Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Kazmirski posted:

I'm pretty intrigued; this game looks deep and complicated. I watched a short video on exploration which showed the player exploring not only each start system, but each planet in each system. Is this a beast of micromanagement or does it flow pretty smoothly? Is the learning curve as steep as dwarf fortress?

It can be pure micromanagement hell if you're insane, but it's incredibly simple just to automate anything that doesn't interest you and only mess with the stuff you want to. The learning curve isn't nearly as steep as dwarf fortress due to this.

I haven't played since a few weeks after the initial release, is there still heavy rubber-banding? I get wanting a challenge but if I set the starting conditions so I'm a space-hegemon it kinda kills it to see everyone catch up after a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread