Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

He's too poor to afford a driver after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
No defending Pennant really. Hopefully those Hoillet rumours were true.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Sounds like another case for "Mr Loophole"

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

This is hilarious. Why didn't the judge just tell him to gently caress off or perhaps get a car with a privacy screen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

This is hilarious. Why didn't the judge just tell him to gently caress off or perhaps get a car with a privacy screen.

The same reason Gerrard got off. He should have been tried somewhere else

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Pennant got arrested!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/02/stoke-jermaine-pennant-arrested-assault

Beat up a lady, crash your car while drunk, quality evening for him.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Is that not what the last page or so of the thread was about?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Shrapnac posted:

Jermaine Pennant got arrested!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/02/stoke-jermaine-pennant-arrested-assault

Beat up a lady, crash your car while drunk, quality evening for him.
That is a great picture they've chosen of him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Is that not what the last page or so of the thread was about?

No, that was about him getting nicked for drink driving and crashing his poo poo.

This is a new charge today from something that happened earlier in the night.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ahh ok, fair enough. He really is a moron :)

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.birminghammail.net/news/.../#ixzz1tqLqfvu7

quote:

THREE Aston Villa stars were involved in a 2.45am Birmingham nightclub brawl just days before the club’s biggest game of the season.

Chris Herd, James Collins and Fabian Delph were threatened with the police when trouble flared outside Broad Street’s Gatecrasher venue early on Tuesday.

All three have apologised to the fans for their behaviour and the club have fined them with the proceeds going to charity.

Exclusive video footage of the bust-up, given to the Birmingham Mail, shows Herd – his shirt open down to his chest to reveal a distinctive tattoo near his neck – kicking the club’s glass doors in a confrontation with staff. He is joined by Collins and Delph in the expletive-laden melee.

And a fourth unidentified man, dressed in a smart suit and tie, restrains the three footballers towards the end of the 52-second clip, which ends with the stars walking off into the night.

The trouble flared only hours after Villa’s player of the year awards, held at Villa Park’s Holte Suite on Monday.

None of the players at the awards bash were believed to have been drinking alcohol during the ceremony.

An Aston Villa statement said: "The Club dealt with this matter internally on Tuesday and the players in question have been disciplined, with the fines being split between two charities the club are promoting at the game against Spurs on Sunday - Cure Leukaemia and Anthony Nolan.

"Our players attended the club’s end-of-season dinner on Monday night and training on Tuesday was limited to players who did not start in Saturday’s Premier League game against West Bromwich Albion and those not carrying injuries.

"As a club, players, management and fans are completely focused on Sunday’s game against Spurs at Villa Park."

Yikes.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Now beautiful Ray might be in the dock! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16986376

Also Pennants court case was meant to be happening today but its been pushed back to the 15th May apparently.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

If Delph stayed at leeds this not happen...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/01/ched-evans-rape-twitter-investigation

9 people have been arrested for putting the name of the girl Ched Evans raped on twitter

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Not content with pissing his own money up the wall, owen's got rooney at it too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/09/wayne-rooney-pippy-last-chester

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Haha, didn't Rooney lose £70k to Owen at cards when he was first called up to the England squad?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Scott Bakula posted:

The same reason Gerrard got off. He should have been tried somewhere else
yes. that was the reason.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
This is in Italian, but apparently Ronaldinho showed up hungover as hell to practice, hiding behind his body guards and asking to play separately because of "muscle aches". Flamengo's manager said in a press conference that he's "sick" of Ronaldinho already, despite him being the captain.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Bride punched, lobster thrown, doors kicked down

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...home-brawl.html

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Haha, didn't Rooney lose £70k to Owen at cards when he was first called up to the England squad?

Can you imagine what a cock he is when he's winning. Jesus Christ himself wouldn't be able to resist double or quits to wipe the smug grin off his face.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

And released from the club that day as well. Welcome to your new life, Danny!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/13/andrew-hall-footballer-charged-with-murder

An 18 year old Stoke player has been charged with murdering a 15 year old girl

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/13/andrew-hall-footballer-charged-with-murder

An 18 year old Stoke player has been charged with murdering a 15 year old girl

not that kind of player imo

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
So Leon Knight is kicking off on twitter again having a row with Jamie O'Hara about the size of Danielle Lloyd's enormous pussy.

Among many quotes is "I know u aint touching the sides in that pussy cos i know a couple of black men who fully filled her in'; and 'Danielle Lloyd got passed around the Tottenham squad like a tub of shower gel'.

Stay classy, Leon.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Manchester United 'ace' Ryan Tunnicliffe has been arrested for drink driving. He's written off his brand new Range Rover driving it around an industrial estate when he was pissed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4588471/Ryan-Tunnicliffe-nicked-drink-driving.html

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

atomic gog posted:

Manchester United 'ace' Ryan Tunnicliffe has been arrested for drink driving. He's written off his brand new Range Rover driving it around an industrial estate when he was pissed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4588471/Ryan-Tunnicliffe-nicked-drink-driving.html

Ffs.

Still, there's this:

"MAN UTD captain Nemanja Vidic has given £100,000 for a new house to the dad of a former Red Star Belgrade team-mate who died in his Serbian homeland."

:3:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

So Leon Knight is kicking off on twitter again having a row with Jamie O'Hara about the size of Danielle Lloyd's enormous pussy.

Among many quotes is "I know u aint touching the sides in that pussy cos i know a couple of black men who fully filled her in'; and 'Danielle Lloyd got passed around the Tottenham squad like a tub of shower gel'.

Stay classy, Leon.

loving hell haha

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...00252-32217781/

quote:

[Former Liverpool FC youth player] Adam Hammill today admitted attacking two women paramedics.

Hammill, 24, of Hall Road East, Bootle, pleaded guilty to two counts of assault when he appeared before Liverpool Magistrates Court earlier today.

The footballer, who is currently on loan to Championship team Huddersfield Town from Wolverhampton Wanderers, was arrested outside the Revolution bar, in Temple Court, Liverpool city centre, in the early hours of Sunday, October 7.

Amanda Haycock, prosecuting, said ambulance staff Sky Armstrong and Tracy Northey were called out because Hammill was unconscious. But when they tried to put him in a wheelchair he became aggressive.

Miss Haycock said: "He hit out, catching Miss Northey on the nose, spat blood at them and tried to bite them."

She said police officers called to the scene to help the paramedics heard Hammill verbally abuse them and they could smell alcohol on him.

She said: "Despite appearing extremely drunk he had a very strong grip and was difficult to restrain.

"With the help of colleagues who had arrived to assist he was placed in the rear of the ambulance as he needed medical treatment and officers were trying to dodge Mr Hammill's mouth as he to bite those around him."

Ugh. I'd hate to be that guy's defense attorney.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I couldn't find this in English, but lol

Quaresma arrested for assaulting a police officer.

Apprently Quaresma was going to a court in Lisbon to testify at a theft trial where he was the plaintiff. While in the courthouse he was told that a woman had just robbed his mother of her watch, and he ran out of the courtroom to chase the person down. A police officer saw him and rather than calming down and explaining things, he just attempted to beat up the police officer and continue his chase.

Quaresma is Quaresma, I guess.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

I couldn't find this in English, but lol

Quaresma arrested for assaulting a police officer.

Apprently Quaresma was going to a court in Lisbon to testify at a theft trial where he was the plaintiff. While in the courthouse he was told that a woman had just robbed his mother of her watch, and he ran out of the courtroom to chase the person down. A police officer saw him and rather than calming down and explaining things, he just attempted to beat up the police officer and continue his chase.

I can't tell if he's a wasted talent or just a flashy retard.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tbp posted:

I can't tell if he's a wasted talent or just a flashy retard.

See previous post.

Gigi Galli posted:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The case against the 3 Albion players and 1 former Albion player started this week and will be ongoing for three weeks. One of the accused is Anton Rodgers son of Brendan who has been in attendance. The details coming out are actually quite schocking, the whole thing makes my skin crawl. It's just the case for the prosecution today so it's show in the worst light by it doesn't read good at all.

CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK
Another photo showed a man holding his penis against her mouth, the Old Bailey heard.

15m CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK
They featured her lying unconscious on a bed while men stood around masturbating, jury told.

16m CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK
The woman woke up the next morning to find her breasts exposed and discovered photos of her on Antonio Rodgers' phone, court hears.

loving hell.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 22, 2013

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Sounds like a good round of prison for the lads

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Didn't realise one of these is Rogers son.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Mickolution posted:

Didn't realise one of these is Rogers son.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
I wonder if Brendan left an Envelope for his son letting him know that he'd let dad down?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iley-hears.html

Ugh. I'm a little surprised this didn't blow up until now, actually.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
I honestly don't know where to post this, but I guess it comes under the heading of misdemeanor and general skullduggery.

Apparently Olympiakos's manager, who was doing a drat good job, has been sacked for loving the chairman's wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Looked up the Chairman and drat

Less a neckbeard and more of a lush jungle.