Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Lutha Mahtin posted:

"neoliberal value signaling"

that word, i do not think it means what you think it means

Outside the context of that last awful page it pretty much just describes Planet Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Danger posted:

Outside the context of that last awful page it pretty much just describes Planet Money.

To be value signaling, I think they'd have to talk about what great deals they have and how everything's great

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Virtue signaling means nothing but it was supposed to mean poo poo like that old joke 'donate now to get this tote bag with our logo on it, to raise awareness for the important message that you've donated to us.'

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Speaking of, this weeks episode is inspired by Lindy West. Her last time On was about her job as a humorist and featured her interviewing the guy who owned her online. Jing it or ding it?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

Speaking of, this weeks episode is inspired by Lindy West. Her last time On was about her job as a humorist and featured her interviewing the guy who owned her online. Jing it or ding it?

This episode is a re-run.

EDIT: You know what, I'll just say I don't like Lindy or agree with her views and she's the worst part of the episode. The rest is good.

No update on the producer who's hooked on speed either. I want an update or closure! :mad:

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 30, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Oh hell yeah, the re-run about how overweight people deserve respect that features a racist joke.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Oh hell yeah, the re-run about how overweight people deserve respect that features a racist joke.

Yeah it was a frustrating episode to listen to as someone who's lost quite a bit of weight and literally can't comprehend the fat acceptance mindset.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Jesus Christ not this loving poo poo again

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Snuffman posted:

This episode is a re-run.

EDIT: You know what, I'll just say I don't like Lindy or agree with her views and she's the worst part of the episode. The rest is good.

No update on the producer who's hooked on speed either. I want an update or closure! :mad:

She's the same one who has parents that are LDS or JW and live in like Japan and were mad that she had sex in her 20s lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Elna Baker, she's also the one who dressed up as a fortune cookie at a Mormon Halloween party and ended up looking like a huge gaping vagina.

• Locked thread