Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodarazumas
Oct 7, 2007

tooooooo bad posted:

Only episode I can think of that left me actually furious when I had finished it.

Right to Remain Silent is up there. Part 2 is about a cop who secretly records his corrupt superiors and in the end absolutely no justice is served.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodarazumas
Oct 7, 2007

Hoops posted:

I didn't even think the impression was that dead on. It wasn't bad, but probably not enough to stand up as voice only, which I guess it really needs to be if you're doing Ira Glass.

Which is strange because default Armisen is already about 60% of the way to Ira Glass.

Doodarazumas
Oct 7, 2007

Kangra posted:

24 Hours at the Golden Apple is the gold standard of that type. There aren't that many that work as well. '129 Cars' has some of that feeling (except the people are all of a type - buying and selling cars), and 'Notes from Camp' kind of does too (there most of the captured lives are kids).

413: Georgia Rambler is another example of that style. 6 ten minute stories, I think most are good. It's been a while since I listened to it.

Doodarazumas
Oct 7, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

I've been trying to google it and haven't had much luck. What was the episode where they interviewed a 30-some programmer that joins the army and goes through boot camp?

All I really remember about it is that the guy kept mentioning how after going through it, all he wanted to do was go out and kill someone.

This one I think: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/515/good-guys?act=4#play

That dude sure seemed like he was weird to begin with, he was super wrapped up in his identity as a modern good-guy liberal who reads slate thinkpieces but then he was also all 'GOTTA KILL THE BROWNS,' right?

• Locked thread