Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I'll just post here, despite the thread looking dead:
Is it normal that this game uses default Windows popups (for example when quitting the main menu)?
Also, does anyone maybe know the reason why sometimes the windows (tutorial help windows and the likes) act like I'm on 100% RAM usage and leave a trail of half-drawn windows when I drag them around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

You quite possibly are on 100% RAM usage. Resource-intensive does not even begin to describe this game.

Naw, not even close. Everything else (okay, besides scrolling, that's a bit choppy) works swimmingly. I just unpaused for the first time actually and it seems that dragging the tutorial window around makes everything else gently caress up and lag.
Oh well I'm just gonna chalk that up to bugginess unless I stumble upon more of these things.
Thanks for the quick reply by the way. :)

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
No, I'm running Legends. Like I said, everything else works fine so this isn't that big a deal, just weird.
Another question: What do I do against hostile native populations? Can't seem to attack them and they make all my colonization attempts fail. Also, more or less related, where can I see how far my queued colony ships are (since they don't show up in the construction yard cause they get produced in colonies).

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 20, 2012

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Falcorum posted:

You can invade hostile native populations using troop carriers (I think this gives a diplomatic penalty however), as for the colony ships, no idea.

Heh, I tried to bomb them with regular military ships. Thanks!

• Locked thread