Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Ploughing through all the DLC and some new mods now, and I got to say I still love this game.

Though the collar mechanics in Dead Money got old in five minutes.

I'm seriously pumped to play the other three DLC though. My only ah, problem with the new Mods as all the female freaks have the dirty tanned freak dude head on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Favourite perk of the moment, Sneering Imperialist. That art might be a new avatar at some point for me.

Shame there is no Mod for the uniform though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

I got to Vault 22 last night. gently caress that place so hard! :gonk:

I also was originally planing to not take any companions and just be a loner. But I recruited Cass to hand over the Energy Weapon dealers in Freeside and I just couldn't do it. So I guess I'm stuck with her.

You know, you can work with Cass to set up the guys at the Silver Rush and take them down too right? Do so.

And all that laser gun booty is yours!

Kinda sad how your Honest Hearts Companions don't turn up again when you leave too. I got attached to Dino and Dog.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

When Cass said we should kill them all I agreed. So I guess eventually were gonna have to charge in and just kill them all.

Throw Cass some good armour and let the good times commence!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm gonna get the GUNZ DLC simply because I got the spare change for it. I'm kind of hoping though they'd do a loose ends minor quest DLC that continues the game after the main storyline for a few more missions and just a general look on how your choices turned out for the Mojave.

Doubt it'd happen though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love how Old World Blues has pretty much Rusty Venture, Arrogant Jonas Venture and whacked out Jonas Venture all screaming and being sarcastic at you.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

rope kid posted:

The Sharpe's series was used as one reference for the artist who made the perk icon (Brian Menze).

I've got some of the old books from my old man, I expect I can find the exact pose in the cover art too.

Do any Goons do clothing mods for this game?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Buy them in order they were released.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Wait, isn't the Mysterious Stranger that perk where the dude shows up in VATS some times to help you? Why would he shoot you?

I guess it is because that fellow with the guitar is his kid?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Muggy as a companion would be fantastic. No idea how Toaster would work, though. Maybe you could carry him in your inventory and he'd make smart rear end remarks and offer motivational support?

Use him as a melee weapon/crude flame thrower that can be upgraded by Raoul?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Nothing to do with New Vegas but I saw this on Rock Paper Shotgun and had to share it. Not only does Interplay apparently still exist, but they just won the rights from Bethesda to create a Fallout MMO: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/26/bethesda-barred-from-barring-fallout-mmo/

Interplay? MMO? What??

There has been a Fallout MMO in the works for at least over a year now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

According to a link in the article its been underway since 2006.

Really? I'm glad Interplay won the rights really, after Fallout New Vegas Fallout 3 and its DLC really do look inferior to the whole series in quite a few respects now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pfffft morals? I had room in my guys pockets for at least two bars. There was no way Eijah was going to live after all that poo poo with the speakers and holograms I went through.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thing Fish posted:

Jesus. Seriously? I've never done this, how do I assign hotkeys?

Hold down a number key and select a item you want to assign it to with the Pipboy, all but 2 which switches ammo types on the fly can be used.

I roughed the entire of Fallout 3 without knowing this.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

MadPierrot posted:

The more I think about it the more I think Dead Money would have been better if it hadn't been permanently enshrouded in that horrible fog. I thought the setting was really interesting and the story compelling, I just couldn't really enjoy either of them fully because of how muddy everything was all the time.

Somebody should throw up a gas masks or visors mod or something that doesn't make the fog as half bad as it damage wise or something.

I'm quite surprised there wasn't a unique gas mask for DM.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sardikar posted:

I was under the impression it was a nano-tech cloud...thing.

We should stop here really, Fallout Science is a special kind of science.

Science of GIANT ROBOT SCORPIAN!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

MadPierrot posted:

It certainly made fighting the Ghost People more suspenseful but after running around in the villa for several hours I was really hoping for a climate that wasn't "purple and dark."

Also, killing Ghost People got old as there was only two types.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Three, kinda. And speaking of which, I think there was a bug involving the exploding canisters that the one type had. Dean straight up tells you "aim for the canisters and blow them to hell" and even with 100 points into guns and standing right next to them I could not hit the canisters. I tried spraying them with bullets outside of VATS and targeting it from two feet away within VATS and nothing. Miss, miss, miss every time.

Yeah, those tanks are pretty glitchy. I do love the Police Colt though, so I can go TRUE POLICE STORIES on their asses instead.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Three, I think - the ones with the spears, the ones with the bear trap fists, and the ones with the OH GOD EXPLOSION AND NOW I'M ON FIRE

But yeah, I agree that killing the same enemies over and over got a bit old after a while. Definitely could've used some diversity there.

I would have thrown in some Ghouls and some The Master era Super Mutant hold outs, to spice things up.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

My best friend is an idiot who still won't play Fallout New Vegas for PC or X-Box 360.

He still is thinking like a fifteen year old and that FF7 (top notch JRPG, but come ON!) is the best RPG ever maaaaan. Weirdest thing is he saw the trailers for this game and got all pumped up then lost interest.

I wish I had a best friend who liked this game as much as me :smith:.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Here's what you do. Get a sock, write 'Fallout: New Vegas' on it. Fill the sock with a couple of bars of soap. Beat your friend with it until he comes to his senses.

Dude has a heart of gold, he needs a soap beating though I agree. He owes me at least for going halfsies on that pile of linear poo poo known as Final Fantasy XIII.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

vandalism posted:

I'm trying to make a melee dude but I just can't do it. I tried in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, and now. I can't do it. The temptation to pick up a gun always overpowers me. I did use some console commands to make a guy level 40 and give him the energy swords and all the perks and poo poo and it was pretty fun. I just don't know what it is but that kind of thing seems like a gimmick. I may try lasers, especially now since the GRA added some really cool energy weapons.

I don't know, my playstyle has always been a guns guy. Snipers and shotguns are both hilariously awesome.

Put points in unarmed too, and find Pushy. I had hella fun being a big melee lunk kind of guy. You get all smug in the moments where NPC's attempt to set your weaponless rear end up.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I bought this game brand new at release prices for a friend of mine who isn't a hardcore gamer but loves pc RPGs (Arcanum is his favorite game ever). He played for about five minutes and then said he was too confused to continue and never even attempted to play it again :(

This really is depressing, FNV is detailed as gently caress and fun to play and some people don't click. I think my friend isn't too enthusiastic about the optional fifties soundtrack and styling too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I need an adult. :gonk:

Embrace the love, baby.

So, does anyone have a MP3 of the really sweet and sad music that plays at the end of every DLC and the game itself?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hank Morgan posted:

Look inside your [new vegas folder]\data\music\special folder if you're on PC.

Oh brilliant, have a mug.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Can we pretend that Mothership Zeta isn't canon at least? such a dumb DLC.

Also, I am bros with The King. I just wish FOOK worked on some more Elvis themed clothes and weaponry dammit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

"Hey Steve, this Fallout thing has a decades worth a back story!"
"Great, we can use it as toilet paper!"
"Now we can develop some DLC for more coke money!"

And thats how Mothership Zeta was born.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The worst part about The Pitt is I can't bring myself to NOT choose the slaver. Seriously, I understand slavery is bad but you're out of your loving mind if you think I'll kidnap a child, kill his parents and take him to a make shift lab in a loving infested steel yard.

But inbred Snake Pliskin wants to know how babby is made!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So rope kid do you know how well the DLC sales for FNV are in general numbers wise at all?

Since they pushed out GRA it must mean they are looking into doing one or two more unless all the stuff in GRA was stuff that didn't make it to the final release last year?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

HoveringCheesecake posted:

I read somewhere that the last guy working on New Vegas moved onto their next project after GRA was released. In other words, if anything is still broken or bugged, it'll never be fixed.

But rope kid will know for sure.

Aww, my dreams of a Legion expansion DLC is uttery crushed. Oh welp, mods!

Anyways just started Honest Heats (one more DLC to go after this) and I have to say Joshua playing with his guns is a hypnotic animation.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dush posted:

edit: This all just underlines the need for a solid, decent Legion companion. A face and a mouthpiece for the Legion who can be aggressive to enemies but not a complete jackhole to everybody you encounter. The possibilities.

Fallout parodies of Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I suppose they could try and find a place to do in the Midwest?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

The lost city of Atlanta. (actually New Orleans would be really cool because it'd be like Venice by the time of the Fallout future)

The antagonist of course is the magician!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Whatever they do in the next Fallout I honestly hope a different engine is used and if not for the love of God get rid of all of the invisible walls. Fallout 3 didn't have that problem but it's loving ridiculous how many invisible walls there are in New Vegas.

Here loving here. Just hope the next engine they pick is going to allow another GECK, I hate it when game licences pick engines that can't be modded.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The next Fallout should be set in Iceland.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Or put it like this: If Fallout strays too far from the original design path poo poo like this happens.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bobfly posted:

I could be a cowboy ninja! It's like being 10 again!

Thanks. I was mostly wondering if you needed massive armour to stand a chance at succeeding in close combat. Incidentally, is there a cheesy stealth armour equivalent in this game? Or if not, how realistic is sneak attacking dudes from melee?

Here is a mod I think you will like. If you can, try and fiddle with the GECK so you can wear the mask and a cowboy hat at the same time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

boo_radley posted:

I like how the mod gives you a spiny ridge :3: Rarrr! I'm a ninja dino.

Apparently, despite the awesome throwing stars those Ninjas are allergic to Plasma death.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Those NCR farms must be loving terrible if they all scramble to attack a robot carrying some insta-mash.

It is like some perverse reversal of the old SMASH advertisements from the seventies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Anyone else noticed that the guy at the Gun Runners Booth Reloading Bench just ups and vanishes once you arrive at the place for the first time?