Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
This is one of my favorite forms of media anywhere. I had a summer job where I did data entry for 40 hours a week a few years back, and I did nothing but listen to This American Life and Teaching Company audio files on my ipod for thousands of hours that summer. It was the best summer.

One moment I remember from the show was about a mother who had her child die in a car accident, but his heart was saved and used as an organ transplant to someone. Years later, she met the person who received the heart, and broke down crying while putting her face to the person's chest, listening to her dead child's heart beat in someone else's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart

hope and vaseline posted:

Ditto. I've loved every Sedaris book until his animal fables one.

Does anyone else have trouble paying attention to TAL's fiction segments in general?
Yeah I went to an event where Sedaris did a reading of his animal fables live in a theater. It was boring as poo poo and I wish I hadn't of gone.

That said, I saw Ira Glass in the same theater it was the best live show of any kind I've ever seen. If you ever have a chance to see him, do it immediately. He's extremely engaging and knows how to put on a show, even if it is just him talking into a mic.

• Locked thread