Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
I definitely pulled the trigger on this, but I'm also within Tezzeract's definition of the niche. Also, I understand the complaints about the price at $90, but $60 for the full game and two expansions isn't too bad -- Civilization V is $30 and the sole expansion is also $30, not to mention the myriad of DLC scenarios and civilizations. I'm not saying it's apples to apples, and Civ V being on Steam means you'll probably get it for a song during their sales / daily specials, but I'll consider this $60 well spent if I put even half as much time into Distant Worlds as I have Civ V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

edit: I guess we'll find out because now both me and my BFF Securan allies have one, and from what I can tell our alliance has a World Destroyer monopoly and a shitton of long-term enemies that need to Get Theirs. It's like a galactic-scale version of Legolas and Gimli dickwaving killcounts at Helm's Deep.

This is an awesome thing, and out-of-nowhere awesome scenarios like this are why I'm quickly falling in love with this game despite the hours of waiting for something awesome to occur. I'm still in information overload stage, though, so maybe once I can more quickly process the goings-on of my empire I'll be able to speed things along.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
The only thing I haven't really delved into is ship design. I don't really know what I'm doing in that respect, or which weapons I should go for (or even if I should focus on one weapon type or go for a blend). I think if I had to manage and update each design as new technology is introduced I'd go mad, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on something.

• Locked thread