Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Colin "coca-cola kid" Kazim-Richards is being investigated for homophobic abuse for gestures he made to Brighton fans. Apparently he mimicked pulling his shorts down and then did a cock wank gesture to his bum.

Seems a bit of a convoluted thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Bendtner arrested for driving drunk in Copenhagen when the cops caught him driving in the wrong direction.

http://www.football-italia.net/31428/bendtner-arrested-dui

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
“Dear friends, I was booked for a mild case of drink-driving last night,”

What the gently caress is a "mild case" of driving drunk and going the wrong way? gently caress him forever. What a piece of poo poo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Bendtner arrested for driving drunk in Copenhagen when the cops caught him driving in the wrong direction.

http://www.football-italia.net/31428/bendtner-arrested-dui

That's a couple for him now, isn't it? He seems to be developing a problem.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress is a "mild case" of driving drunk and going the wrong way?

No injuries or fatalities I imagine.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He's an idiot. Sad to see someone so talented piss away his career.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress is a "mild case" of driving drunk and going the wrong way? gently caress him forever. What a piece of poo poo.

Result from blood test leaked. It was anything but mild. His blood alcohol content was around 0.15, 3 times the legal limit in Denmark. The fact he drove in the wrong direction acts as aggravating circumstance as well. He's looking at a fine around £340k (fine is based on income) and 3 years driving suspension.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He was quite apologetic about it on Twitter

Mar 3
@bendtnerb52
dear friends i was booked for a mild case of drinkdriving last night it was a quite nite but i am very very sorry to all my friends and fans

‏@bendtnerb52
it is not ok to drink and drive. I take full responsibility

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/04/francis-jeffers-broomstick-arrest-wife?INTCMP=SRCH

Francis Jeffers gets angry and wields broomsticks.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

The pig in the brig
The bison in the prison
The man in the can

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

quote:

Jeffers was asked by the court clerk if he was working and he responded: "No."

he works when he wants

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Danish FA has suspended Bendtner until September: http://www.football-italia.net/31477/bendtner-banned-denmark

Not that that's a very harsh punishment considering he's out injured for the rest of the season at least.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The ex-Flamengo goalkeeper Bruno just got 22 years in prison in Brazil. He's the one who had his girlfriend killed, dismembered and fed to his dogs because he didn't want to pay her for their lovechild.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

He's the one who had his girlfriend killed, dismembered and fed to his dogs

This just escalates with every part. Geez, 22 years seems rather lenient.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

This just escalates with every part. Geez, 22 years seems rather lenient.

His defence was that he was aware of it but didn't do anything to stop it, so it might have been the maximum a conspiracy charge in brazil could go too. You'd need a Portuguese speaker to get any further into the sentencing reasons.

Thread title probably needs changing though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

His defence was that he was aware of it but didn't do anything to stop it, so it might have been the maximum a conspiracy charge in brazil could go too. You'd need a Portuguese speaker to get any further into the sentencing reasons.

Thread title probably needs changing though.

I'm not completely sure, but I think the maximum time for any charges in Brazil is 30 years.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Mathieu Manset is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Reading shirt.

Picked up from Hereford on the cheap he mostly stood entirely still and was awful, totally out of his depth in the championship. Somehow we loaned him to Shanghai Shenhua where he scored a massive one goal during his time in China and was reported to show disdain for most of the team. He then moved on to FC Sion where he managed one goal in six months and was then sacked following a string of disciplinary issues and a ban for drinking in clubs into the early hours of the morning of game days. A player totally out of his depth who shows contempt for everyone around him and has no intention of not playing the little diva.

He's now signed for Carlisle United, where you'd imagine him and his agent would be showing a little more humility now that they're almost back in league 2.

Nah.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Say, that's a nice limo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So Mauro Zarate has been frozen out of the Lazio squad for almost the whole season. Now that Klose is out injured, Kozak can only score in the Europa League and Floccari ran out of goals, it seems like a good time to give him a shot. Unfortunately, Zarate informed the club that he wouldn't be able to go to training this week as he had some medical issues and he provided a note from his doctors.

Unfortunately for him, a Lazio fan vacationing in Maldives spotted him there and promptly called a Rome radio station and told them everything he saw. The club isn't sure who to believe but he's supposed to be back in training today (Thursday) so I guess the truth will have to come out.

If it's true I kind of feel bad for him. He may be a whiny little poo poo but he's still a decent player and he's stuck with a team and management that hates him. I'd wanna go on vacation too.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

So Mauro Zarate has been frozen out of the Lazio squad for almost the whole season. Now that Klose is out injured, Kozak can only score in the Europa League and Floccari ran out of goals, it seems like a good time to give him a shot. Unfortunately, Zarate informed the club that he wouldn't be able to go to training this week as he had some medical issues and he provided a note from his doctors.

Unfortunately for him, a Lazio fan vacationing in Maldives spotted him there and promptly called a Rome radio station and told them everything he saw. The club isn't sure who to believe but he's supposed to be back in training today (Thursday) so I guess the truth will have to come out.

If it's true I kind of feel bad for him. He may be a whiny little poo poo but he's still a decent player and he's stuck with a team and management that hates him. I'd wanna go on vacation too.

I mean, I know he shouldn't be on vacation, but they don't necessarily clash. Though, at this juncture I guess Lazio is willing to deflect to anyway. Sinking ship (Napoli too :( )

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/newcastle-united-hatem-ben-arfa-1777128

What is it with footballers and driving without insurance. Twice in a week in different cars is particularly impressive

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm still surprised clubs let footballers buy supercars and poo poo. Some players have it written in their contracts that they can't ride motorbikes because of the risk of injury but it's cool to zip around in a ferrari at 100mph. If I were in charge of a football club I'd order a fleet of Volvos in the club colours for the players to get around in. Safe, economical and practical.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Cars are far more safe the bikes though. You could potentially walk away from a high speed smash in a super car but on a bike they'd be picking up bits of you for miles. The thing I don't get is that I thought they paid those horrible oval office agents 10% so they didn't have to trawl compare the market during international breaks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

I'm still surprised clubs let footballers buy supercars and poo poo. Some players have it written in their contracts that they can't ride motorbikes because of the risk of injury but it's cool to zip around in a ferrari at 100mph. If I were in charge of a football club I'd order a fleet of Volvos in the club colours for the players to get around in. Safe, economical and practical.

Juve have those horrible Jeeps that they all drive. I mean they all have their other monster rides too, but it's rare to see them in those.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Barcelona has the car rule too, and Ibrahimovic was none too happy about it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I don't see how anybody can badmouth Juventus with their Jeeps after it yielded classy clips like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO249QRAdxA

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Reminder that Jermaine Pennant forgot he owned a Porsche after leaving it at a train station in Zaragoza. The club contacted him 5 months later and when they checked the car out it was unlocked with the keys on the seats. It also had 'P33NNT' vanity plates. He is without question one of the stupidest footballers on Earth.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve have those horrible Jeeps that they all drive. I mean they all have their other monster rides too, but it's rare to see them in those.

That's a club requirement dealie though. Hence why Paul Scholes rolls up to matches in a lovely Chevrolet estate or something.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

That's a club requirement dealie though. Hence why Paul Scholes rolls up to matches in a lovely Chevrolet estate or something.

You get the feeling that Scholes would drive it anyway

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

You get the feeling that Scholes would drive it anyway

Well yeah, they gave the players a choice of car in the Chevrolet range and that's what he picked.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Two players for the Lebanon international side are facing match fixing charges relating to a 1-0 loss to Qatar in January.

Since then Qatar have pulled off surprise wins against Malaysia and Egypt. Seems to be one factor present in all of these shock results tbh.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Shrapnac posted:

Well yeah, they gave the players a choice of car in the Chevrolet range and that's what he picked.

Wasn't it Audi that gave United all cars, but only SAF was driving his so they took them all back?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ex Celtic and MK Dons player Paul Slane took the international weekend off to go out on a bender that started in Glasgow, and ended up with him posting pictures of himself loving prostitutes in Amsterdam on twitter.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/CprBOSK.jpg :nws:

He's getting a bit of stick

https://twitter.com/paulslane19

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 24, 2013

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

ex Celtic and MK Dons player Paul Slane took the international weekend off to go out on a bender that started in Glasgow, and ended up with him posting pictures of himself loving prostitutes in Amsterdam on twitter.

Jesus. Surely his career has gotta be over after this.

Edit: he also does an irritating wacky MySpace face in all his photos, including when he's shagging a prostitute. Even worse.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Two players for the Lebanon international side are facing match fixing charges relating to a 1-0 loss to Qatar in January.

Since then Qatar have pulled off surprise wins against Malaysia and Egypt. Seems to be one factor present in all of these shock results tbh.

Qatar beating Malaysia is not a surprise result at all. Malaysia is really really terrible in football with tons of political meddling and corruption.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Perfect Element posted:

Because no player has ever shagged a prostitute before.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mrg220t posted:

Qatar beating Malaysia is not a surprise result at all. Malaysia is really really terrible in football with tons of political meddling and corruption.

Qatar is far from being the worst team in Asia too, they managed to get in the final round of the Asian WC qualifiers after all.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

To be fair his career was pretty much over before this, when he could barely get a game for Partick Thistle. Shame he left us for Celtic as he looked quite promising before.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

If only he had literally killed children instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

He's a proper ladies man