Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

One of the expansions says you can play in windowed mode, yet there is no option for it? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Edit: nevermind. Sorry.

The General fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 29, 2013

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Played for about 5 hours earlier, got into a few systems, then my empire pretty much imploded. I feel that every race I had met was sabotaging all my bases. Research and mining facilities blowing up every few days :wtc: how do I combat that!?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I cant remember what I bought it all for, $60? 70? That was fair price for all of it. Though I dont play it enough because there is no goddamned windowed mode. Fuuuuck.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You can make it still full screen, but more friendly to alt+tabbing. IIRC, before editing whatever .ini file it was, it was impossible to alt+tab

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm finding (starting in the age of shadows, havent tried not starting there) that I never have enough resources for anything, and pirates ruin anywhere I try to expand to. even if I pay a bunch of them to back off, there are always more of them :/

Someday I'll figure this game out. Someday.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

There's a sound replacement mod that I really like too. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3050750&mpage=1&key=%EF%BF%BD
Replacing some of the more jarring sounds with different ones. I only really needed it because I let the game run while I was sleeping, and the original sounds kept waking me up.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Travic posted:

I'm getting a 'file not found' error on the the Gloom mod. Is it toast?

Did you install it properly? I wasnt paying attention when I installed Extended and botched everything up pretty good.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

vyshka posted:

They posted on the quarter to 3 forums that it will be $59.99. $49.99 for pre-order. $10 discount for each installment already owned, though that must be done through matrix. Steam key will be provided.

Wait, does this mean a pre-order will only be $10 if I own everything else?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I like to set everything to automate, and sometimes stop in to see what my empire is upto. Do some executive decision making, fiddle with some numbers, and leave again.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Lorini posted:

Wonder if it's compatible with the steam version?

I believe you can opt into the Beta patches by going into the properties, and checking out the Beta tab.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I have no idea what I did. But I started a game in the classic era, pre-warp, and I have 15 colonies in 12 systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I kinda wish this game was more like Space Crusader Kings II, but it's still an awesome game. Space map simulator.

• Locked thread