Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

So I had a weird bug pop up recently. I had just told Ambassador Crocker about getting the Boomers on the NCR's side (which bumped my NCR reputation up to "Liked") when an MP comes running into the room and tells me that I shouldn't have hosed with the NCR. After this, him and every single person in the NCR embassy goes hostile to me. I haven't ever hurt the NCR, so how did this happen? And is there any way to prevent it?

Same thing happened to me, I reloaded an earlier save and after talking to Crocker I left the building as fast as I could and there was the MP out there, but instead of becoming aggressive he asked what did I want and just stood there, so I stealth killed him. :iiam:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Wait. What vault? I don't know of any powder ganger vault. I must know!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

boneration posted:

I am stupid and don't understand the faction/fame bullshit system. I was all idolized or whatever by the NCR and then I accidentally shot Keller in the face a few times and boom! Sudddenly I am at "mixed" standing and Contreras is giving me lip about how he won't gimme no discount on account of I am an rear end in a top hat. I have since then done a ton of NCR poo poo and gained fame for those nancy assholes but it stays at Mixed. Is it just that I gotta do a lotta poo poo or is it that once I am at some lower level I am hosed forevermore?

Is Keller that guy at Miguel's Pawn Shop? If so he is actually an undercover NCR agent trying to bust Contreras. I think what you need to do is if you have an earlier save before you killed Keller, load that talk to Keller, then talk to Contreras and then stealth kill Keller or have him shoot first, so you don't lose NCR rep.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

boneration posted:

Yeah I was unclear; when I said accidentally I meant straight up on purpose. I am not worried about how I handled the quest, I just wanna know if my rep will ever rise above Mixed if I keep doing NCR work or if it gets locked at a certain level if you are too much of a dickhead.

I don't know, have you been asked to go see Ambassador Crocker yet? Doing that should reset your rep and if you continue along the NCR questline you should be back to a positive rep by the end of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

How would I go using the console to make him spawn on the Mormon Fort properly?
Go to the Mormon Fort and type in "prid 0010d8eb" then "moveto player", without quotations of course.

Also can someone tell me why Walter Phebus disappears at the end of Pheeble Will? I killed Ted Gunderson and when I go out there to tell him he's not there, the map marker says he is, but I don't see him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Democrazy posted:

Okay guys, I went to Vault 3 and had to go back because I couldn't pass the speech check (low charisma character), and then went back with Great Khan clothing, thinking that I could get into the Vault that way (since that's how I have gotten into the vault in previous games). However, the Fiends there are still hostile to me and I can't engage in dialogue anymore. Is there anything I can do to keep the fiends friendly with me, or am I forced to kill them all?

You can still talk to Motor-Runner while all the fiends and him are hostile, just use a stealth boy and just sneak up to him and hit talk as soon as you stand.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sitchelin posted:

Finally got around to reaching the Mojave. That little quest where you have to get the train station up and running? Total pain in the rear end. Thanks TTW guys for merging the two games, but Jesus that was an ordeal. How about I just push a button and arrive in the Mojave instead? That completely turned me off from ever wanting to make another character.

One of the plugins in the optional files let's you decide which wasteland you start in and if you start in Mojave you don't have to deal with that. Just find the train station in Freeside, pay the computer 500 caps, and you are on your way. It's called something like start menu. Granted this does nothing if you decide to start in DC and I have no idea if you need to do the quest if you want to go back to the Mojave.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey you try cleaning while a group of assholes are paid to make sure the wasteland stays chaotic.

I actually wanted an excuse to talk about how much I hate the Talon Company. The Legion Assassins, the NCR equivalent, and the Regulators are in the same boat, with the Talon Company being worse since it's really easy to get good karma. Leave me alone, drat it. :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Load order is what's in the VNV sites Final Steps.

It happened again almost immediately when I pressed ESC straight out of the Mod Menu instead of pressing back first and then going back to game. :psyduck: This time I didn't save after that happened so it "fixed" itself when I reloaded a save.

Do you have UIO installed?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57174

It's not a requirement for MCM and it doesn't have an esp so it won't show up in your load order so it's easy to overlook.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's the technical reasoning behind the NPC purge?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The loss of real uniques hurt me the most in 4.

Thankfully modders took care of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

Tell me how that works with the deathclaws.

I disliked lonesome road's writing so much that it's the one part of FNV that I'd try to design fanfiction at- and there's so much I'd want to change that I'm not sure what would remain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmxTP_kdmLA

Also don't know if they did it in the video, but also drugs lots and lots of drugs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Dead Money loses a lot of tension when you realize the Ghost People almost always instantly die to an uppercut.

Honestly there's no real reason to have any guns besides the holorifle in the Sierra Madre.

The Holorifle loving owns and they just give it to you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When did House kick out the residents of Vault 21? I'm just wondering if it was different vault, like Vault 11, would House have kicked them out in time to stop them from killing themselves?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Seeing a non janky vehicle in the Gamebryo engine is kinda scary.

Like what kind of magic did you use to pull that off?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Every evil route should have at least one instance where one of the game's actual villains ask you to chill out cause this a bit too much even for them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is being able to loot Doc Mitchell's house consequence free intentional or an oversight?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2house2fly posted:

That's the fail line, they're usually a gag. My fav is when you're trying to entrap a guy suspected of selling drugs, and if you don't have enough speech to be subtle your option is just "Boy! I sure could use some drugs!"

"Chip outta luck"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Never realized how accurate New Vegas' map is. I mean it's heavily abridged of course but everything is in the right area.

They even got the part where Nipton has been wiped off the map.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThaumPenguin posted:

One time I tried doing the same thing myself, but Cachino got himself killed, which I guess made me the new boss by default? I don't think the game really acknowledged the outcome

https://twitter.com/ThaumPenguin/status/1180993730767200257

Did the game complete the quest or fail it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You just got shoot him first :clint:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Magnetic North posted:

Finally: oh god, is this why there's so much tiresome settlement building in Fallout 4?

It's because someone made a settlement building mod for New Vegas that was popular.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It would have been kinda neat if some of the failed dialogue choices were the right choices.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just found out about shooting the Hoover Dam Memorial. It's wild to keep finding stuff about this game years later.

"You're a little bitch and your brother was, too."
lmao

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

I swear to God I was thinking exactly about this when I saw a new post in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwCqGqsbA4

Ever since I found out this was a thing, it's honestly one of my favorite touches in NV.

I only found out about it because of random recommendation which was "will you still get yelled at if you shoot the memorial even if you're far enough for it to be unloaded?"

The answer is yes and the guy will run halfway across the Mojave to come give you a piece of his mind.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arivia posted:

If you don't fix Snuffles' leg you're a psychopath and/or ItsJabo.

Snuffles' Theory

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wolfsheim posted:

Hey let who he is free of patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter cast the first stone

I do find the super mismatched and awkward VA in 3 charming though, in TTW when I picked up the android quest from Zimmerman he immediately pivoted to one of the doctors there and started having a totally-out-of-character generic old man NPC conversation with them about going down to the Rivet City bar later. It's the same janky Oblivion NPC conversations that they mostly did away with in Skyrim and Fallout 4 so it's like a little nostalgia trip when it pops up again :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGsbPhm8ThY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/KenneyNL/status/1694725216205971775?t=254Ol2ioINIDap9TXNb4rw&s=19

So that teaser image might be AI generated. That car has two front ends.

You can also make out a three legged lady peeking behind the vault boy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DaysBefore posted:

Season 2 of the Fallout shpw will have Yuri Lowenthal playing ninety-seven different characters

Unironically want this

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wolfsheim posted:

the only returning FNV characters I want to see:

-Oliver Swanick having won a different lottery, instantly killed
-Malcolm Holmes running up to tell the protagonists about star bottlecaps, instantly killed

You'll get Ulysses and you'll like it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

he's right

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bring back Yes Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGJ8Q6NUSGc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Got some bad news about one of those guys….

What in the goddamn...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

*hits level 2* I'm gay

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doomykins posted:

Mod fast travel and save anywhere back in, lmao at tying potentially hours of your playtime to a Bethesda game not crashing at any random moment. It's neat to have the other stuff, I just like to pretend picking up food and water matters past restoring health between battles.

Walk when it's sensible but stuff like Nuka-World will task you to walk back and forth across about 30% of the map 5 times in a row shamelessly for some quests, ping ponging back and forth between the DLC travel point.

Sounds like it would be more simple to just not play Nuka-World.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm surprised Bethesda never implemented different starting points in their games. I always figured the Alternate Start mods were pretty popular.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You don't need VATS when you have turbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As everyone should