Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
Enjoying the game so far in most respects, and I took the advice of several other goons as regards grabbing Extended and GEM; things are rather more enjoyable to look at, now. Well, everything save a fair number of the replaced race portraits, at least. All of the old races are basically made to look like uglier humanoids; I don't mind the grittier aesthetic Extended goes for, but it's kind of exasperating when you have your space T-rexes turned into a slightly disgusted-looking guy with a skin rash or your fugly-rear end, tumourheaded scholar-warriors turned into a generic Grey alien variant.

I can't go back to the old portraits because they just look so bad in comparison, even acknowledging that the new portraits lack any of the charm held by their predecessors. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
Is the "area-pulse"/AoE weapon line useful at all? Like, say, against fighters and such?

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
I have no idea how to properly deal with automation in this game; automating things seems so inefficient, and yet I get burned out after manually designating a thousand targets for my hundreds-strong constructor fleet or something along those lines. Ship design, especially, is exhausting, though I have managed to create 14 successive sets thus far for the early-mid game that I can theoretically just load up after the requisite techs are researched, so maybe it will get better once I make more.

Although, I do have to automate my combat fleets and ships, as I have no idea to work with them manually/semi-manually without tearing out my hair over the hundreds of variable attack orders I have to issue in a large-scale war. Inversely, I have no idea how to make construction ships automatically repair derelict ships and whatnot.

• Locked thread