Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Edit: The Matrix deal is way better!

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

doctorfrog posted:

Here's a direct link to Matrix's announcement if you don't want to deal with a moronic blog:

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/949/Distant.Worlds.-.Legends.Receives.Massive.Update.and.Sale!

Even still, Matrix doesn't make it easy to figure out exactly what you want to buy. To anyone willing to part with the $60: enjoy your investment and come back and tell folks how awesome this game is. For my part, I won't be buying it until it realizes it's a PC game and that the current year is 2012.

Honestly, this kind of game is the definition of niche. You want to play a better version of Masters of Orion 3 and Star Control 2? Who's lining up for that other than older gamers with disposable income and don't mind paying for a premium experience?

It's harder to sell this game to the masses... the niche is what keeps these companies running.

• Locked thread