Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
This American Life is a great show, unfortunately I don't get to hear it as often as I'd like because of my schedule, but it's one of my favorites all the same.

Anyway, my dad passed away unexpectedly at the end of May and since his wife had died a couple years before and I was the oldest son I had a lot of crap to take care of. This involved a lot of driving around, which is when I tend to listen public radio. I had just gotten done meeting with my grandmother and my brother for a kind of mutual depression lunch thing on Fathers Day and on the way back home This American Life was on and they were having people come on and talk about their dads and Fathers Day and whatnot. So Michael Ian Black comes on and is talking about his dad and how he died in an accident out of nowhere. It was nice because a lot of what he was talking about going through with his brother and the general reaction all around was exactly like what my brother and I were going through, even though he was a kid when it happened.

So anyway, I guess my point is that This American Life is awesome and can pretty much always put me in a good mood. You can hear Michael Ian Black's segment from the Fathers Day show here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread