Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I'm guessing most players still haven't noticed there are sewers under New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

Yeah, Courier's Stash is pretty broken because it gives you all those fully repaired weapons and armor. If you don't want to use them, just toss the items off a cliff or something.

Or just delete the three files per pre-order bonus so you don't get the ones you don't want in the first place.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Even though existing Fallout setting and lore leans heavily on US, I hope next Fallout game won't even be on the same continent. Something like Fallout: Oslo, Fallout: Moscow or Fallout: Tokyo would make much more interesting alternatives than the same old.

And yes. I'm aware that Fallout: Tokyo would bring Nexus to a whole new level of terrible.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Every time this is raised (constantly) we have the same debate. I believe that Fallout isn't Fallout without the blasted USA to play in. The whole heart of the game is this 1950's understanding of what it was to be American and the ideals associated with that. I'm not and do not wish to be an American, but what makes Fallout special and the setting vibrant is the golden age American dream background before everything went to poo poo.

Fallout in any of those three given locations would be boring for me. I don't play because it's a random post-nuclear game I play because it's Fallout.

e: this is written in a really ugly way, but I think people will understand what I mean

I get what you're saying. But still, the whole American dream thing has been nearly ran to the ground by the numerous Fallout games that have been released by now. I really wouldn't mind seeing something else for a change. I love Fallout as much as the next guy who doesn't have a lovely taste in games, but Fallout games are still getting to the stage of "oh, it's this again" for me.

Of course, it's very obvious the setting change isn't happening. No developer is going to go through the trouble of creating that much new content and lore when they can just slap their new Fallout game into the existing US setting and still make money.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Graviija posted:

Haha, I'm still laughing at the possibility of "Fallout: Oslo" mentioned a couple pages back.

I bet it would be the best selling FO game in Norway by quite a margin, if nothing else.

Fjords, smalehovud and post-apocalyptic viking cults :black101:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Doug Lombardi posted:

Fallout: <The Place Where I Live> would be great it would have <Thing My Place is Famous For> and <Inside Joke> Watch out for the mutated <Local Or Historical Animal>

I don't live in any of the cities or countries I suggested. I'd still find them to be a few dozen times more interesting than America though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

turboraton posted:

Totally unrelated to Fallout but... guys I have never played Arcanum but I have heard MANY good things about the game. Should I play it or has the game aged badly?

If the graphics don't bother you, it's still one of the best rpgs on PC. There was a thread some months back and apparently it's still around. Since it's on GoG, it's pretty easy to play even on modern puters. There are some crashes but this game always was buggy.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah, it should be mentioned about Arcanum that the combat can be brutally hard if you don't make a mage. I liked it though, but it's a matter of taste whether you like the asspoundingly hard older rpgs or how games are mostly made these days:

Jerusalem posted:

Wow, coming out of Old World Blues back to the Mojave makes me appreciate the enemies there so much more. Walk into an ambush? 5 unanswered shots later your enemies are lying dead around you and you're calmly reloading and wondering what to do with all your extra bullets.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

henpod posted:

Is there a normal quest route to this, or do you have to go find the place and take their quests?

Pretty sure it's the latter, unless NCR has something special to point towards it. I've never sided with them so dunno.

quote:

I am near the end of the gay and I cant shake the feeling I am missing out on shitloads of content. I feel stupid for killing Ceaser very early on because his attitude was pissing me off.

I think you should just take your time enjoying and exploring the gay, don't rush to the finish.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Scissorfighter posted:

Good luck, the end of the gay is the hardest part!

There's like six dudes working on you at the same time. poo poo gets brutal :gonk:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

It doesn't make sense to have one option so much better than the other without a check on it, so was this changed in a patch or something?

It's a roleplaying game. Not everything has to be balanced to a tee.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Did JSawyer mod reduce the weight you can lug along into the Honest Hearts DLC area? Gonna do that later today, yesterday I was pretty smug when I realized I don't even need to leave anything behind if the carry limit is same as originally.

But I figure ^ that guy probably went full assmode and reduced the limit to 15 or something.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

rope kid posted:

Yes. I don't remember the new limits, but it's roughly proportional to the overall lower weight limits.

Mmm... well I don't think that change is working then. I didn't exactly test it much but when I got there, the quest said 75 pounds. I talked to Ricky and then the quest said 100 pounds. Went in with about 80.

That's with the latest version of the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Gynovore posted:

For new players, assloads of solid advice here.

First point was "- Don't Bother With Hardcore Mode.", didn't read rest. No one should.