Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I really love the idea of having your faction include a civilian component that goes around and does its own thing without regard for your master plan. That new expansion looks like it adds some cool stuff and I think it's gonna be time to pick this up when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Node posted:

Thats my favorite part about the game. It makes your empire feel alive. The game is still just too rough around the edges for me to enjoy consistently.

Hmmm. I've been following Distant Worlds for a while now, could you expand on what you mean?

(They really should have a demo :()

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

PUKED posted:

If anyone hasn't checked out mods in a while the Graphics Enhancement Mod is amazing, I've been using it + the Gloom Mod + Explosion Mod + Tampa Sound Mod and it makes a massive difference.

There's also Distant Worlds Extended, which I haven't tried but it looks solid.

I didn't even know that mods existed for this, I can't wait to add a bunch more crazy aliens. That graphic mod that changes up a bunch of the icons is really solid looking too, thanks for posting them.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I feel like if they put Distant Worlds on steam for $35-40 the creator could retire in a week of sales.

There are so many half rear end space games that people pre order again and again because nothing fills the void since moo2, but everyone is still looking.

• Locked thread