Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

C-Euro posted:

I think the latest episode was my favorite one in a long time. Super-interesting stuff, I wouldn't mind if This American Life just turned into reporting little random new pieces from the previous week every week.
I liked it as well! Fun premise that turned out way more interesting than I originally thought.
"This week we're talking about what happened this week!"
Yaay :buddy:

..."I could see the RPG coming straight at me, then I hit a bump on the road and it struck the engine..."
:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

dvorak posted:

The iPhone app isn't much better. It will still randomly stop playing when you lock the phone.
Can't be worse than Apples Podcast app for the iPhone, good god is that terrible.

Crashes all the time.
Slow as poo poo, hitting buttons and they respond roughly 10 seconds later.
If you've had a podcast paused for a while and then get a phonecall it will start playing on its own after the call.
Really obtuse interface about syncing with the computer, podcasts I download on the computer are not transferred sometimes, forcing me download them all over again only on the phone this time.
it will stop playing, and not remember where you left off if you lose cellphone connection which happens a lot when I'm traveling which is when I really want to listen to podcasts in the first place.

Not really TAL related, but goddamn I had to vent about that terrible app somewhere.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah the podcasts playing after a phonecall, or worse when you deny a phonecall when you're in a meeting, is seriously dumb.

Especially when you had paused an episode of Nerd Poker when they were right in the middle of doing a bunch of rape jokes during a Dungeons and Dragons episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

I listened to it on a good pair of headphones, and I can kind of get what she's experiencing, but hearing whispering of the kind she's hooked on is unsettling. Bob Ross, on the other hand, he's just relaxing. I think I've experienced what she's talking about in a lesser way, when I listen to certain kinds of music, I sometimes have a sensation down the back of my skull. I stumbled on a great video of an Australian group playing Copland last week, and it happened then. But I don't go actively seeking it as a hobby.

I mostly found the segment vaguely gross and fetishistic, a notch or two below women smooshing cakes with their bottoms or popping balloons.
I'm on the same wavelength. Bob Ross is incredibly relaxing, to an extend where I get where she's coming from with the whole ASMR angle. The lady whispering with the really loud smacking noises felt incredibly unsettling though, especially with a really decent pair of headphones. Only got a really creepy erotic vibe from it, like it was supposed to be some sort of erotic hypnosis. Especially when she mentioned all the different youtube requests which had me laughing loud.

• Locked thread