Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I doubt we’ll see or hear Dave Foley, Ron Perlman, or Matthew Perry but that would be neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Cat Hassler posted:

I doubt we’ll see or hear Dave Foley, Ron Perlman, or Matthew Perry but that would be neat

Got some bad news about one of those guys….

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What in the goddamn...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i would stand up and clap if they got the original voice actor for Benny

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Could i be any more ring a ding dead?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The gently caress??? :smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Someone never took the Black Widow perk option.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I was waiting the entire show for Ron Perlman to pop up with War... and it just never happened.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New sunburst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I20FMAYZn8

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The grate slamming shut on the Sentry bot. :discourse:

E: I really hope we see the Rangers take on the bots!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Planning on doing all the DLC’s before any major story advancement cause i want to see the dialogue options amongst the big players.

Starting with Honest hearts and drat the environment looks so nice,real lush.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Planning on doing all the DLC’s before any major story advancement cause i want to see the dialogue options amongst the big players.

Starting with Honest hearts and drat the environment looks so nice,real lush.

The dlcs don't affect the main game dialogue-wise. It's the single biggest Porblem of the game, really.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah there's a lot of technical limitations with the DLCs, I think the only thing that affects the main game is you can have a brief chat with Veronica about Dead Money but that was planned ahead of time and shipped with the base game (masquerading as cut content). They're all at least worth playing though

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Byzantine posted:

The dlcs don't affect the main game dialogue-wise. It's the single biggest Porblem of the game, really.

Aw poo poo seriously,wanted to mention joshua to caesar before i ended him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aw poo poo seriously,wanted to mention joshua to caesar before i ended him.

You can mention base game developments to a few characters in the DLCs. Joshua reacts if you talk to him about Caesar, same with Ulysses in Lonesome Road.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The worst example is not being able to mention Christine to Veronica. Real shame

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This is my build for a character that I plan to use to explore everywhere and kill all the legendary creatures in the game. My main weapon is the Riot Shotgun. With Trigger Discipline, the Riot shotgun has 3.2 attacks per second and a spread of 2. With Fast Shot, the upgraded Hunting Shotgun has 2 attacks per second and a spread of 1.2. However, the Riot Shotgun reloads twice as fast as the upgraded Hunting Shotgun, so that's my preference.

S: 5
P: 5
E: 7
C: 1
I: 8
A: 6
L: 8

Trigger Discipline
Built To Destroy

Tag: Guns, Speech, Survival

My goal is to quickly get 60 Speech, 50 Survival, 50 Lockpick, and 50 Science, as well as hitting all the skill requirements for my perks.

Perks: (I'm using JSawyer, which affects some of the melee-based perk requirements, and sets the max level to 35)

Rapid Reload
Travel Light (45 Survival)
Shotgun Surgeon (45 Guns)
Super Slam (45 Melee) (I'll buy the strength implant before this level)
And Stay Back (70 Guns)
Light Touch (45 Repair) (This makes you completely immune to enemy critical hits)
Chemist (60 Medicine)
Better Criticals
Finesse
Jury Rigging (90 Repair)
Pack Rat (70 Barter)
Slayer (90 Melee)
Piercing Strike? (Melee is fun, but this might be overkill for a secondary weapon)
Living Anatomy? (I like seeing enemy HP but this isn't necessary)
Implant GRX
Implant GRX 2
Just Lucky I’m Alive

I think it's possible to wear the Spacesuit Helmet, Atomic Tri-Radii-Oscillator, and Ulysses' Mask simultaneously, so I'll try that, with Ulysses' Duster as my clothing. With subdermal armor, Spineless, and Big Brained, I'll have 34 Damage Threshold, enough to resist even a 12.7mm submachine gun.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I know ropekids mod is a lot harder but tbh once you get both shotgun perks you've basically won the game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

DaysBefore posted:

I know ropekids mod is a lot harder but tbh once you get both shotgun perks you've basically won the game

It's honestly not that hard, just different.

I'm having a way harder time on Fallout 4 Survival.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fallout 4 survival mode is brutal

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

TGG posted:

I was waiting the entire show for Ron Perlman to pop up with War... and it just never happened.

I think he has a contractual obligation to appear in however many installments of the games (which he doesn't like) come out, but probably not for the TV show.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

RandolphCarter posted:

Fallout 4 survival mode is brutal

Once you get past the brutality its mostly boring because respawns are so rare and fast travel disabled that you'll spend like 70% of the time backtracking through empty streets to whatever settlement or quest marker is there

Skyrim survival mode is the same way, Bethesda is absolutely incapable of making a game that is interesting without fast travel lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I like playing FNV and Fallout 4 like roguelikes. In Fallout 4, I probably die in the first hour with 50% of my characters. After that, I'm in good shape until I run into someone with a Fat Man. In New Vegas, my cause of death is usually deathclaws or high-level Legionaries.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
The games are designed for fast travel, they never should have had the option to turn it off.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Why doesn't the Courier just mail himself to Vegas?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Prokosch posted:

The games are designed for fast travel, they never should have had the option to turn it off.

Nah, on survival having fast travel off is cool and good. Particularly fallout 4, wandering around point to point becomes the point. You don't want to do the main quest line though, but with fallout 4 that's pretty preferable anyway. Fallout 4 map is actually really good for wandering about in. Other parts of the game can have pretty variable quality but the map's pretty drat good.

Vegas some parts of the map are a bit sparse, but I still do like to not fast travel at the start of any play through. Usually when I start fast travelling a lot in vegas is when I know I'm probably getting pretty much done with a play through and I'm just starting to wrap it up.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I got the urge to get back into New Vegas. I grabbed some mods and their dependencies, and the game was running fine when launching with MO2. So I added a few more and it started crashing. So I removed those mods and tried again. It crashes. So I removed all of the mods and it still crashes if I run it through MO2, but not when I launch it normally from Steam.

I haven't had this issue before, so I'm not sure what the problem might be. What has happened in my MO2 that is causing F:NV to crash? Sometimes it crashes after a few seconds of gameplay, and sometimes it crashes before it even gets to the start menu. Did the NVSE somehow get corrupted?

edit: Thinking out loud like this, I launched New Vegas normally without NVSE in MO2 and it seems to be working fine, but the instant I try to launch it with NVSE now it crashes. So it does seem like something mucked up NVSE?

edit 2: Well, I replaced NVSE with a fresh copy and the crash still happens.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 28, 2024

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Hard to tell without more data. What's in your load order? Does it crash with a clean modlist (only official files?)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Honest hearts was ok but had problems.

No good trading,you can only trade with joshua and daniel who barely have any caps,which means you’ll be racking up items.

Followers leaving you and dumping all their items on you.

The final battle has you run across the map and stops you from fast travelling there,then the actual final fight sucks and the choice of fighting or escaping had no impact.

Great map,really liked the “father” story.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

oh jay posted:

Why doesn't the Courier just mail himself to Vegas?

You need to interact with a Mojave express drop box before you can mail items to that location.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Fallout 4 map is actually really good for wandering about in.

It's a good map with cool landmarks where nothing interesting is happening.

Like, in New Vegas you can find an underground fighting ring, and you can gamble on it and do quests and stuff.

In 4 you find an underground fighting ring and they just attack you and it's basically the same as any raider den. Or you find a robot race track and they attack you and it's basically the same as any factory.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

4 is oddly lobotomized even compared to 3

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RangerKarl posted:

Hard to tell without more data. What's in your load order? Does it crash with a clean modlist (only official files?)

Is there a button to just export the load order in a text file?

I removed all the mods so it was just official files, and made sure the overwrite folder was empty. Mod Organizer said there was no conflicts or other concerns, and New Vegas still crashed when I used NVSE. I updated MO2, and the crash continues. If I use the nvse_loader.exe on its own, outside of MO2, it's not crashing.

Could it be an INI error somewhere?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 28, 2024

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

You need to interact with a Mojave express drop box before you can mail items to that location.

Obviously, I'd ask Johnson Nash to shove me in there.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Chamale posted:

I like playing FNV and Fallout 4 like roguelikes. In Fallout 4, I probably die in the first hour with 50% of my characters. After that, I'm in good shape until I run into someone with a Fat Man. In New Vegas, my cause of death is usually deathclaws or high-level Legionaries.

Reach a point in New Vegas where you start feeling invincible and then the Legion hit squad shows up to remind you of your place

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Reach a point in New Vegas where you start feeling invincible and then the Legion hit squad shows up to remind you of your place

Don't threaten me with a good time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My legate told me couriers keep eating his assassin squads so I asked how many squads he has and he said he just goes to the camp and gets a new squad afterwards so I said it sounds like he’s just feeding assassins to the courier and then Vulpes started crying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DaysBefore posted:

That place being on a cross.

Luckily their thermic lances make great cross building material.

For them.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Something has happened mod wise that means legion assassins run up to me (not hostile) and then either stand still or run away at lightning speed.

I am (not in any way connected) suddenly very rich and full of weapons and legion denarius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

steinrokkan posted:

My legate told me couriers keep eating his assassin squads so I asked how many squads he has and he said he just goes to the camp and gets a new squad afterwards so I said it sounds like he’s just feeding assassins to the courier and then Vulpes started crying.

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

dr_rat posted:

Nah, on survival having fast travel off is cool and good. Particularly fallout 4, wandering around point to point becomes the point. You don't want to do the main quest line though, but with fallout 4 that's pretty preferable anyway. Fallout 4 map is actually really good for wandering about in. Other parts of the game can have pretty variable quality but the map's pretty drat good.

Vegas some parts of the map are a bit sparse, but I still do like to not fast travel at the start of any play through. Usually when I start fast travelling a lot in vegas is when I know I'm probably getting pretty much done with a play through and I'm just starting to wrap it up.

disagree because there's really not enough going on in any one part of F4's map, any quest can send you halfway across the map and spawns are actually slowed so much by survival mode that you're inevitably walking through the same empty areas to sell/drop off loot/etc, especially because your carry weight is halved. and sure you could just not pick up all the loot but if you're doing not stashing loot and you're not doing quests what else is there in a bethesda game lol

I do try not to use fast travel too much in any game though, I kinda try to treat it like Morrowind where you could only fast travel between towns/etc, though I did relent and use it in FNV after spending 30+ minutes navigating around invisible walls to explore the Searchlight airport and Cottonwood crater and finding absolutely nothing of value