Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Canada was probably actually nuked pretty hard, in the Fallout timeline the US annexes it for its oil fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'd say the NCR/House ending is good for a first run, and then on your second run you should probably go Legion. A Legion playthrough is interesting because you're basically doing everything you stopped in an NCR playthrough, and in the legion's main story has one of the best quests of the game.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
People talk about how the NCR is mutant-inclusive, but they're actually really horrible regarding super mutants. I mean, they hire mercenaries to provoke an attack from Jacobstown and then wipe them out because some other mutants somewhere were attacking brahmin herds. When you point that out to the merc leader he just basically says, "Hey, they hired me to kill the mutants here, I don't really give a gently caress if they actually did anything."

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That sounds real lame, where Liberty Win or borderlands style loot?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
In all seriousness, I really like how FNV builds your character backstory based on the responses you do or don't pick and I think more RPGs could benefit from this style of writing, it makes you feel more connected to the setting.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I didnt like how enemies could block any melee weapon

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The brahmin barons are gonna look at all that grazeland in the east and tell the NCR military to go hogwild

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Even if the powder gangers are criminals I still dont think they should be used as slave labor to build colonial infrastructure.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Discendo Vox posted:

I know jsawyer said it was deliberately left open, but there is no way in my mind that the thing occupying the Rangers before they're recalled to fighting Caesar is anything other than pursuing the Enclave.

Theyre guarding brahmin herds so the capitalist elite of the NCR dont yell at Kimball

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I watched the Wire years after playing this game and it was a big lmao going "Holy sht, of courae Caesar is a police"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Klamath Bob tells you that stuff

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's an easy decision. Easy Pete wont give me dynamite, the dynamite gangers who love dynamite will give me dynamite.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I loved Lonesome Road, especially because while the DLC was still coming out I had already heard all about Ulysses from the in game dialogue so I was super excited to see what his connection with me was. I love how all the DLC is like a Ulysses meta-narrative as well and they really benefit from being played in release order imo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I always thought the building a community thing was literally just "you delivered packages here sometime and this increased contact with the outside world let this settlement develop further"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The khans are a functioning society, they have their own culture including linguistic tics, coming of age rituals and ideas of adulthood, and clearly defined methods of labor organization and hierarchy. Just because they arent emulating failed civilizations of the past doesnt mean they arent a functioning society.

Theyre a group who has to inhabit an economic niche (drug running) because theyve been pushed to marginal lands by an expanding imperial power

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean a big point of New Vegas involves recontextualizing the existing factions from previous games and asking what role they play in the modern wasteland that is rapidly leaving the old status quo behind. You either change with the times, leave, or die.

I think it's weird to imply that the semi-nomadic tribal group is less-functioning or developed than the NCR or Legion because they like... dont living in permanent buildings? Dont print money...? i dont get the argument

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Legion are the only faction that make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

If you were given the reins to make a Fallout game what would you do for the main story/player character? You can do something brand new and original,no need for a vault opening or my son!/father!

A disillusioned Centurion from the Legion who was from a recently assimilated tribe returning to his homeland following the death of Caesar, defeat at Hoover Dam, and Legion Civil War