Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

I really liked this game. Yeah, it's a bit rough, but it really does a fantastic job of balancing the scale of enormous, galaxy-spanning empires with a reasonable amount of management. The civilian economy aspect is such a massive improvement to the genre, it should really be a standard feature of modern 4X games.

I always had a hard time of getting my economy up and running and getting research done in a timely fashion, though. The AI is okay but last I played it tended to overspend and build stations in not ideal locations. Is there a good guide for handling this stuff?

Edit: Also, troops were a huge drain unless you manually slashed your army. That gave me trouble, hopefully they've fixed the AI for that, because that was one of the more tedious things. Managing a force of troop ships was pretty awesome and essential for diplomacy and war, though. Oh, you won't stop pirating my ships and claim jumping my miners? Maybe if can have a strike force with a dozen divisions of troops hovering over that nice planet of yours five seconds from the word go that will change your mind.

Rob Rockley fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread