Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
I briefly tried the game back when it was released on Steam, but got distracted by shinier games. The incessant message spam, particularly from pirates demanding tiny sums of money, was very annoying though. Considering getting back into the game, is this fixed now or is there a way to disable the spam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
Ok, thanks. I gave it another shot and it seems the spam was toned way down by a patch. The number of requests for "protection money" is very tolerable now.

I have another question though. Why is my "actual output" lower than my "total research capacity"? I built a custom research station, so perhaps it's missing something vital. Seems like I'm getting only 70-80% efficiency on my research.

Edit:
Also, what sort of range should I be aiming for on my military ships in the beginning (with Gerax drive)? They're around 4-5 sectors now.

Is there a way to search for mining locations with specific minerals? I found the list of mining locations, but all the icons look the same, so I have to click and mouseover every one to see what it is.

Apoffys fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 14, 2014

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
10 of each type. Does it need anything else (besides the stuff that gives red warnings if I leave it out)?

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
Thanks. Yet another question: is there a better way to deal with pirates than to just pay them? I can't afford to babysit every single freighter and blowing up their spaceports isn't terribly effective. I've destroyed 3 pirate havens so far (one faction surrendered, the other two just got pissed at me), but the number of pirate attacks is just going up and I'm fast running out of places to attack. How can I best use my fleets to patrol and defend against attacks?

• Locked thread