Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

NCR are a bunch of dicks. I was trying to boost my rep with them by doing the quest where you recover the war widows dead husbands body. Just as I finish dragging the body back and getting told how awesome and nice I am a ranger hit squad shows up and everyone starts firing at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I kinda hope for Fallout 5 to be set in the Commonwealth.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

Or pay the 10 caps for some snake on a stick and avoid having to put points into an otherwise completely useless skill.

Survival allows me to make Healing Poultice so it's the best skill.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It's got a t joint on it man. It's also right next to a fire axe.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Don't worry you'll still be the Jesus of the wasteland after killing a handful of ghouls.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

Is there a character guide or something for fallout? I'm pretty goddamn tired of dying to a radscorpion or a pack of mantis's before making it to vault 15.

What are your stats and what did you tag?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nucular Carmul posted:

I decided to do an explosives character, a first because I hate having to scrounge for more grenades and dynamite and resorting back to guns because there seem to be more enemies than explosives. I am doing this because I got GRA and some other DLC, and I picked up the Mad Bomber perk, thinking to myself "it better be worth it to take a whole perk for this." Took the perk, went to the workbench to look at recipes. You can turn a mere three microfusion cells into a grenade :aaaaa: I would say that's worth it.

Went to repconn and looted a bunch of dead Bright Follower ghouls, got enough for almost a hundred grenades. Proceeded to go to the desert area just north of there to chuck radioactive grenades at ants. Then I got attacked by a Legion assassin squad because I felt like seeing what would happen if I killed Vulpes at Nipton (turns out THAT so far). So I whipped out my Courier's Stash grenade rifle and blew them away too :getin: Never thought I'd have this much fun crippling myself all the time.

Try making the MFC Clusters, they're loving amazing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

perianwyr posted:

Well, it was flat out goofy to kill Lanius with stealth, as it generally is if it takes more than one hit (it took two)

Only takes one stealth special attack with the chainsaw.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone have an idiots guide to modding new vegas on a steam deck?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

dr_rat posted:

There's a still active NV modding thread that might be able to help: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3376713

Thanks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nobody Interesting posted:

I haven't modded on the Steam Deck but I do exclusively play games on Linux. imo the best thing to do would be to go into desktop mode and grab a tool called SteamTinkerLaunch - https://github.com/sonic2kk/steamtinkerlaunch/releases/

The easiest way to install it is by using ProtonUp-Qt which downloads the latest version of STL (and also custom Proton versions) and puts it in the right place for you.

Restart Steam once it's been downloaded + installed, and then right click FNV in Steam and go to the Compatibility tab. Tick the box, select STL.

What STL will do is handle the MO2 integration for you. It'll let you use the "download with manager" links on Nexus and all that good stuff. Once you've got your mods installed, I would imagine that FNV will work okay in game mode. With STL set up, you can go ahead and follow Viva New Vegas

One of the main reasons I was hired for my last job was because I talked at length about modding FNV on Linux. Feel free to bug me with any Qs.

I will probably take you up on this offer, thank you

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The idea of Diamond City was so much better than Diamond City.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I liked Lonesome Road :shrug:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Aside from bug fix mods and restoring launch stuff that was patched out so the console versions wouldn't bork,

As someone who platinumed the PS3 version I can say this 100% did not work.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BurningBeard posted:

Thinking about revisiting goat RPG Fallout New Vegas, but I am gonna play it on Xbox series. So, does the Gamepass version include all the DLC? Also I love that this thread is still going. It’s the reason I fell in love with the game in the first place.

It does not include the dlc.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can’t expect the Lord to do all the work :shrug:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Star Trek existed but it was the Terran Empire time line not the Federation one.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DourCricket posted:

Playing New Vegas w Viva New Vegas on my deck - first playthrough in many years, going for the hardcore + other achievements I missed.

sogood.gif

How easy was it to install the mods on the deck?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The bullet to you’re brain turned you into Lucy from the hit film Lucy. If Benny never shot you your level would cap at 10.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m using the MF Hyperbreeder for the first time and holy poo poo it’s insane.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Started a run a few weeks back and wanted to finish base+all dlc before Baldur’s Gate came out. Have beat Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and just finished Dead Money. Haven’t even been to the strip yet. Don’t think I’m gonna make it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

I don't think that I've ever done Honest Hearts first. The thing where the launch point for the DLC is all the way up north past Vegas makes it irritating; I wish that all of the DLCs were in less populated areas like OWB and Lonesome Road. Dead Money is okay considering there isn't much of heavy plot importance nearby.

I tagged energy weapons so I wanted to get YCS asap, and since I was nearby already why not go?:shrug:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Old World Blues is the most skippable.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I want to be clear: I never skip dlc when I do a new run. And the sink is worth going through owb for. But story wise it’s the weakest. But I’m a freak who doesn’t mind Lonesome Road.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If Caesar didn’t want me to kill him he wouldn’t be gifting me thermic lances

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The first time I fire the fatman in any run I blow myself up one day I’ll figure it out

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

It's very funny how your character is always 19, no matter how balding and grey you are

I had a friend in high school who was in fact balding and greying at 17.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Did he ever find his dad

I thinks dad died in Iraq, so no.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If the courier can walk from Goodsprings to the strip, so can you.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Tick, and Patriot were both really good and cancelled too soon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I played through unmodded New Vegas on my steam deck earlier this year and it crashed once in 40 hours.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That’s too many pixels

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The idea of ng+ in Starfield was good, it’s just a shame the game wasn’t very good.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Well ropekid? Answer the man.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If I’m wearing light armor you better believe it’s Joshua’s.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What I usually do is piss off the legion, kill the assassins they send after me and sell their gear.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

tango alpha delta posted:

3/NV are absolutely rock solid on my Steamdeck.

It’s the perfect fallout machine. Except I can’t get tactics to work.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

tango alpha delta posted:

Cleaning my basement.

Intensely jealous of you. Lost my guide ages ago.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Angry Salami posted:

NCR got nuked because some rear end in a top hat courier wanted a spiffy coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Do an anthology episode. Three stories about the courier, each one with a new actor behaving wildly differently.