Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
This week's episode is pretty great. "You're eleven..." "...yeah." Laughed out loud a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Holy poo poo Ira Glass knows how to smile. I was certain he's never achieved more than a smirk. (Full disclosure I love the guy and TAL)

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

People hate Lea Thau's voice? I think it's great.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

The Truth is loving excellent. I can't recommend it enough, though some can be hit or miss. Can You Help Me Find My Mom? and You're Not Alone are incredibly moving. Start there if you're curious. The Talk and That's Democracy are also excellent. Those four are easily my favorites. If any of those don't stir up emotions, you're a robot.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

snucks posted:

Halfway through Krulwich goes "is there a story here?" and then 30 minutes later the twist is no, not really.

It was a bit self masturbatory, sure, but I thought it was an interesting introspective look into the industry. I mean, we were just talking about how annoying it must be to have a partner/spouse record every loving thing in hopes that it bears (audio) fruit. This guy tried, missed the "money shot" so to speak, and the result of the rest is just boring poo poo which had no better effect than to drastically affect his relationships and indeed, his own actions.

Not a great episode by any means, but I can appreciate the subtext.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Yeah, I had to skip it. Goddamn that was poo poo.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Agreed, Heavyweight is basically Mystery Show, but less twee. I'm digging it so far.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I did wonder how a monthly podcast could afford to fly around the country looking into a lunchbox. I mean seriously, the question of "how the gently caress do they pay for this?" entered my mind on more than on occasion.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

The guy ranting about 95 churches and Jeebus was great.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Wow, things get really dark at the end of ep2. Goddamn.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Just finished the first episode. I wanna drink moonshine with Jon

Dude seems chill as gently caress. Obviously smart. Lemme know what you think at the end of the second episode.

vv So the McElroys are involved? Makes sense...

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 29, 2017

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I don't think there's a need to hide it. You can find the maze on google maps from the coordinates he gives.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

33.202465, -87.13115 for those who don't wanna go back

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

yea it was v. cool when he outed that dude in a small town using super obvious and not at all subtle clues but didn't actually confirm or deny anything so the rumor mill can be the main decider in a really fuckin sensitive topic

If you think giving non-committal grunts and "mmmnn"s in response to a question is a mannerism unique to just a handful of individuals in that town I promise you that's not the case. I don't see the connection.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

bad day posted:

... it's just kind of silly how they instill neoliberal value signaling into every last millisecond of airtime.

I think Sean Hannity has a podcast that may be more your liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Just wanted to say
uncle Jimmy is the best

This.

• Locked thread