Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Anyone have any luck with vaultmp for new vegas? I got the server up and running, was able to connect locally, but my buddy got wierd ends on his end when connecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Promoted Pawn posted:

Unarmed/Melee is all about pairing it with Survival; having a fuckload of healing items on your body at all times and just wading through everything the enemy throws at you, taking it all in the face and not caring. Bonus points for using the perks that give you bonuses for light armor.
I like to pair this with cannibalism. Manic of the Wastes

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Meat_of_Champions

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

All this luck talk reminds me that my buddy introduced me to a build that made me think about my stats differently isntead of playing it straight all the time.

He maxed out luck and maybe something else, then got all the money, and then bought those augmenter things. He would frequently get crits to the point that he could depend on it happening.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Meanwhile I've found I can never let Vulpes live past Nipton anymore. Especially if I've taken Terrifying Presence and can inform him I'm going to wear him for a hat. It's just way too tempting to blow his head off as soon as he runs his lip.

I think I picked up the idea from here, but my one and only gimick play through was taking the cannibal perk and eating everyone I came across. I wanted to see if I could get that flesh of champions hidden perk or if it was a myth.

I started to become less motivated to play it tho as I would walk into a town and people wouldn't immediatley flea from me. I'm the Maniac of the wastes! I've eaten everyone I've ever talked to. Surely you've heard of me. Why are you even opening a conversation with me? Especially one that's not about my very public reputation of killing and eating everyone I've ever met??

It ruined my immersion. Some reputation system this game has

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm sure there had to be some people that I missed.

I couldn't eat the robots either

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

dave foley of news radio fame was in new vegas??

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hooooly poo poo i thought yes man had a extraordinary calming effect for me that I couldn't quite place

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yes man was a perfect character. he's always there to support you no matter what stupid decision you make

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

does this game have a coop mod yet? i saw danielsl playing something that looked like a new vegas mmo mod or something

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this was stated almost plainly, with the slightest bit of inference and deduction needed by the audience. i didn't even think it was a controversy lmao

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh no, i see what's going on. you care about continuity between the show and the games. perhaps it may be more satisfying to recognize that due to the change of medium, some "soft retconning" is going to need to be employed.

it's a different universe than the game, heavily inspired by the game

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Heading east in 2077 to fight the Legion at the first Hoover Dam and barely scraping a win could be considered the start of a downward spiral.
i start each of my workdays with this thought

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

basic storytelling suggests house already being in the show and the implications of the final scene mean he will almost certainly be in it
chekhov's house

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Obsidian games like to play around with the gender for previously established characters. In Kotor 2 Atton says Darth Revan was a sexy woman and if you call him out and say that Revan was obviously a man then Atton is like "sure whatever, maybe I like to imagine Revan was a hot lady."

So the Courier being this wasteland wanderer on a level similar to the Mysterious Stranger who comes and goes like the wind brahmin.
turns out you've been the mysterious stranger all along

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

that was a very fun way to learn of a requirement for a subsequent playthrough

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

he was in the latest Fargo season as a lawyer with an eye patch who maybe had a background in espionage

so what I'm saying is that yes he's still available!

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 25, 2024

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yea and that was such a great fallout style side quest. with complicated lessons and reflections

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i would stand up and clap if they got the original voice actor for Benny

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Every playthrough I tell myself this time I won't side with Yes Man, and every time I'm lying to myself.
there's just no more entertaining of an option

every other faction is so dower. yes man is a shining bright light to bask in

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

max out luck, high strength, take the canibal perk and have everyone you bump into for dinner

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol at the headline
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/fallout/todd-howard-new-vegas-obsidian-show/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMiq5MeHMaM
luck maxed, strength second and the powerfist do be like that

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

always max out luck for any build. it's called new vegas, everything is a gamble. rig the game in your favor at the start. it's so funny to be in a tight situation and then have the luck kick in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i think mysterious stranger shows up more often too. there's a couple other perks that are affected by luck if i recall correctly. have fun, do a couple Luck build runs