Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ploots
Mar 19, 2010
You must love radiolab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Johnny Longtorso posted:

As a rule I skip TAL segments about the producers' family members because they're not nearly as interesting as the producers think they are.

The segment about Ira's dog is one of the best of the entire show :colbert:

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

C-Euro posted:

I'm a few episodes behind on TAL, does WakeUpNow sound as insane to the rest of you as it did to me? The episode defines the legal language of what a pyramid scheme is, but I'm pretty sure that fits the bill as well.

Yup, definitely sounded crazy. I loved the editing job they did, putting the WUN exec back to back with conference recordings. I was disappointed when they switched topics, that was a really well done segment.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

LittleFuryThings posted:

Noo, the woman with the sexy voice is leaving Planet Money!

What is wrong with your ears?

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
Another repeat, but the boat story is one of my favorites.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
I bet it was The Memory Palace, if you're remembering a sad or nostalgic story. It used to be produced in the TAL offices, the creator recently relocated.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
E: wrong thread

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

C-Euro posted:

The TAL entry on my podcast app is busted, is anyone else experiencing this? I unsubscribed and re-subscribed but it just has a dummy entry and won't actually refresh.

Same for me, using podkicker on Android. I subscribed again using the RSS feed from the TAL site and now it's working fine.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
"It's her own fault because I saw her flirt with a guy at a picnic once and she probably just got in over her head with dirty pictures and wanted a cover story"

eat poo poo Peggy

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
Radiolab this week is about a fuckup whose life is changed when he hears an episode of This American Life and decides that becoming a radio producer is his calling.

I'm done with podcasts for a while.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
I have really enjoyed the segments Zoe Chase has been making about the conservative world for the past few months, looking forward to this episode

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
S-town is extremely good.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
Very similarly, the "we talked about digging up buried treasure, then had to go off the record :smug:" end to Tyler's story. It must have been a satisfying conclusion for anyone who happens to be named Brian Reed but it's the opposite of a conclusion for the rest of us, and awfully suspicious behavior from someone who has been charged with stealing from that property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

bad day posted:

why are they always talking about minorities i want to hear about AMERICAN lives :heritage:

• Locked thread