Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Construction ships will build mining stations for private industry right? Like the private sector orders and pays for it? If I have a construction ship automated how do I know if it's building a station that the AI bought for me or whether it's a private station?

I had a situation where I ran out of helium even though I had sources right in my system. For some reason the automated construction ships never built a mining station there. How do they decide what to build? I thought they would take into account empire resource needs but maybe not? Is it a good strategy to leave a few construction ships under manual control and use them to make sure I'm filling my resource needs?

I've instantly fallen in love with this game btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Thanks both.

Just had another game stalled by a resource shortage. This time it was Chromium (because the AI puts energy collectors on freighters - necessary?). I didn't find a single source. I guess I should have built more exploration ships. There was always like 0.3 in transit but I couldn't track down where it was coming from (I guess another empire?). I haven't had any luck with the smuggling missions yet - every time I set up a mission the pirates seem to ignore it.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Apoffys posted:

Is there a way to search for mining locations with specific minerals? I found the list of mining locations, but all the icons look the same, so I have to click and mouseover every one to see what it is.

In the exploration planner screen (or whatever it's called) you can filter by resource type and only show locations with that resource.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Is there a mod that improves the AI ship designs?

I'd love to just use auto-upgrade for everything including military ships so I can focus on empire building and not get bogged down in components. Is that feasible?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Alright that sounds cool, thanks. I don't mind sticking to a certain type of weapon for each race. I still barely know how to play the game.

• Locked thread