Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
If I thought Galactic Civilizations 2 was dull and boring should I just leave this thread and not consider buying this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Tried following that New Guy Newbie Guide (which is like following a lego instruction manual on how to play a game) but I don't have the ability to build any weapons research stations.

So I 'copy as new' an energy one, removed the energy labs and added weapon labs and then changed the role.

Am I doing this right?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Well, I thought GalCiv 2 was extremely boring and uninteresting after playing for a few hours but this game has finally gotten a hook in me.

I started pre-warp with nothing which let me learn the game a little more than those starts where you have a bunch of ships already and no idea what they're doing etc.

Just got my first few warships going and killed some giant scorpions that were hassling a mining planet and I'm getting ready to make the first colony ship and start colonizing space.

The real time aspect with pausing really helps a lot.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

How do you get captured spies back? Are they still auto-failures?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Travic posted:

I'm having trouble fully eradicating pirates. Is there some trick to it? I destroy all their starports and mining stations and planetary facilities and they keep coming back. I'm assuming there is a constructor out there some where rebuilding starports, but I can never catch them. If I manage to find one and send a fleet after it they never chase the ship. I have full scanner coverage of my empire and most of the galaxy besides so I can see where all their bases are, and I've tried setting fleets to Attack: Anywhere stance on fully automated, but they just sit there.

Any thoughts? I really want to play with pirates for the depth they add, but I want to be able to destroy them eventually.

I'm having trouble just dealing with pirates. I started a new game because I found myself mid-late gameish on my first game with only 3 colonies and no way getting out paced. This time I went with 'normal' settings for everything such as pirates.

Now they're loving showing up before I even have a construction ship, demanding money, then breaking the deal and blowing some poo poo up and demanding more money and it's keeping my economy in the shitter.

I tried making some ships with some rail guns and missiles and stuff (didn't want to do beam + torpedo) and killed some ships so they sent a big rear end fleet of like 8 ships.

How am I supposed to get on my feet?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I really wouldn't go with Age of Shadows for your first few games.

In fact, I don't think I'm ever playing that mode again, it's really slow to start and the pirates are a total nuisance in a way that I don't find satisfying. Have you tried the introductory game on Classic?

I'm doing custom game though I don't think that counts as Age of Shadows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

So I have a pirate infestation on one of my colonies and it appears to be impossible to uproot because it has something like 180k troops - wtf?

• Locked thread