon thread.
Sorry to say, I am not the Deutsche Bundesregierung, or responsible for any Wehretat, even though my SA profile clearly indicates that I am.

I forgive you

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Fun? In my Germany Thread?

what's next, jokes??

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Anzeige ist raus.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Da hätt er sich mal besser Neukrank gemeldet...

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Ich hatts ja geahnt... :ohdear:

Da kommst einmal mit Hosenanzug, voller Mutti Aufmachung und Uckermark-Wahlkreis in den Schland-Faden deiner Wahl, schon verwechselt man dich mit der gesamten bundesdeutschen Verteidigungspolitik der letzten 25 Jahre. Typisch!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
According to the media, Uckermark is like 99,9% Nazis and Russian spies.

Wait, where the gently caress is the Uckermark eigentlich? *looks up Uckermark on Goodlemaps* Uhh... Ost-Brandenburg? Well, dass erklärt alles