Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Carthag posted:

I was encumbered and I didn't want to waste them. What was I supposed to do :confused:

Drop them without setting them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Uh... I just completed Kings Gambit but when I go to Crocker to complete the quest an MP declares me an enemy of the republic (even though I am Idolized by NCR) and fail "Don't tread on the bear"

What?

When he starts to chase you, run into a secluded corner and kill him with a silent weapon before he talks to you. No reputation loss, and no one else does this.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah, but they got the basic game structure from Bethesda.

Although I gotta say, this definitely makes up for Knights of the Old Republic II

This doesn't make up for KoTOR2 because KoTOR2 didn't have to be apologized up for. :colbert:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

redmercer posted:

LucasArts damnatio memoriae of it does need some redemption, but we're unlikely to see it.

I pretty much hate everything about the movies, even though it is a fairly interesting universe (that Lucas failed to do anything interesting with.) Is it still worth playing?

It is easily one of the best RPGs ever made in my opinion. Even if you don't want to buy or play it, there's an LP archived for it and definitely worth a read.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tikan posted:

So, possibly strange question. I was killing the Van Graffs for the Brotherhood, finished up and headed back. I head into the bunker and an african american lady scribe runs up to me and it zooms in for an auto conversation for about half a second before canceling out of that and then she has nothing to say. Am I missing something big or was that nothing?

You might of talked to her while she was sleeping and ran off before she got up. That initiates the talk window, but it just goes away after it opens.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's a big shortage on fuel, isn't there? That was one of the reasons nuclear war broke out in the first place.

The highwayman in Fallout 2 used energy cells.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I'm replaying this again and I just noticed a funny little thing. When Scribe Lorenzo contacts you through Ed-E, his voice changes. Since I usually skip dialog because I read faster I never noticed this.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

thrakkorzog posted:

If you're willing to put up with some old school gameplay designs, the first two Fallout games are worth a shot. Just save often, because the games do suffer from some serious old school BS game design, of the spearmen beat tanks level of annoyance. (loving Ian has probably killed me more times than Supermutants shooting rockets at my face.)

I remember the first time I played FO1. I went into The Glow with 0 radiation, and left with over 1000. I couldn't take a step on the world map with out dying. I only had one save, after I had finished the area. That was the last time I only had 1 save in any game ever. :allears:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kirall posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there's a power armor training holotape at the Crashed Vertibird near that town with the ghoul soldiers in it.

I'm pretty sure that was added with Project Nevada. But you can get power armor training from Arcades mission. You can even mention it when the Brotherhood offers training for a sorta humorous response.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 30, 2012

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Why's that? I never thought they were bad guys. 3 made the mistake of making them actually good but in other fallouts they seemed to be fairly neutral working towards an understandable cause.

The only thing I can thing of that makes them seem like dicks is sending you to The Glow. Also in Tactics you're taking over areas I guess?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Clinton1011 posted:

Nice I am actually just starting his quest.

Question about the final mission for the main quest with Arcade.

will going with House ruin his ending? He seems to really want me to go with Yes Man.

No it won't. Just don't side with the Legion and your golden. Going for the NCR ending and sending him out to fight will sorta though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Oh man, I just realized that the dialog for that psycho addicted jerk in Honest Hearts changes if you have power armor training. :aaa:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

How about when they reprise themselves in FO2 and send you to Navarro?

I'm pretty sure they tell you it will be extremely dangerous, and it's not like they're forcing you to take the mission to go there, unlike NV.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Momomo posted:

Speaking of Veronica, will siding with House make her hate me? I asked a while ago about destroying the Brotherhood, and since it forces you to, I can't imagine she'd be very happy. Veronica seems like a fun character, I wouldn't want to have to kill her.

If you're not against modding your game, this mod allows you to make an alliance with them. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=37729

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Is there a way to get rid of the stuff from Couriers stash? I don't want all that poo poo in the beginning of the game but I want to give Sawyers mod a try.

While I mention it, how is Sawyers mod?

jsawyer's mod makes it so you have to buy the items from Chet.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

You have it backwards, surprisingly. The YCS is unobtainable with WW because WW replaces that encounter with aliens, so their unique weapon is actually the Alien blaster.

He said it right, you just misread it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Hell you can probably boost both of them if you have enough skill points to go around.

If you have all the dlc, and take skilled, comprehension, and the other perk that gives you 2 more skill points along with a high intelligence, you totally can max everything.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Dammit ropekid, laziness has done me in to the extent that I bought the Couriers Stash just to play your drat mod :argh:

Funny thing is, I did this too then never even bought the Courier poo poo from Chet. :downs:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

eating only apples posted:

I'm not sure you can play this game and not come out with a new fondness for guns.

You can if you played a punchy or hitty person!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

TooManyUzukis posted:

Alright, I need some help, as this is driving me crazy. I'm trying to play through New Vegas again, but the game runs at an unplayable FPS. I've played it before on this machine and it ran perfectly. I just finished ME3 with barely a hitch. What the hell is making this game so terribly unplayable? I've got no mods installed. It ran fine for a minute or two then...bam. 2 FPS. Consistently.

If you reinstalled it, and were using mods before, you may still have them in your data folder. That could be screwing things up if its the case.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is it just me or is Arcade kind of an insufferably whiny little poo poo who is mostly useless.

He's like the absolute worst elements of the Followers of the Apocalypse made manifest.

Arcade owns and you just have bad opinions. :colbert:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Ulvirich posted:

The storeowner will give you the key for free, "because of all the things you've done for Novac," to the room even if you do Boone's recruitment quest first thing when you get to the town.

Only if you have a Liked reputation there I'm pretty sure.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Merry Magpie posted:

Foot? NCR has a trainline running directly to the Strip.

Do you mean the Tram? Or the rails that the powder gangers were building before blowing their guards the gently caress up.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

antidote posted:

I felt like the Survivalist added a lot of depth to it.

Finding his stuff also got you the second best medium armor in the game along with, in my opinion, the best gun in the game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Is this OWB stuff or did I miss something? I'm playing through the DLCs for the first time and still have OWB and LR to finish.

You learn it in OWB.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

OldMemes posted:

House might be a bit of a dick, but his plan to rebulid the manufacturing industry would bring alot of money, jobs and other resources into Freeside, and he even says he has no interest in meddling with people's personal freedoms and choices, so I don't get why the Followers seem to dislike him so much? Surely they have similar goals, even if House is more ruthless in his methods? An independant Vegas seems nice, but there's no long term grow, and House isn't looking to control people anyway.

I don't remember any followers except for Arcade having a problem with him.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

Benny won't immediately recognize you and initiate dialogue unless he's suspicious Mr House is on to him, aka you've accepted Victor's offer and been in the lucky 38

Yes he does. If you get close to him he always initiates conversation. If you didn't meet Mr. House he just doesn't mention anyone going into the Lucky 38.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

That can happen, if you talk to victor and he opens the lucky 38 - but you don't actually go in. If you turn down House's invitation and go directly to Benny he won't initiate the dialogue unless you talk to him first

Huh, I've always talked to victor when I enter the strip, so I didn't know that could happen. It seems kinda strange that he won't initiate dialog with you unless you talk to Victor though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

A Dapper Walrus posted:

Working on a new character and I'm ashamed to admit that I went console kill on the giant rats. Hardcore + Varmint Rifle + JSawyer Mod + Hard Mode = invincible rodents who laugh at my attempts at stealth.

Anyone else ever just give up and console kill an entire area?

Just use lucky for those sweet sweet criticals.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

God loving dammit, it's bad enough that Ulysses thinks that I'm with the NCR even though I've done every Yes Man quest, but I get stuck with the NCR Courier's Duster? How in the hell am I supposed to get the Vault 21 duster? Do I have to kill NCR guys or something?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44042

You may have to play through LR all over again to get it working. :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

I'm talking to my brain at the end of Old World Blues (both the DLC and the named quest) and can't proceed when my brain falls into an infinitely recursive loop listing the two major actions I did before entering Big MT.

I remember the great sights we've seen together...

Jason Bright and his followers blasting off into the sky...

Helios One powering up...

and so on and so on and so on... forever. There's no way out of it.

Yeah, picking the dialog option that triggers that just loops. It's kinda disappointing that you can't hear all of the things you've done. Go through another dialog path to get your brain back.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

OldMemes posted:

You know how the Legion is going to tear itself apart without Ceasar> Courier run Vegas will do the same, except the Legion see eye to eye, and aren't loads of different, violent, armed gangs. An independant Vegas is simply not sustainable. Does Arcade think that everyone is going to hold hands and sing campsongs without Mr. House? Even Freeside, which is right outside where he lives, is a lawless slum, and that's fairly a independant settlement.

Independant New Vegas will tear itself apart, especially if the Legion hit again.

According to my ending, Freeside was one of the more stable areas to live in. Also what is the legion going to do against rocket barrages? Especially without their leaders. :smug:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cardboard Fox posted:

I just need 4 more star caps to finish the quest for Festus. This is the closest I've ever gotten, and of course it's the only playthrough where I decided to not kill Malcom for his caps. :argh:

Time to buy all the sarsaparilla on the planet and chug those fuckers.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Sam. posted:

I've used a Stealth Boy, and attacking doesn't break invisibility, but I still get detected after the first shot.

I tried the anti-material rifle in Quarry Junction, but it fires way too slow to be any use.

edit: Looks like I got lucky. I killed them all with Annabelle, they glitched out and all ran away from me instead of attacking. Got some T-51 and Enclave power armor, gently caress yeah. Somehow I can wear them without having power armor training.

before:

If you have jsawyers mod I think it removes the need for power armor training to wear it, but if you do have training it removes the weight of the armor while wearing it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kalos posted:

Though still, being not-a-vault-dweller is probably the weakest part of the narrative. You wander around like a newbie, and have no goddamn idea idea where anything is despite supposedly being a courier skilled enough to be trusted with top-secret NCR packages.

I'm guessing you mean the package mentioned in Lonesome road. It wasn't a top NCR package. They had no idea what it was and only knew that it might have some connection to Hopeville. It just happened that you took it and not some other courier.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kalos posted:

At the very least, it's going to be put in the hands of someone who knows where the town is.

The courier did know where the town was though. It was already stated that you had passed through there multiple times. It was never stated that the courier had spent a significant amount of time in the Mohave though. It would be understandable if he didn't know all the locales yet. Also you can see New Vegas from practically anywhere, so you always knew your were going in the right direction.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kalos posted:

It's a map. Putting a dot on it isn't exactly long-lost sorcery... evidenced by you being able to put dots on it the exact moment you get it.

Kharmakazy posted:

So your explanation for the fact that everyone can mark towns on my map but me from memory is what?

These are such stupid things to argue about. It would be dumb as hell if you could just go and mark every location in the game by using an online map. Are you also complaining that you couldn't mark poo poo on your map in Skyrim or Oblivion?

Also, when is it ever stated in game that the courier would know where these towns are. I can't remember any dialog in the game even mentioning that you have ever been to the Mojave. You can get dialog about visiting Utah, going to New Reno and various other poo poo, but not that you already know where multiple towns are in the desert, so why should you be able to mark these unknown towns on your map?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Angry Boat posted:

get .44 magnum handloads without GRA

You don't need GRA to get .44 handloaded, you just need the handloaded perk. Which you should always get anyways if your using guns.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Could someone post a link to Sawyers blog? I want to install his mod for my second run through but I want to have the most current one.

http://diogenes-lamp.info/jsawyer_fnv_mod.zip

Pretty sure that's the newest one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kharmakazy posted:

Yeah, IWS turns that place back into what it was like before the patches. It's great.

I don't remember Primm having 20 poweder gangers in it when this game was first released. :v: