Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Great show suggestions so far!

One of my favourites is The Ghost of Bobby Dunbar, http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/352/the-ghost-of-bobby-dunbar

From the site: In 1912 a four year-old boy named Bobby Dunbar went missing in a swamp in Louisiana. Eight months later, he was found in the hands of a wandering handyman in Mississippi. In 2004, his granddaughter discovered a secret beneath the legend of her grandfather's kidnapping, a secret whose revelation would divide her own family, bring redemption to another, and become the answer to a third family's century-old prayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Just listened to Nemeses, the "THEIR NAME IS FRAMSKY TOO, MOTHERFUCKER." line cracked me up. Sure it's probably fake, but whatever.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
The normal ASMR stuff like whispering/whatever never does anything to me, is it like when someone rubs rough paper together (ex: the outer layer of cardboard)? Cause that poo poo is worse than nails on a chalkboard to me.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Ugh, I just listened to the ASMR story, and the whispering sets my teeth on edge. I hate it.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

Carmen Segarra "Goldman Sachs Tapes" episode
Agreed, after listening to it again, and although he seemed completely dickless and ineffectual, her boss was right. Goldman Sachs did have CoI policies (even if said policies were worthless and something the Fed apparently needed to regulate). From what I heard he gave her opportunity after opportunity to just admit her mistake and move on, but she couldn't say she was wrong.

Also wanted to add:

She did the "MMM HMM" noise loving constantly, like she knew everything that they were going to say and she just wanted to get to the part where she could talk.

In the end nothing is going to be done about this, the Fed is still in bed with the banks and will continue to be. The whole episode was less than revelatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I had a guy selling cutco knives door to door ask me if I sold weed once. Is that a selling tactic they teach at a seminar or something?

• Locked thread