Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
This week's episode, Surrogates, was chilling. It exists in that weird space between denial, abuse, love, change, and stasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It seems a bit preachy, but I found it effective. Hell of an ep, though, and the ending twist was a mix of moralizing and surprising.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

"They deserved it" is the post-facto justification. "I disliked them so I sicc'd the internet on them" is so blatantly obvious that it's a part of SA. The worst page on the internet was running more than a decade and a half ago; Lowtax and the 2000s had enough restraint (or lacked the anonymity) to call the police to people's houses.

The only thing I disliked about her story was that she identified herself as a comedian and wasn't funny.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

Reruns are fine and all, but I rather wish they'd reach a little farther back than 51 weeks.

Thank Mike Daisy for that.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Brave stories this week of a guy who learned to shut up, a guy who lied and is now deluded, and a family that almost nearly stopped abuse but didn't.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

bad day posted:

I had a professor who was publicly ousted for mass plagiarism. He'd been on the NYT bestseller list and written many seminal mass-market books on his field.

Why'd you out the man?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

What a good, Patriotic episode about a Somalian trying to join America.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The best journalists only cover people from their background. So for a rural story, you have a reporter from the sticks, for a baking story, get someone who went to culinary school. Liberals cover liberals and athletes cover athletes. If you're writing about the richest person on Earth, nobody can report on him. Them's the breaks

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It was the TAL about Volkswagon.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Who could believe that Planet Money would support the interests of the monied

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I missed "The Informant" episode 15 years ago and it was nice to hear it for the first time. I thought it was a retread of the movie before they explained "someone made a movie of this, based on our episode". Neat!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It's not a theory, it's called 'bias'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Speaking of, this weeks episode is inspired by Lindy West. Her last time On was about her job as a humorist and featured her interviewing the guy who owned her online. Jing it or ding it?

• Locked thread