Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AquaticIguana
Apr 29, 2009

I dabble in honky sorcery from time to time.
Middle school is pretty poo poo for most people.

The only segments I actively dislike are when they have david sedaris or the guy with the weird stuffy voice do a piece. Part of it is that the real stories are so solid that those guys feel like they're wasting time. I actually like sedaris's books, but his stories just never feel like they fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AquaticIguana
Apr 29, 2009

I dabble in honky sorcery from time to time.

maxnmona posted:

Ira Glass was the person who discovered David Sedaris, and the show was basically built to fit Sedaris's style. The early episodes are 50% just Sedaris talking.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real stories". Other than the occasional animal fable, everything Sedaris does is memoir.

By real stories I meant the usual "send a reporter to tell about a thing" stories. I must have gotten unlucky with Sedaris episodes. Beides one episode about his screwed up Dad, all I remember are his animal fables.

• Locked thread