Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
We've been talking about this in the Serie A thread, here's the goal that Masiello admitted to scoring on purpose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMd6yaJ27tg

Once you know he's doing it intentionally it becomes really obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

biggie pusheenbia posted:

We've been talking about this in the Serie A thread, here's the goal that Masiello admitted to scoring on purpose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMd6yaJ27tg

Once you know he's doing it intentionally it becomes really obvious.

They could have at least attempted to make it look real lol

mixitwithblop
Feb 4, 2009

by elpintogrande

tbp posted:

They could have at least attempted to make it look real lol

The retarded leg flop was what made it look incredibly stupid.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Man that stadium is empty...

I take it it's the defender who admitted to doing gently caress all to stop that going in, right?

Mr. Big Snacks
Jul 26, 2006

sircozzie posted:

I take it it's the defender who admitted to doing gently caress all to stop that going in, right?

Huh? The one who scored the own goal, obviously

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sircozzie posted:

Bari were already relegated and it was at the end of the season; neither team had anything play for. Except for money anyway!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sircozzie posted:

Wasn't it built for the 1990 World Cup when they never had a chance of getting a crowd on a regular basis?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Wasn't it built for the 1990 World Cup when they never had a chance of getting a crowd on a regular basis?

Pretty much, although there are plenty of people in Bari! It's a nice stadium other than the track, shame it's never full.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Rachid Bouaouzan not only has the most difficult to spell name in football but he's also the only one (?) sentanced to prison for a foul comitted on the field while playing for his team Sparta Rotterdam. Seen here it landed him six months in the pen.

Regarded as a troublemaker he hasn't had much luck since, trying out for Wigan and N.E.C but not landing a spot, is currently playing his third season for my hometeam Helsingborg and is a really quite good footballer and also seems to have settled down some.

I wish someone would do an epic writeup of Dulee Johnson.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Affi posted:

Rachid Bouaouzan not only has the most difficult to spell name in football but he's also the only one (?) sentanced to prison for a foul comitted on the field while playing for his team Sparta Rotterdam. Seen here it landed him six months in the pen.

duncan "disorderly" ferguson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FanasvLaW8k

three months for this as it was his fourth conviction for assault

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Luke Rodgers: Not allowed to work in the US.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Pretty much, although there are plenty of people in Bari! It's a nice stadium other than the track, shame it's never full.

Were they out of the top flight for a while? I remember reading a bit about it when Ireland played there a couple of years ago. I remember the tickets for that game were really cheap and there were loads of away fans. There were companies doing trips to the game for around €120 or something.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Were they out of the top flight for a while? I remember reading a bit about it when Ireland played there a couple of years ago. I remember the tickets for that game were really cheap and there were loads of away fans. There were companies doing trips to the game for around €120 or something.

They are right now and were for a long while before their most recent stint in Serie A.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

They are right now and were for a long while before their most recent stint in Serie A.

Right. I know people give out about running tracks and they do hurt atmosphere, but I've always loved those type of stadiums. I think it's down to watching loads of Serie A as a kid, they just seem classy to me.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Hoover Dam posted:

All he did was get drunk and blow up a teenage girl's face with fireworks. And get drunk and have a big fat fight. And beat up a man in a car park. It's political correctness gone mad.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Hoover Dam posted:

maybe he'll come back to notts county to be our 4th choice striker behind karl hawley and ben loving burgess

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7677093/Shock-Diouf-Is-Arrested-After-Brawl-In-Nightclub

Diouf is a lovely person

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Oh my. Walked past there yesterday on way to OT with my dad. Number of forensics and coppers on the scene was astronomical.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Ched Evans going to jail for five years, while somehow the other guy who had sex with the same girl at the same time and the two guys filming it through a window and wanking* get nothing at all.

speculation

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
Rape always seems to be a massive grey area of law to me. Very few people ever say "can I please have sex with you" although that being said, it does sound like this woman, whatever her state, was being abused in one way or another.

I'll never understand this football culture of shagging birds with your mates though. Why half the pie when you can have it all yourself, right guys?

Guys?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mikewozere posted:

I'll never understand this football culture of shagging birds with your mates though. Why half the pie when you can have it all yourself, right guys?

It's fun if you dont care about the girl whatsoever. If you do? Not so much. Aaaand I just realized that was exceptionally mysogonistic but whatever.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Ched Evans going to jail for five years, while somehow the other guy who had sex with the same girl at the same time and the two guys filming it through a window and wanking* get nothing at all.

speculation

This is totally bizarre. Both admitted to having sex with the girl, one goes free with no repurcussions, the other gets 5 years.

I'm not sure how that works.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnac posted:

This is totally bizarre. Both admitted to having sex with the girl, one goes free with no repurcussions, the other gets 5 years.

I'm not sure how that works.

Reposting from the PL thread:

It might have something to do with the fact that (according to the first story) the other player is the one that actually chatted her up at the bar and took her back to his hotel room, whether she was blackout drunk or drugged or whatever, so maybe the court thought she consented to having sex with him; while Evans got a call from his mate, showed up at the hotel room and, without having met or talked to the girl before, just started having sex, maybe with a mumbled 'yes' from a basically passed out girl. If that's really the case, I can see why a jury might find one guilty and the other not.

Not saying that's the rationale I would take, but I can see that line of thinking.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
it#s political correctness gone mad

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I wish our players would stop loving getting arrested.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9668835.Brighton_and_Hove_Albion_star_Lua_Lua_in_court_over_nightclub_brawl/

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
To join my post above.

http://www.sussex.police.uk/news-and-events/news/2012/04/30/brighton-sexual-assault-four-charged/

quote:

Four men arrested in January on suspicion of sexual assault have been charged today (Monday, April 30).

George Barker, 20, a professional footballer of Highview Avenue North, Brighton; Steve Cook, 21, a professional footballer of Perth Road, St Leonards-on-Sea; Lewis Dunk, 20, a professional footballer of Woodbourne Avenue, Brighton and Anton Rodgers, 19, a professional footballer of Highview Avenue North, Brighton, are each charged with sexual assault on a female and voyeurism. The offences are alleged to have taken place in Brighton on July 17 last year.

All four men have been bailed to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Friday next week (May 11).

A 19-year-old man from Brighton, arrested on suspicion of sexual assault at the same time, has been advised that no further action will be taken against him.

:(

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Looks like Pennant's been at it again

2005 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1484718/Jermaine-Pennant-jailed-for-second-drink-drive-case.html

2012 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17891409

He's facing pretty much the same chargee as in 2005 when he got time, I guess the circumstances might be different. No pretending to be Ashley Cole this time. He's due back in court next wednesday.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He's a loving idiot that's what he is. It's remarkable that he even got a new chance for a team as good as Stoke, but it looks like he's well on his way ruining what he has there as well.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This deserves to go in here

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUH40Mgr0N0

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I could have sworn that he is now a Born Again Christian... wouldn't that like, stop him from drunk driving?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Weaponized Cum posted:

I could have sworn that he is now a Born Again Christian... wouldn't that like, stop him from drunk driving?

Religious people being hypocritical? :monocle:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

cadfael posted:

Looks like Pennant's been at it again

2005 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1484718/Jermaine-Pennant-jailed-for-second-drink-drive-case.html

2012 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17891409

He's facing pretty much the same chargee as in 2005 when he got time, I guess the circumstances might be different. No pretending to be Ashley Cole this time. He's due back in court next wednesday.

You make £40k a week(or thereabouts), hire someone to drive you around you twat.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Shrapnac posted:

You make £40k a week(or thereabouts), hire someone to drive you around you twat.

He left his chauffeur in Spain.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TyChan posted:

He left his chauffeur in Spain.

Forgot he even had one, poor bloke.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Religious people being hypocritical? :monocle:

Don't you loving talk about God and His Children like that again

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Weaponized Cum posted:

Don't you loving talk about God and His Children like that again

Pulis owns but his kid is honestly not worth defending mate

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
didn't pulis get off on a speeding charge by claiming that by being found guilty stoke would implode and be relegated?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

didn't pulis get off on a speeding charge by claiming that by being found guilty stoke would implode and be relegated?

He said he shouldn't be banned from driving because potential leaks would damage Stoke City and, consequently, harm any businesses dependent on Stoke's welfare.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
As a resident of Stoke I feel I should say that I not only accept, but actively encourage, charging Tony Pulis and Jermaine Pennant in as harsh a manner as is permissible by law. Even if they were both locked up forever it would not cause me, or anyone I know, any hardship. In fact it would cheer me up immensely.

One of those ships has sailed sadly but I still live in hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
"Here driver? You know anyone who can give a good free kick or a throw in?"