Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yeah I didn't quite get that either. Basically a guy decides to eat at every place on Pico Boulevard and then the story goes loving nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

GrandpaPants posted:

Do I just not "get" David Sedaris or was his segment in the Deception episode kinda boring and meandering and not at all as hilarious as the audience thought it was? I was also kinda hoping for a better resolution to that busboy story than "I got paid crap and left," but it was a good look into a world I would (thankfully) never interact with personally, which is what This American Life does best.

Huh, I actually liked both of those segments but didn't care at all for the story about the "Analyze This" guy.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yeah I skipped the Jackson story after about 5-10 minutes.

I would be happy to never have to listen to Sarah Vowell's loving voice ever again.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

misdirectomy posted:

My buddy produces a sketch comedy festival and I asked him once what the most played out, cliched premise he's seen while watching horrible audition tapes. He said it was the meta-dialogue sketch with things like "statement" "question?" and "witty comeback". TAL then played that exact bit as an example of some theatre group's ground-breaking concept: SHORT PLAYS.

I didn't know people did that with horrible audition tapes, but Steven Soderbergh did it in 1996 with Schizopolis.

• Locked thread