Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just wanted to say
uncle Jimmy is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it's funny cuz I initially started the show with a less than positive impression of John. he kind of comes off as your typical hateful medium fish in a small pond intellectual, even if it's truly a lovely town. Kinda just feeling like he's better than everyone and going on what initially seem like bizarre and tangential rants. Plus there are those initial vibes that he may be full of poo poo with regards to whatever he led Brian in on.

of course you find out that he's a complex and contradictory human being like the rest of us and get on this empathetic emotional rollercoaster

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

UltraRed posted:

"Things other people do after a guy dies are the dead guy's fault." -Goons
Nah but tbf for someone with such strong judgments and opinions (with a history of suicidal idealation) he did go into death completely unprepared
I mean it's hosed up that he didn't even leave some sort of mechanism/instructions behind to protect his mama. I understand the burden of being a caretaker, of having to take care of a sick mother, and I imagine it drives you crazy and cruel over a long enough period esp. if it's all your life is, but that part with her just being locked in a padded room or whatever was hosed up.
On the other hand, mental illness, plus when you're a suicidal atheist I doubt you care about what happens when you're worm food...so f the world. A man of contradictions just like the rest of us.
Maybe that just throws water on the fire of the idea that he really really wanted to leave money to help X or Y, or that he had considerable wealth left over at all

• Locked thread