Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

RustyTrombone posted:

I like the one with the crazy rear end guy running himself into debt trying to become a famous talk show host. He got a small cult following locally and then his finances and family went to poo poo. I highly recommend.

The mall santa alliance one was interesting too.

Do you recall what episode numbers those were?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

maniacripper posted:

This show is indeed awesome.

My favorite episode is the one about the Nummi factory operated by Toyota and General Motors. Equal parts hysterical and :psyduck: makes for great radio.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/403/nummi

Thanks, I'm from the town where Nummi was located, I'll check this one out.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

I like Glass's voice. Am I the only one who thinks he and Alex Bloomberg from Planet Money sound EXACTLY alike?

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

There was something in her voice that had me hear it the same way maxnmona did. That was from a few weeks ago and then Alex appeared briefly on TAL on the middle school episode and my brain imploded for 15 seconds

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

I'm finally listening to Episode 403 (thanks again for the suggestion) about NUMMI and it's hilarious and embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Hoops posted:

Oh yeah I remember that. Had to stop and skip back a minute to figure out what was happening.

Re: that ep, I really liked his input. I taught history and science in one of San Francisco's worst middle schools and days where we got to go outside and I did a lesson in the park were the best days for everyone. I had similar "out-there" ideas like Blumberg's - middle school would be a lot more useful if it's standards focused on social and life skills instead of a traditional curriculum.

Cut to the principal who dismisses that thought right away and then ends her response with "we've got to try everything we can." Fucker.

• Locked thread