Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
:siren: HEELLLPPP! :(

Guys, I just got the game and I think I may have ruined the experience for myself. :( Started wandering around near the Goodsprings graveyard after discovering Nipton and somehow ended up at Black Mountain. I barely survived an assault by Nightkins and immediately quick traveled back to Goodsprings to heal. Out of curiosity, I quick traveled back to Black Mountain to find that I could visibly see the Strip.

Found freeside, did a few quests, and got up enough dough to enter the Strip. Victor met me at the gate and invited me in to see Mr. House, so I did, and recieved his quest. I was only level 7 and hadn't even recruited my first companion yet.

Eventually I read a guide and realized that Novak was the next mission in the main plot, so I did everything there was to do there and continued on to Boulder City. Upon arrival, virtually nobody was there other than a NCR guy and the Bartender in the saloon. Was the massive bombing something that was supposed to have happened later in the game?

When I talked to the NCR guy he gave me a quest to help with a shootout with Great Khans, and one of my available responses was "I think those are the dudes with the Platinum Chip I'm looking for"

So yeah. I'm pretty sure I' m screwed. Is there ANY way to reverse the damage so I can appreciate the story as intended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Whew, alright good. Thanks a lot guys!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
All this stuff about Big Tex burning down is reminding me of Victor:

Tex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Big-tex-1956.jpg
Vic: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:VictorFaceMonitor2.png

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

JawKnee posted:

No.

Also Obsidian made this game.

He's just being a dork, like three people have clarified that already.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
All of this new leaked Fallout info is making me sad. It seems to be picking up where F3 left off. Boston seems like a cool location, and I hope they take a few cues from NV's writing, but I'm not holding out much hope for a story I'll actually care about.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

2house2fly posted:

Generally enjoyed the show. Some decent jokes and lots of little details in the production design. So much attention to detail in fact that the plot point of Shady Sands being nuked 4 years prior to New Vegas is all the more jarring, because how do you have a shoutout to Repconn but forget what year the game took place? Also why did Frederick Sinclair look like Alfred Hitchcock, he should be a dashing tragic romantic lead type. My fav bit was when the protagonist gets captured at Vault 4 and is "punished" by being sent to the surface and given 2 weeks of supplies. She says "can I just ask one thing" and the guy says "yes obviously someone will carry the supplies to the surface for you"

It seemed to me that The "Fall of Shady Sands" and the Nuke could have been two different events. They're listed as two separate items on the blackboard with an arrow between them. If the date was an oversight at least they have an out in the way they presented that diagram. :v:

(also you may want to spoiler more of that)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
what are the must-have NV mods if you want an essentially vanilla experience but with stability and minor QoL/gameplay improvements?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Nobody Interesting posted:

The Viva New Vegas guide

thanks! this looks amazing but it's massive. is there a curated "i only have an hour every night to spend on games" set of mods out there or is this as close as it gets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

2house2fly posted:

If you just install the 4GB patch, YUP and JSawyer that'll get you most of the way there. The 4GB patch lets the game use more RAM which helps deal with crashes, YUP fixes millions of bugs and JSawyer tightens up the gameplay nicely. YUP probably requires the script extender, if so it'll link to it. As far as qol I can't think of anything New Vegas needs though there are lots of little things that are nice. You'll need some kind of mod manager to set a load order, Mod Organizer 2 is amazing but takes a while to set up, I'm not sure what the other options are. I think the game comes with a basic one in the launcher?

ah this'll do! thank you!